It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSA from the Ohio Militia Aug 13 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

This is our answer to the corporate media who is clearly following old trends of demonizing the Constitution protected militia groups. They clearly are showing a false biased picture of the militias claiming they are all anti government racist terrorists who want to take over the country and hurt people. This couldn't be further from the truth. You decide.

*edit to add the following Aug 13 MSM report
Aug 13 2009

American Militias MSNBC Report Militias On The Rise In U S

I don't suggest violence, The is a expressing, journalism ! like a director making a violent or horror film, this is only entertainment, documenting the fact of culture that exist in the U.S.A, as long as I am free to express myself I will!

[edit on 14-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Dude, warren, is that you?!?

Seriously, the guy needs a good script writer. I am all for his message. We need to maintain our militias. It would be nice if there *could* be transparency on them and they did not have to hide behind camoflauge masks, but I understand their reasoning. And yeah, it is obvious thayt most of these groups couldn't care less if the president was black, white, or rainbow. But the MSM finds it convenient to paint them as racists because it is an instant hate mark against them..

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I will look at it when I get home but if I recall correctly these guys are sending out newsletters now.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I cant help but think that video was a joke. Sadly I think it wasn't. Those two militia do it completely wrong. They look undisciplined, they almost look comical, I couldn't help but not take it serious, they really give us a bad name, they add to the stupid red neck image. I really am speechless I cant even begin to describe how pitiful that "message" was.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

If you believe the latest propaganda from the government, Dangerous militias are regrouping, hell bent on destroying Americans. Lets take a look at one of the FBI's Operatives trying to find these so called extremist militias.
And YES the guy is for real, believe it or not!

[edit on 14-8-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ok.. A militia is supposed to be respected and feared. I did not feel ether of the two. Some tips for making a future video. Pretend to be educated. Pretend to have discipline. Wear matching B.D.Us, try to appear uniform. When talking don't wave your hands all over the room. For the gas mask guy, pull your boonie cover down to cover your forehead as not to show the gas mask straps.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
+1 on that brother. Seriously, I'm 100% for the PRINCIPLES the militias stand for but unfortunately the last thing we need are some fringe lunatics doing what they THINK is something patriotic that is nothing more than self-serving anarchy. There are WAY too many well-armed people out there spoiling for a fight and praying that the world descends into a Mad Max kegger so they can get their jollies. And my biggest fear is that these kinds of people would see themselves as the 'new government' if things ever did fall apart. They so remind me of the al queda/taliban videos we've seen it gives me the heebie-jeebies.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Militias are important. I truly dislike the fact that the media has taken up this view of them.

Damn TPTB for making everything in our Constitution look bad.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
anyone remember these weird Martial Law TV ads?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Holy crap warren. Is this guy for real? You can't violate anyone's civil rights... unless you're part of his team in which case bugging without a warrant is apparently OK. Save us all. We're completely and truly screwed.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It is one thing to be a militia and to show that you have power/might, it is an entirely other thing to try to bust up a stereotype by supporting it.

Aren't these militiamen trying to dispel some of the propaganda, myths and stereotypes enforced by the MSM?

Well, If you are a militia and you want to get a message across, please appoint a public affairs person. Seriously, find the member of your militia that is well spoken and professional looking. No, not professional as in Dog the Bountyhunter, but professional as in distinguished and polished. Oh, and DON'T dress in camouflage with face masks and automatic weapons all over the place.

Seriously, the average American that a militia needs to 'connect with' to break this stereotype identifies more closely with a clean-cut, well spoken person than with a guy in fatigues with a ton of guns and a dog in the back of his pickup.

Adding to that, are militias becoming irrelevant? Personally, I feel the equivalent of a 'well armed militia' in 1800 would be a team of lawyers and lobbyists today. Seriously, what is a 'militia' really going to do against a modern military? Guerilla warfare perhaps, but unless you have a few million dollars, you will be outmatched and technologically inferior by a large degree.

Do we really need Jeb and his cousins running around in thousands of dollars of guns and gear, or do we need a team of lawyers and lobbyists to convince lawmakers that the will of the people shall be heard and that it too can be profitable?

[edit on 14-8-2009 by nydsdan]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I am not a militia member, I don't own a gun, but the media is clearly trying to demonize the militia movement and they forget that militia's have been an integral part of our nation since it's founding. They swear an oath to the constitution, and can be called by the governor to protect the states in case of invasion. With Federal expansions of powers, now controlling the National Gaurd, the militia's fill that role.

I might need to send my governor a letter letting him know to strengthen militia rights within my state. Thankfully I live in a very cowboy, old country state, where I think most people own guns and aren't afraid to use them.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Ohio Militia On Free Talk Live Radio - aug 14 09

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Damn, I used to like Olberman but now he's sounds like a dingbat after lumping militias in with hate groups. As for your message be clear that you aren't ANTI anything. Militias are PRO-government, PRO-constitution.
it is the job of the militias to defend the state. BOO on the MSM!! they just make their buck making us look bad (i am militia also). Keep up the good work and remember your duty. godspeed.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Rofl!OMG.............Gletty. Hysterical. Funny thing is I know exactly where much of that video was shot - it;s Roan Mtn in the smokies and I've hiked that part of the AT before. Why do they consistently call Militias anti-government? We're pro-government but anti-stupidity. He's one for the big house for sure, I don't feel safe with loonies like him out there. I've run into some strange types on the trail before- thanks for the heads up Warren!

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Well first off the Ohio Militia doesn't come off as crazy. They don't come off as scary. And they certainly don't come off as educated. Now, I know being from Ohio that when you're out in the country people just have a way of talking.. but sounding dumb AND using a voice disguise.. lmao.. what can I say?

As for the "FBI" investigator.. let me just say that if I ever saw him, someone like him, "tagging" peoples cars in a parking lot for doing something protected by the Constitution .. well I can't actually say what I would do. (But I CAN hint I would do something, because the POS prick isn't a agent anymore, he's a private investigator) .. the treasonous scum .. The FBI has no legal authority to investigate militias simply because they are anti government.

And the think.mtv. commercials.. holy snap that's some freaky stuff Warren...

To add some irony: putting the fact that militias are growing in popularity on the news is by all accounts going to cause the membership in militias to increase. Members should just be aware of informants. I think I might ask around town if there is a local militia here..

new topics

top topics

join