It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to help kids who fit the indigo stereotype?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Nothing more than a bunch of delusional neo-pagans who have lived the Hippie era and are trying to live the Gardenerian era by teaching their kids traits that although are thoughtful, arent very well useful in their life. You cant really live off free hugs and smiling at the sun as much as you can try.
To brainwash them into believing they can read minds is also dillusional as I was in love with a Indigo once a long time ago, but she was so up herself (and not a very good psychic) to fail to see that I wanted to make something of our relationship. In the end I just gave up and left her to the tree huggings again.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I do see auras on people, I can tell if a person is angry, strung out, stressed out, horny, or other emotions. How do I do this? Well, they have an energy field that is all about them, like a cloud, and it has color to it. I also have an acute sense of smell, which is a curse at times.

I can read all those emotions in people at a glance... and I have no special indigo powers. It's called body language. I also have an acute sense of smell, a pitch perfect ear, excellent eyesight, empathy and good intuition... yet again, I am not indigo.

I am just a normal person who does not need to make up fairy tales to boost my self esteem, feed my narcissism or feel validated. At the end of the day, you're still plain old you regardless of the ego tripping.

IRM

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

You notice how the indigo's fail to reply to the people who challenge them, yet pamper each other when someone compliments them...

It's one of their traits didn't you know?

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Autowrench:
I too wonder....did anyone notice that the two members in this thread who scream the loudest about Indigos being delusional are named DraconianKing and mr-lizard? Just a little too much for you? Are you on our side, or on the side of the Reptilians, our sworn enemy?

Really though, I will not be drawn out, I am not here to please anyone. Don't like what I say? Easy, don't read me. Use that "ignore" button. My message is for those who want to know. If you don't want to know, don't read it! It's that simple.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Autowrench:
I too wonder....did anyone notice that the two members in this thread who scream the loudest about Indigos being delusional are named DraconianKing and mr-lizard? Just a little too much for you? Are you on our side, or on the side of the Reptilians, our sworn enemy?

Yeah we're here to steal your minds.

Seriously though - i dont want you thinking i'm attacking you personally, but too many people are being drawn into this pseudo-spiritualism.

I've known people who claim to be indigo and they basically just got on my nerves with their inflated sense of self-righteousness.

Sure some people are brighter / Cleverer or more focused than others. Some people mature faster, some people don't...

That's life. It doesn't make you or anyone else more fantastic than the average joe.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

It's all very simple. All you need is a stick with some string and some sticks with points. No ill intent here, just love. It is all about the love isn't it?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Couldn't help it. I had to do it. They were begging me.

Edited to add that I hope everyone knew I was just referring to the recent Indigo war writing contest. Just a thought I had when reading through this thread. I would not advocate the fictional story for the solution to the opening post. It was a joke really. I hope no one was offended.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Autowrench:
No offence taken. The label "Indigo" is just like a lot of other labels, like "mechanic" and so one are applied to everyone, I just went with it as my aura is the right color, and I fit the profile. No other reason. Guess i could be called a great deal of names, if someone really wanted to. Labels are now what a person, or thing is. Love and Light, Autowrench

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Kill them with fire
or with a crowbar

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I fit the profile of an "indigo", but do not subscribe nor dismiss. Like a theory of 'god' it is improvable one way or another.

The hostilities voiced in this(and many other) threads remind me why I rarely post in any forums. Now, who was it that was "self-righteous" ? Look at the mirror when throwing such phrases around.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I have got to start with this...

You start by saying you're gonna take the high-road (non trollish) and this is one of your first sentences?

Hai ATS. I deal with some kids on a daily basis that fit the stereotype for "super special 133T indigo" perfectly.

Nice...classy too

Now with that said let me give you a non-indigo perspective that's a bit different from alot of the rest...I took the test and I think I came out as something far different from Indigo

Here it comes...ready?

leave them be...

there it is OP...let them be. If it's true they are real then you're gonna look foolish for this post...however if they aren't real then what are they harming? How are they harming you directly? Because of their attitude? Stop listening to them! It isn't difficult.

The way I see it if they are wrong then they are the ones who will suffer long before you guys beat them up or burn them as one suggested. They will suffer because they will feel entitled and then find out it got them nowhere.

So let them be...in fact why can't everyone let everyone else be?

besides...as cheap as it is to say...and folks here love this line...proove it isn't real

- Kyo (The tolerant non-indigo)

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Im not understanding the premise of your question? Assuming Indigos are real, why would they need help?
The best way to help anybody is not to tell them that they are aliens. That's number 1. Number 2, dont tell them that they have an extra strand of DNA. Number 3, tell them that they are different from everyone else, but that we are all different. BUT, we're all 100 percent human. Otherwise you're fueling the idea that there are "special" people here when in fact there aren't. Only spoiled kids with no social skills and they can be helped with Ritilin and spankings.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Because OP thinks they are fake and believe they need saving....I think it isn't that big a deal personally

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Wow. There's a lot of animosity in response to this topic. I wonder if that's really necessary.

For what it's worth, here's my take on the matter.

I think we should put aside the "indigo" moniker for the duration of this thread. It's become such a loaded term, and so many people reject the whole idea, that it would be better to take a more reasoned look at what we're really talking about.

Let's forget about the idea that these people are somehow metaphysically different or more evolved than the rest of humanity, that they're a different root race, or alien walk-ins, or whatever. Let's define what we're talking about in mundane terms, without relying on the mystical. Let's drop the indigo label and discuss this in terms that actually mean something.

There are people in the world who don't fit in. This is a given. Some of them don't fit in because they are more intelligent, more sensitive, more perceptive, more creative than the majority. This is also a given. Often these sorts of talents are accompanied by social disorders, and it is very difficult for these people to integrate into society, and often they would prefer not to. And society has little to no support structure for them. There is institutionalized support for those who are mentally challenged, mentally ill, physically disabled, addicted to drugs, homeless and/or struggling by way of circumstance. There are resources for the challenged, but not for the gifted. Often the gifted struggle just as much and, by default, fall to the same vices that claim the challenged.

Are people with these gifts emissaries of a finer world? Maybe. Who cares? They're people who encounter specific challenges in the world as it is now, and as an ostensibly enlightened society, we have an ethical imperative to ameliorate their difficulties.

One cannot, in modern times, make a living as a philosopher, a shaman, an alchemist or a soothsayer. The niche for people who are strangely gifted (and I don't believe this phenomenon began in the seventies. That's just when our culture started acknowledging people like this.) no longer exists. Our monoculture of secular humanism has rendered them obsolete.

Society would have to change to make a place for people like this. I would like it if it did. I am one of them. I don't label myself Indigo (though my new-age space-case parents certainly do) but I know I've faced difficulties as a result of high IQ, social anxiety, overwhelming empathy and emotional sensitivity, abnormal patterns of thought and unusual intuition, and a general lack of ability or desire to conform to societal standards.

Society won't change because we tell it to. Society changes as an organic process, even in the high-tech age. It is possible that as technology opens up new vistas of creativity and intellectual pursuit, a place for people with these gifts will emerge. Until then, just give the kids some room. I have become the reasonably well-adjusted person I am today because my parents didn't smother my interests or try to slot me into a role that would've made me miserable. They knew from the beginning that I was my own person and they couldn't tell me what to do.

The best thing that can happen to a gifted person is finding others similarly gifted and forming a sort of tribe. That's the best support structure one can find, short of society offering one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join