It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man claims he was sacked for hiring a black person

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Man claims he was sacked for hiring a black person

www.kens5.com

A San Antonio apartment complex management company has been hit with a racial discrimination lawsuit.

Management Solutions Incorporated is accused of demoting, and then firing a white manager at its De Zavala Oaks Apartments for hiring an African-American employee.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has sued MSI for violating federal law.

The EEOC also claims MSI told its managers to maintain a "certain look" in the office, which was not to include blacks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I really thought we had evolved as a race. I don't know WHAT I was thinking.

Outright discrimination. The manager of this complex hires a black person to do a job. Sounds to me like the manager wasn't black. That part made me happy. Yay! Progress.

Then it turns out HIS boss crap cans him because the office just wouldn't 'look right' with a black person in it.

I don't think I've ever SEEN a black person. Have you? I HAVE seen black crayons, black markers and black paint...never in my LIFE have I seen a black PERSON.

Is that label even correct? I got it from the news, I didn't make it up.

www.kens5.com

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
I don't think I've ever SEEN a black person. Have you? I HAVE seen black crayons, black markers and black paint...never in my LIFE have I seen a black PERSON.

www.kens5.com

I always hear the term BLACK person, yet state there are no black people. I'm not trying to sound racist, but brown is a more fitting word i think. Black seems to deam something evil and occult like. I dunno though... that's a pretty crappy story too OP.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
east indians are brown
black people are black
it's not that hard.
I find it odd that you equate black with being evil, tho.
Are you afraid of the dark?
Nighttime is evil!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

I'd get your colorchart out and check the hue again heyo because black people are not black. Night-time is black, correct. Night-time is also associated with evil things, such as spirits and stuff. Therefore I stand by my suggestion black is considered evil.

BTW I'm not afraid of the dark. Just the day

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well then what should replace the term 'black person'. I think that the term "colored' fits pretty good. If that sounds racist then why is it called the NAACP? I dont agree with the term 'African-American' because they aren't from Africa. I am not deemed a German-American, i am white.

Down with political correctness.

And besides that i think that if a business if privately owned they should be able to deny anybody service for any reason unless extreme circumstances obligate the person do act otherwise.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
White manager hires a black employee and is fired because it isn't the image they want to project?

Sounds like marketing and money are at the root of this racism.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It's not racism its business. If you own a shop and you have a white guy who can sell 500 things in a day but with a black guy you only sell 250, who are you going to employ? Obviously the white guy.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
It's not racism its business. If you own a shop and you have a white guy who can sell 500 things in a day but with a black guy you only sell 250, who are you going to employ? Obviously the white guy.

So fire the guy that hired him? That's a great idea. The worker he sells less is still working and the other person is gone.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yeah i think that he should've kept his job. Unless of course he was given directions against what he did. Then he deserves those consequences.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

excuse me, yes they are.
my vision is fine.
I don't tiptoe around people's sensibilites.
black people are generally darker than say, Indians. therefore, indians are brown, and the darker people are black.
This argument is nonsense, ugh.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC

So fire the guy that hired him? That's a great idea. The worker he sells less is still working and the other person is gone.

Not kosher.
Too many assumptions being made.
Nobody knows anything about the two people in the article except for race. Ability in the job is strictly an individual trait and has nothing to do with race.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
reply to post by RenDMC

excuse me, yes they are.
my vision is fine.
I don't tiptoe around people's sensibilites.
black people are generally darker than say, Indians. therefore, indians are brown, and the darker people are black.
This argument is nonsense, ugh.

Excuse me, but "black" people are brown. Indians are brown (heaven knows how Indians were brought into this). They are different shades. Your vision must be impaired as I have yet to see a single BLACK person. Maybe a shadow person, but, that's not a real person.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I have a couple of Haitian friends and they are BLACK! Even the other black people make fun of them!

Of course black people have variations of tone. There are some caramel colored "light-skinned" versions, and even albinos.

The same goes for white people. Right now I am darker than some black people. My father looks black in photos, but his legs and azz are neon white!

The term 'black' is descriptive. It serves a purpose. Everyone with common sense knows what you are talking about, and the conversation can move on. Unless you are with a sketch artist, I don't think it is necessary to go into the vast array of color possibilities for every person. Mocha? Mocha Latte? Caramel? Shadow Black? or Black as night? Eggshell? Off-White? or Neon White? I guess they would have to dance a little to determine exactly how white they are?

GIVE ME A BREAK AND GET BACK TO THE REAL ISSUE.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

haven't seen one? oh well. there are different shades of every colour. black isn't equated with evil tho, except for by that long stretch you stated before. have a good one.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You are talking about something else entirely.

You always hire the better salesman race wouldn't factor into that.
That isn't what is being expressed in this article.

Reread the article and when you get to the point where it says that this company feels that all Black employees would only produce half as much as Whites, please post it up in here.

Otherwise the point of the article is in what has actually been stated. A manager hired a black employee and was fired for not keeping an all White look to the company.

If this allegation is true then that would mean that non-whites who applied to work at this company would have their applications disregarded based on their race.

That would be the definition of racism and discrimination.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Is that label even correct?

I can see that being a whole other topic.

If I were you I'd focus on the interesting article you posted, or you may end up derailing your own thread.

- Lee

[edit on 14-8-2009 by lee anoma]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I really thought we had evolved as a race. I don't know WHAT I was thinking.

www.kens5.com

This made me laugh.

We have evolved into an oversensitive politically corrected race.
We are just trying to find the balance. The hypersensitivity was caused by a good ideal. (Eliminating racism), but ...

The colors are mostly used for a description basis, best used for law enforcement criteria. I never say, my "black" buddy drives a jag. But I would say a "white" male suspect stole my buddies jag.

Sad to see that racism still exists. But I think it will forever. As long as life includes individuality. People still can't agree on a religion, based off of one book. That takes its tole when you give people different skin colors. haha.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenDMC

www.kens5.com

I always hear the term BLACK person, yet state there are no black people. I'm not trying to sound racist, but brown is a more fitting word i think. Black seems to deam something evil and occult like. I dunno though... that's a pretty crappy story too OP.

Famous rapper KRS-One would agree with you. He always states... "that speaker... that's black. That table... that's black. My skin.... it's brown."

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

Although I don't think "political correctness" had anything to do with this alleged firing, ( if the allegations are true the managers' bosses weren't politely mincing words if they said "no blacks allowed"), but I do agree with your other points on our issues with race and seperation.

I doubt we'll ever get past it.

- Lee

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join