It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Was Against the American Health Care System Before He Was For It

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Glenn Beck Was Against the American Health Care System Before He Was For It

gawker.com

In January of 2008, just 16 months ago, Glenn Back underwent "ass surgery" to remove a hemorrhoid. The Daily Show dug up video of Beck detailing how horrific his personal experience was, video that contradicts everything he's been saying lately.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
*watch the video*

Wow...

See, this is why I watch the Daily Show, because someone has to "keep em honest!"

So Glenn Beck RAILS on the American HealthCare system calling it "the personal nightmare which is our healthcare system"

But then just recently he says it's amazing...

So this thread isn't so much about the healthcare system... obviously we have GB debating both sides of the issue... But shouldn't he at least look at the topics of his shows to ensure he's not contradicting himself in his attempt to incite his viewers to whatever he happens to believe today?

gawker.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Please forgive thee.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d635d104c00f.jpg[/atsimg]

Thoust contradict thyself.

Nice find Hunka

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Top shelf draw-ring

Beck calls himself a "Rodeo Clown"...whaddaya want?

Seriously, though, so what?? He may want health care improvements, just not in the form that the Brothers Mengele (The Emanuel Bros.) might fantasize...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

KK

Where DID you find that? Are there more?

Complete LOL

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Wow! Contradiction? Like people who supported Americans questioning their government during the last administration, now they say it's un-American and Astroturfing?

Thy contradict yourselves.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I usually dust that puppy off when people complain that there is no mention of Healthcare in the Constitution. It is meant to be a metaphor for State-of-the Art Medicine circa 1776. I query if they'd like the same level of technolgy used since they are so enamoured with clinging to the past. They rarely provide a positive response.

It seemed germane to this thread. Source was Google Images, don't recall keywords. Old fashioned enema perhaps?

Regards. . . KK

[edit on 14-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Wow! Contradiction? Like people who supported Americans questioning their government during the last administration.

Ooooppppssss. Sorry

I see no mention of 'Government' in thread title or OP, nor does it appear in a political forum.

I thought we were evaluating the hypocrisy of a TV "News" personality.

Am I wrong, or are you perhaps a tad "irregular?"

I'll heat up some water.

Regards. . . KK

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Glenn Beck has no baring in the healthcare debate; even if he said our system sucks, it doesn't mean socializing it would make it any better. Congressional members have private insurance, I don't see them saying their coverage sucks, I guess that's a contradiction too? Yes, in fact it is...but will the Daily Show point that out? No, because Jon Stewart is liberal.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Wow! Contradiction? Like people who supported Americans questioning their government during the last administration, now they say it's un-American and Astroturfing?

Weak...
Questioning and Astroturfing are two different things, and you know that full well.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by kinda kurious

KK

Where DID you find that? Are there more?

Complete LOL

This video was shown on his own show!! I watched it at the time, and now I'm thinking, yep, another right wing hypocrite. Just like the Medicare Prescription Plan of 2003. It was signed and delivered! Do you know what was in that bill? End of Life consultation!!!

[edit on 14-8-2009 by aero56]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

you know NOTHING of the bill do you. Brain washed and Hand fed. I have private health care as well and I will continue to. It is for people who do not and need better quality then when is available right now. There may be some pork, and there may be some thing that they did not get right in this bill. But if you actually read the un biased straight poop on this, you would get it. I am not a fan of government being in our lives, except on national issues, Army, health crisis, Natural disasters etc..

But this is just one mans opinion

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

Did you watch the Video.. He said Our health care system is broke in one, and then said why fix ANYTHING, we have the best health care on the planet. Its is not about not liking this bill or just wanting to fix it, It is a clear cut case of BS, lies and doing what ever his right wing puppet masters say is bad at the time.

I Promise you, if the right did not want cheese any more, Glenn Bleck would sell out his mother to tell us the evils of cheese.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Just to play devil's advocate, if you go through the 1st level of hell and say you hate it, but then see the 9th level and claim the 1st level is the best ever, is that bad or wrong in any way?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I also watch the Daily Show and saw this. I think Glenn Beck is bucking for Rush Limbaugh's job. I mean Rush can't shovel... I mean, broadcast forever now can he? They need someone to take his place when Obama gets him fired.

Here is the funniest fricking thing I've ever seen on TDS.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/726ef74a64e1.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm sorry if it made you spit on your monitor.

John Stewart makes the ridiculous political atmosphere bearable.

That is a great show.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Please forgive thee.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d635d104c00f.jpg[/atsimg]

Thoust contradict thyself.

Nice find Hunka

What the hell does that depict?

I realize there is a ( ) and a blank - but????

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Thy contradict yourselves.

hardly Un American as that has a GOP + tm on that one...

I just find it childish, uninformed and shillish.

Lying about and creating into a Trillion $ war is a whole other ball game, I just think of the current stuff like having a retarded uncle.

Very American, yet partially TBI, also very American.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i fail to see how his reaction to medication has anything to do with anything.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Just to play devil's advocate, if you go through the 1st level of hell and say you hate it, but then see the 9th level and claim the 1st level is the best ever, is that bad or wrong in any way?

Well since he originally had a hemorrhoid Operation and said he hated the healthcare system, and now that he's all better he loves it, it kinda turns your analogy on it's head. Did you watch the video?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974
i fail to see how his reaction to medication has anything to do with anything.

Vince I'm not sure if you watched the entire video. Jon actually said the same thing "well maybe he's a bit groggy etc.. sure when he comes back he'll be back to his senses right?

But then, Glenn ran several shows chastising our "nightmare" of a healthcare system.

His surgery was in Jan, and he ran a special about the horrors of the American Healthcare as late as June...

Them some serious meds ain't they?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join