It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wobbling Earth Triggers Climate Change

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Wobbling Earth Triggers Climate Change

dsc.discovery.com

Aug. 14, 2009 -- Regular wobbles in the Earth's tilt were responsible for the global warming episodes that interspersed prehistoric ice ages, according to new evidence.

The finding is the result of research led by Russell Drysdale of the University of Newcastle that has been able to accurately date the end of the penultimate ice age for the first time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well, For me, This is not News. But it is important that these Cycles are finally being Addressed by the Media and Scientific Community. The Milankovitch cycles have been studied for some time. Another Article back in 1976, "Variations in the Earth's Orbit: Pacemaker of the Ice Ages" appeared in Science Magazine. What I find Funny is the people that still deny there is not any Climate Change Occurring at All.

dsc.discovery.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Manjushri Bodhisattva]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Manjushri Bodhisattva

Wow!

Thanks!

Now if we can just figure out how to stop that with our political-economic systems :-)

Obviously I'm kidding. But to your point, people need to be prepared. They need to understand that regardless of what they believe is causing the issue... its a train on a collision course with life as we know it today.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well you see back then they didn't have a method to equally distribute the CO2 around the planet, that caused the earth to become heavier on one side thus causing the wobble.

Today the Government has discovered that it can balance the planet out and stop the wobble if you send enough money to your government. The government facilities have been strategically placed around the globe to help equilibrate the planet and offset the CO2.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Doom and Gloom]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

I thought they used all the dollar bills to 'patch' the holes in the polar regions, so it would be sealed up..

But I soon learned they are Lying, omg, they are scamming people for money, with Al Gore as Lead Liar .. !!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

I thought they used all the dollar bills to 'patch' the holes in the polar regions, so it would be sealed up..

But I soon learned they are Lying, omg, they are scamming people for money, with Al Gore as Lead Liar .. !!

LOL. Well, Global Warming is real enough. But the PTB seem more like they want to Terraform (or is that Terror-Form) the Planet into a more Habitable Place for Dinosaurs, Reptiles, and Dracos... You know the Cold Blooded Bastards that they are. And I say that from a Space of Love and Understanding, FTR.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I should Say Man Made Global Warming is real enough. As well as Natural Warming Cycles of the Planet.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Manjushri Bodhisattva]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Where are our resident debunkers that come copying and pasting alternatives from various websites to dispute this?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here is a thread I started quite a while ago, it got virtually no responses, and probably because it was based on a hit I had rather than hard cold scientific fact.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am feeling validated by your thread Op thank you very much.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by antar]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I should Say Man Made Global Warming is real enough. As well as Natural Warming Cycles of the Planet.

Yes but the sun and the earth/sun cycles trumps any measly man made global warming especially since we have reached the energy saturation level for CO2. In other words if there is no more energy to absorb then a rise in CO2 doesn't matter diddly and thats pretty much where we are. Of course Al Gore isn't going to bother telling you that.

Rats can't find my link to the log function CO2/energy graph.

However this is a news bite that should be of interest. Scared my socks off.

“The average pressure of the solar wind has dropped more than 20% since the mid-1990s … the speed of the million mph solar wind hasn't decreased much—only 3%.

The change in pressure comes mainly from reductions in temperature and density. The solar wind is 13% cooler and 20% less dense. The solar wind isn't inflating the heliosphere as much as it used to … That means less shielding against cosmic rays.

Ulysses also finds that the sun's underlying magnetic field has weakened by more than 30% since the mid-1990s”...The magnetic pole in Northern Canada has been weakening as it shifts across the Arctic to Siberia.....The overall intensity of the magnetic field has decreased... “Measurements have been made of the Earth's magnetic field more or less continuously since about 1840. If we look at the trend in the strength of the magnetic field over this time (for example the so-called 'dipole moment' shown in the graph below) we can see a downward trend. ... We also know from studies of the magnetisation of minerals in ancient clay pots that the Earth's magnetic field was approximately twice as strong in Roman times as it is now.” The Earth’s magnetic field “acts as a shield against the bombardment of particles continuously streaming from the sun. Because the solar particles (ions and electrons) are electrically charged, they feel magnetic forces and most are deflected by our planet's magnetic field. However, our magnetic field is a leaky shield and the number of particles breaching this shield depends on the orientation of the sun’s magnetic field. … Twenty times more solar particles cross the Earth’s leaky magnetic shield when the sun’s magnetic field is aligned with that of the Earth compared to when the two magnetic fields are oppositely directed” Source

There is some research going on concerning Cosmic Rays, clouds and climate CosmicRays.org

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
People generally see everything that exists in relation to ourselves - humans. The fact is, we are an insignificant anomaly in the grand scheme of things.

The cosmos creates, destroys and keeps on changing - no matter what we do or don't do.

Neverthless, I don't poo on my living room floor. So while I am here, in this place and time, I am going to do everything I can to maintain the air clean, the water clear, and the temperature bearable.

If there is even the slightest chance that polution is altering the quality of my existence here, I am going to do everything within my power to stop it.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
If there is even the slightest chance that polution is altering the quality of my existence here, I am going to do everything within my power to stop it.

The key words there are "within my power to stop."

Cause and effect.

Starving or doing without so Al Gore and others can "trade carbon" will have no effect except upon you and your family.

Man cannot change global weather. He cannot change global climate.

He can significantly affect his immediate environment. Thus, local site remediation, recycling, and alternative power serve to repair locallized damage and conserve resources.

Man cannot add or remove enough atmospheric CO2 to have a significant effect on climate, locally or globally.

Simple, really.

Deny ignorance!

jw

[edit on 14-8-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The big picture is made up of all the little pieces. If each of us took care of our little piece then that surely would have an effect on the whole as well.

Like the huge beach being made up of individual grains of sand that each got deposited there individually.

I don't think it helps to denigrate individual actions.
The carbon tax debate is just one aspect of the larger picture. There is lots that is unquestionably good that can and aught to be done.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So then, according to this study, Al Gore's hot air didn't cause global warming?
I was absolutely certain that he was the cause of global warming. I guess he can buy a few more private jets. and put out even more CO2 now.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
So then, according to this study, Al Gore's hot air didn't cause global warming?
I was absolutely certain that he was the cause of global warming. I guess he can buy a few more private jets. and put out even more CO2 now.

He can buy more beach front property...or he could just flip what he bought up once people figure out he's full of crap.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Yea , Maybe but at least its less pollution I have to breath. Wether or not you believe in global warming is man made or not. We are polluting beyond belief and that is beyond doubt as well as the effects pollution have on humans and our health.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiftTrio

Yea , Maybe but at least its less pollution I have to breath. Wether or not you believe in global warming is man made or not. We are polluting beyond belief and that is beyond doubt as well as the effects pollution have on humans and our health.

I never said that I was for pollution, or against efforts to stop it. In fact, I am for those efforts, so please don't play the bait and switch routine that Gore and his nutcakes use, in trying to convince people that CO2 is pollution. CO2 is exhaled by human beings, and other animals, and needed by plants for photosynthesis.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

CO2 is exhaled by human beings, and other animals, and needed by plants for photosynthesis.

Geologically we are in a CO2 starved time. If the CO2 drops too far it will kill all plant life. Al Gore and company want 280 PPM but do not tell you that plants stop growing at 220 PPM and die at 180 PPM. Since plants will lower the CO2 level in their immediate vicinity until more CO2 diffuses into the area green houses increase the CO2 levels to 1000PPM for optimum growth. Drop the CO2 level and you will stunt crops and slow growth. If we are headed into the cooling phase of a Gleissburg cycle THAT could cause crop failure and famine.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
When you cut down your rainforrests by million and millions of acres, then use that land to grow grass for cattle to be slaughtered, why ask why? It is self evident what the problem is, the thing is noone wants to give up their back yard burgers and fast food to save the planet.

People would order the last hamburger from Mcdonalds if it meant the extinction of our species.

You cant raise that much meat and not expect the feces to become a problem in every respect.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

You cant raise that much meat and not expect the feces to become a problem in every respect.

It seems you forgot about the herds of buffalo and elephants that have dwindled to near nothing and the fact that the USA has MORE forest today than it has had for a hundred years.

Do not go blaming raising meat animals. Grazing allows food to be grow in areas where crops would cause serious erosion or areas that will not support crop growing at all. Grazing also replenishes worn out soil. Growing crops for "Green Energy" is doing more harm than raising a nutrient dense food like meat protein.

Do your research before you regurgitate TPTB propaganda. They want the people farming rain forest areas DEAD!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join