It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schweeb Monorail - Transportation of the Future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Schweeb Monorail - Transportation of the Future?

www.huffingtonpost.com

The Schweeb, the world's only human powered monorail, is a futuristic attempt at eco-friendly transportation. These pedal powered pods resemble a recumbent bicycle but ride much more rapidly and require only fifty percent of the energy necessary to power a racing bicycle.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.shweeb.com
gas2.org

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I thought this was pretty cool! It would be really cool to see it used as inner-city transport. Would you Schweeb? I guess the cost of implementing a monorail would be a factor, but it could not be anymore than implementing an inner-city bus system or an underground subway system.

Looks like it would also be a great way to get exercise and get above all the local traffic. Hopefully it will come to the states soon, and maybe we can see a pilot program somewhere.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It's cool. Impractical in hot areas. Has issues with more people on the rail (slowest person becomes everyone's speed). The picture initially reminded me of people on those red-orange "batteries" in the matrix.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Scopeless

I dunno.....maybe in hot areas they could have some kind of fan system in it....guess it would get pretty hot in there. Guess if you ran into someone having problems on the rail you would be stuck up there! I guess there are some problems with it, but it's still pretty cool.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
First of all most americans would not fit in those pods
and if they did half of them probably would die of heart attacks. Then you would end up pushing a pod with a carcass in it to the next stop.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

Your avatar is creepy...LOL

I disagree with your assessment.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

Have you been to mid west? I was there for a while on business and I could not believe how many obese people there were. Another thing that struck me was it seemed like everyone smoked there, I live in Los Angeles and am not used to seeing that.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

There are obese people in just about every country that you go to, you can't just limit it to the US or a region of the US. Anyway, just a bit off topic here, but thanks for responding.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
No, american fatasses won't fit, or if they do, will exceed the weight limit. I can see maybe 10 people in this country using that. I'd use it, but then again i'm riding my bicycle from mexico to canda starting in a few days, everyone i know thinks i'm insane for WANTING to pedal my bike across the country.

Even the non-fatasses aren't going to pedal anywhere, people is dumb and lazy here in the good ol' united states of apathy. Install one somewhere without two legged lobotomized cattle for a population and it sounds like a good idea.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I can't see that catching on as public transport - cool idea though, it will make for a good ride at a park somewhere though -like the set up they had there.

But for public transport you would always by sitting in some random persons crack sweat... You would have to have some way of stopping the pervs sniffing the seat

new topics

top topics

join