It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Safety: Fear Grows for President as Hate Groups Thrive on Racial Backlash

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Obama's Safety: Fear Grows for President as Hate Groups Thrive on Racial Backlash

abcnews.go.com

The Secret Service is investigating a Maryland man who held a sign reading "Death to Obama" and "Death to Michelle and her two stupid kids" outside a town hall meeting this week. And in New Hampshire, another man stood across the street from a Presidential town hall with his gun on full display.

Los Angeles police officers apprehended a man Thursday after a standoff with him inside a red Volkswagen Bug car in Westwood, CA – the latest disturbing case even though officials said the man had mental problems.

"I don't think these are simply people who are mentally ill or off their ro
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Has it really come to this?

Have the haters won so soon?

Has the right wing propaganda worked?

We've been discussing for some time on ATS the threat of assasination, with some people taking it seriously, and others not.

Well, it seems that race hate groups are now thriving again thanks to the hysteria surrounding Obama and certain of his policies.

The right stir up hatred, and some of their more mindless supporters take that as an invitation to not only abuse but to go so far as to paint swastika's outside the offices of Obama supporters.

Of course those who stir things up know this will happen, even as they condemn such actions.

Things need to change and change quickly if America is to regain its reputation in the eyes of the international community.

Unfortunately, some opponents of Obama don't care about anything except getting back to the status quo, with their noses back in the trough.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The death to obama guy should be charged, that is quite inexcusable. However, having a gun outside a rally could easily be a statement towards carryinga gun no? Pertaining to that certain ammendment? And the third example is a guy who's mentally insane. The nazi symbols are a statement towards obama's, allegedly, fascist ways, potentially.
I think your thread title is a good example of sensationalism.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I don't get it. He's half black and half white so where is the racial angle?. Are the hispanics threatening him???

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Taking an isolated incident and using that to make a politically motivated allegation of there being some racist hate movement is wrong, just as wrong as any person who would threaten the president.

All death threats against the president should be investigated fully and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law period, regardless of what anyone or group thinks of the president, respect for the office and the PERSON in it IS the American way.

The more biased elements in the media want people to focus on isolated events and issues in order to propagate the false impression that those opposed to the president are a majority of racists, anti American members of hate groups... which do exist, but are an extreme minority among the vast number of people opposed to the president, congress and their overall agendas. It is worth noting that there was just as much hate and threats aimed at the former Bush administration.

The use of the words "racial backlash" in this report is very telling.

While among some extreme fringe groups this may be the case, the growing opposition among the people of this country is not a "racial backlash"

People are tired and angry, frustrated with a growing government and powers over the people and economy, massive deficit spending along with unpopular legislation which has raised even more opposition.

The problem is that some of these fringe hate groups want you to believe that there is a racial backlash as much as the biased media does, don't fall for it, don't play this game no matter what side of the issues you are on.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
1. Real patriots carry guns openly and without apology.

2. Real patriots do not give their government a free pass. They question EVERYTHING.

3. How childish is it to play the race card and how come it is only racist when blacks are offended? How come it is never racism when white people are on the receiving end of it?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Realistically, even if you are half and half, people still tend to associate him with being black. I don't know if it's right, but it's how it usually works.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by budskiUnfortunately, some opponents of Obama don't care about anything except getting back to the status quo, with their noses back in the trough.

"noses back in the trough" eff me the irony, you talkin about michelle's entourage

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is just looney trash to make innocent quiet people look bad.

If your a loon looking to do this do not, you have no idea what your playing with stupid people.

the press are just loons, for even publishing this.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Its not against the Law in many of the 50 states of the US to open carry a fire arm like the patriot did in that video. Understand that, I open carry and conceal carry on a regular basis.

A) Im aloud to by my state via License
B) Open Carry isnt illegal license or not
C) Conceal Carry legal only with license
D) 2nd Amen Right (its law)

Case closed on the NH debate

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

"I think your thread title is a good example of sensationalism."

As is the "news" link...

There are a bunch of crazies everywhere you go.

I have to wonder how they tie the guy, in LA, in the red VW Bug into any of this? THAT does not make any sense whatsoever to the subject matter of the article.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
This is just looney trash to make innocent quiet people look bad.

If your a loon looking to do this do not, you have no idea what your playing with stupid people.

the press are just loons, for even publishing this.

exactly, it is total deflection- could a nut assassinate the president, for sure, but the same applies to every president

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyrytyes
reply to post by heyo

"I think your thread title is a good example of sensationalism."

As is the "news" link...

There are a bunch of crazies everywhere you go.

I have to wonder how they tie the guy, in LA, in the red VW Bug into any of this? THAT does not make any sense whatsoever to the subject matter of the article.

was wondering that msyelf, there is nowhere in the story that explains any sort of connection- also the dude standing opposite a "presidential hall", I dont know the american terminology, but does that mean a hall that the president was in or just a hall which the president was not in, but happens to be called a "Presidential Hall"- if the latter, where is the story

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

More than likely the reference to the "presidential hall" is the hall in which the Town Hall meeting took place, regarding the health care bill before congress.
Not for certain, but my guess...without any elaboration in the "news" article link.

Any one else with a better understanding???

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

Ya I'm unaware of the connection.
My favourite part of the article is when they said the one guy was insane, only to have a spokesperson say "we don't think they're insane", to paraphrase. lol.
.....maybe just a slow day in the news so they stirred the race pot.
Cause i mean, with how horrible this guy is apparently doing, these examples are borderline pathetic.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Mark Potok, director of the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center, told ABC News "I think the president has, in effect, triggered fears amongst fairly large numbers of white people in this country that they are somehow losing their country, that the battle is lost. The nation that their Christian white forefathers created has somehow been taken from them."

source

Mark Potok, Wiki

www.splcenter.org...

www.splcenter.org...

Plenty more Mark Potok links if you want to know who he is.

To some he may an anti right wing mouthpiece, to others he is an example of fighting extremism.

Whichever point of view you take there is little doubt that his opinions are not only valid, but also respected and listened to.

There have been reports of increases in hate groups and hate crimes across the media for a while - maybe thiis guy is just trying to quantify it.

IF he's right, then it's better that he is heard, than not.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
OIh for cryin' out loud! This was ONE really stupid person but let's be sure to make a mountain out of a molehill. Typical of the MSM.

Guess they are just not smart enough to figure out that some people just hate what this moron is doing to the country and it doesn't have anything to do with his color.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by inthesticks]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Seems like it's only the Liberal media and left that keep on playing the race card. I haven't seen any protesters with signs saying anything about Obama being black, if someone can show me that, I'd like to see it. We're constantly being bombarded by cries "Rascist! Nazis! KKK!" but it's all from the left. My understanding is that people are against this bill cause it gives the gov't way too much power over individual life. Obama is the one sending out union thugs to try to incite violence with protesters and now wants to pay people to protest. How in the world can this nation ever get past rascism when it's the left that keeps playing the race card and hiding behind it?

As for Kostric being a "nut job" for carrying his gun, he was excersing his rights. I think he made a point on Hardball about when people are armed that a group is more orderly less prone to violence or words to that effect. I think this video really exemplifies it:

The brownshirt saw that Kostric was packing and moved on.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I like how so many people seem to have no idea about guns in New Hampshire or the residents who carry them. All the time. Everywhere.

The most out of place thing that day was all the Massholes they bussed in to funk up our state.

Guns on hips here are like those stupid Tron earpiece things in some urban cesspool.

That dude wasnt the only one but I am glad the media decided to single him out however brief his 15 minutes was. Against Matthews he showed anyone watching who the real psychopath was. I, being a more passionate individual, most certainly would not have been so calm and collected.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

To be fair that was only one example, and most of the opinion in the story comes from Mark Potok, which is why I posted a few links about him.

It states that quite clearly in the news piece.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join