It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "Close Encounters of the 4th Kind" Movie Trailer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

No, I was saying the opposite. I think you're right.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
it's not a documentary, nor does it claim to be- i think that much is clear.
but they do claim to be using archival footage - which sounds like it is documentary in nature.
as always it comes down to asking the right questions - the question isn't so much "is the movie real" but how real is the footage that it's based on?
are they actually going to use that footage in the movie?

also - don't know about you, but I was relieved to find out it wasn't a sequel.
why mess with a classic when there are newer more compelling stories to tell that might help illuminate the subject more than just another spielberg popcorn muncher. (and we saw what he did with crystal skull...)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by betweenmelansyd
found the same guy in that UVA ad in this link? How do you tell if it's fake or not? Is this site part of marketing to, can't tell which way is up?

archaeologyconspiracies.com...

I can clear up this part of the mystery.

archaeologyconspiracies.com...is an IGS (in-game site) for the Alternate Reality Game used to promote a children's book series of which I'm the author.

The story on UVA is heavily borrowed from an article on the “Ancient Sumerian Biologists: Did the Sumerians know about the genetic code?” which I totally made up. Fiction, designed to be enjoyed by players of the ARG and may I say, those who are playing at the deepest, most investigative level...

I've posted more details about this in my newbie intro post

But basically...you smelled a rat with this site and you were right!

Mind you the photo of the clay tablets is the UVA guy's. He borrowed our story to sell some Google Ads so hopefully we can have his little picture in exchange...

Incidentally there has been a disclaimer on that site, as we have on ALL our in-game sites, since it opened in March 2009...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
here's the poster for the movie:

interesting - no mention of abigail tyler or milla jovovich, but really pushing "actual case studies"

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I just saw this trailer at the movie theater today. It looks very good.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Here's a higher poster:
ramascreen.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
here is the Real story.
2nd line

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ahhh the wounderful world of yahoo answers

answers.yahoo.com...

"Milla Jovovich plays the part of psychotherapist Dr. Abigail Tyler, who is based on a real psychologist who videotapes interviews but who's name is not disclosed.

Do you understand what that means?

That means they are not telling, so you won't find out. At least not anytime soon. After the DVD release it may be told.

* 1 week ago
"

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I saw the trailer a few weeks ago and I got nothing out of it.
Not very effective of conveying the plot of the movie, just a bunch of people scamperring about.
Sure hope the movie is a lot better than the trailer.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
did anyone see one of the early screenings they did of this movie? my cousin went a few days ago but i had to work and couldn't go.i havent had a chance to catch up with him yet so i don't know what he thought of it. i was just wondering if anyone here had a chance to check it out yet?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This movie really bugs me. Not the context of the movie necessarily, but the "owl".

This image has disturbed me and I'm not sure why. It seems to be everywhere, on every site, on commercials, as it zooms in and flashes. I don't know why it's so dreadfully important to burn that image into people's minds, but it's quite strange.

I haven't spent much time researching the effects of complex images on a person's mind/psyche, but if there ever was a time to look into it.. Supposedly the victims see this "owl" before they get abducted, possessed, what have you, 3:33 etc.

Hasn't there been studies on trigger images directly influencing certain people, to some degree?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My passion is this dimension that underlies the world in wich we live in. I am so thankful for ATS and the participants in these subjects. I have just seen this movie....quite shocking...entertaining...If the archive film is not real...then it is definitely genius movie making....IF THIS IS GENUINE archived film..... the world has become more amazing..albeit frightening..but more interesting than most imaginations unleashed...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
heres something that i added on anther thread that i thought was interesting.
for anyone who uses imdb www.imdb.com its a website that has information on movies tv shows and specificly actors. When i was looking on the fourth kinds page. Theres no actor page links for the people in the "achive footage" also, it turns out that its the director whos interviewing the lady. not an actor using his name

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Well I've finally seen this movie just now, and I am very disappointed with it on numerous levels.

Somebody a few posts ago mentioned finding the owl very disturbing. You know what I found disturbing about that owl? I was disturbed that the filmmakers were too cheap to spring for some decent alien effects, and instead showed us the owl and nothing else.

What they've done is they've pulled a cheap trick on their audience. If you promote your film project as a UFO/alien movie and then you don't friggin' show us the UFOs and aliens, then you're guilty of false advertising.

That sort of thing made sense with the Mothman Prophecies movie, in which not showing us the monster was a legitimate directorial decision, made for legitimate storytelling reasons.

This piece of crud, however, ain't The Mothman Prophecies, and doesn't deserve to even be mentioned in the same breath as that film.

Based on a true story?

Yeah, right. Maybe that might be true in the most vague sense possible, but if there's really a Dr. Tyler somewhere whose daughter was taken by aliens, I'll eat my hat.

Actual, archival footage?

Please. You'd have to be a real chump to believe any of that "archival footage" was real. First of all, if it was real, the interviews with "Dr. Tyler" wouldn't have that funky, artsy, digitally washed out color effect, 'cause real people videotaping real interviews for archival purposes don't generally use artsy lenses and filters.

Secondly, the scene allegedly showing us footage from a police car's dashboard cam outside Tyler's house? Come on! First of all, police dash board cams either don't have audio, or they can't pick up audio outside the vehicle. Secondly, in the audio we do hear, if that's an actual recording of the cop radioing to his dispatcher, why don't we hear a police dispatcher or other cops responding over the radio?

The Fourth Kind was just a complete load of BS, offering no new information and no new concepts or ideas. Ninety eight minutes of Milla Whatsername and various other actors and actresses crying and freaking out does not equal compelling drama or a decent thriller.

Forgive me if it seems like I'm resurrecting a zombie thread, but it appears this film has just recently come out on DVD, so maybe this is topical again. If nothing else, hopefully my words will save somebody from wasting money on renting or owning the DVD.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
To DimensionalDetective .....

Yes , I agree with you there . Bad Abduction experiences seem to be the norm nowadays in Hollywood Films along with the over use of " Poetic License " when telling a Story based on Non Fictional Sources . Case in point , the Film Fire In the Sky . Specifically the scenes in that film where it portraits Walton being dragged by that Nasty Looking Alien down a hallway after a very tramatic examination , and then being put in a cocoon like compartment for storage . Did that actually take place in Walton's own words ? I don't think so .....

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
All these days later, and I'm still thinking about what a bad film this was! It was insultingly bad!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

it was a very bad movie. not even scary.

they should make a real doc aboout this stuff with all the resoucres they have available. i bet you could make a movie ten times better just by taking real actors out of it.

shame on you hollywood you can do better

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
ive got to resurrect this im sorry. i really dont care for these types of movies and i dont pay attention to when they come out, but i just had a dude try to tell me about this movie and Sumerian gods and whatnot. so i watch it because he says it has real archival footage. the one thing that screamed fake to me is that they speak Sumerian. thats a joke seriously. no one knows how Sumerian is spoken. all we have are symbol tablets. this article sums up everything and even gives links

again i apologize for doing this, but i have never seen someone with their head so far up it, and so convinced of something fake that they couldnt even reason with me.
edit on 13-3-2011 by amxmachine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by amxmachine
the one thing that screamed fake to me is that they speak Sumerian. thats a joke seriously. no one knows how Sumerian is spoken.

Are you serious? I know people fluent in Sumerian. It sounds similar to Armenian.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The "4th Kind" trailer was better than the whole film. It was a good premise but the Sumerian nonsense at the end just killed it IMO.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join