It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "Close Encounters of the 4th Kind" Movie Trailer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
right.. cuz the FBI always tells the truth to the reporters.

so where are all the bodies? these cases have been on going since 1960s I guess Nome just has a ton of drunk people dying and disappearing with no bodies to be found cuz they all fell into the river?

seems so inconclusive..

just wanted to add my 2 cents after watching the trailer and doing some research..

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
[edit on 26-8-2009 by Reevster]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
So this town in Alaska, Nome I think they said......Have any of the missing people been found?..., what's the population there?...I wonder if any of this story has been covered on Coast2Coast?....Does anyone know the number of cases of missing reported each year as opposed to any town equivilant in size to Nome in the lower 48? Trailer looks great, can't wait until the movie!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theprofessionalnyc

I'm going to disagree with the OP.
While I do think films can be and have been a tool of the 'Illuminati," this flick would only more convince someone of alien abductions... as they make it quite clear it is based on real events and even use actual footage...

Think the Exorcism of Emily Rose... that film was also based on a true story and people were convinced exorcisms were real afterwards.

I dunno, I think that films can also be used to shed light on subjects, thats what a smart writer/director would do... thats why I got into the animation field. I hope to make flicks thats make people think, while being completely entertained by science fiction.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Found Nome AK, on Mapquest. It sits just south of Perkinsville, AK and on the northern coast of the Norton Sound. Bet it's CCCCOOOOLLLDDD up there. I'd have to say that it's definately a tiny town. Pop. 9,261 as of 2008. More info on Nome.....I knew that name sounded familiar

familiaren.wikipedia.org...[/url]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It seems some people have gotten very emotional over this thread. Others are baring their fangs. You can only imagine what might stir this sort of reaction on either side. never the less whatever the reason. I think it is a safe bet that it will be watched by many including those with claws out over this.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Looking at the trailer again, and reading through this thread, it does appear the movie is perhaps trying to pass itself as a documentary like the infamous "Blair Witch Project". A lot of fictional movies do this to some extent or another, but I do find it troubling that the movie is referring to a town which has a large number of unsolved disappearances of native men. To my knowledge, noone has shown a connection between these missing persons cases and alien abductions.

I know that in Canada the topic of missing persons, particularly missing persons of native background is a sensitive issue. Here in Vancouver there were dozens of prostitutes who were going missing for years - many were of native ancestry. There was a prolonged public campaign for the police to conduct a serious investigation. It ultimately lead to the discovery of many bone fragments and other DNA evidence in a suburban pig farm and a man was charged and found guilty of a large number of the murders. (I'll spare the readers the grisly graphic details)

There are other locations where a long series of unsolved disappearances have occured. Recently an investigation was opened into a string of similar unsolved disappearances in Winnipeg, Manitoba. And just a few days ago, the RCMP moved a forsenics lab up to a property near Prince George in northern BC which is also an area which has experienced a string of unsolved disappearances (The Highway of Tears).

So I hope this is not a movie which is exploiting real unsolved disappearances in a crass way to publicize a Sci-Fi horror movie that has little or nothing to do with the actual town of Nome and its troubles.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by bluestreak53]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It's how it works. When the UFO subject is popular in the public and in the news media they get nervous and sweat. Then all these goofy alien movies come out to contain the truth behind it all. Make us seem like nuts. I will never be ashamed to state that I believe "some" UFOs are of ET origin. Neither should you.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
im not sure how i feel about the clip when the guy raises out of his bed during hypnosis. that sort of tosses in way too much paranormal behavior and detracts it from seeming authentic within the world of the film itself.

but it looks fantastic. of course our ufo buffs know that close encounters of the fifth kind are communication based encounters. that would be a great movie to watch too.

either way this movie is the only real adaptation to the abduction phenomenon made in a LONG time. usually its sci fi action like district 9 (which was a good movie) or mildly extreme like the movie signs with invasion etc.

this flick seems to be the most...and i use this term loosely here....acurate portrayal of the phenomenon right now.

p.s. we all know that the day the earth stood still was a piece of crap movie.

[edit on 8/31/2009 by LordThumbs]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
So I hope this is not a movie which is exploiting real unsolved disappearances in a crass way to publicize a Sci-Fi horror movie that has little or nothing to do with the actual town of Nome and its troubles.
[edit on 28-8-2009 by bluestreak53]

Looks like that's exactly what this is. Here's a good article from the Anchorage Daily News regarding the film.

Movie blames Nome disappearances on aliens

-S

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Great Link snoober, Thx
Everyone should read the little article in the previous post

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I just checked the movie's website and one of the links referring to websites (about conspiracies) is ATS

probably the doctor's name isnt real if they blurred her face why tell her name?

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Danna]

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Danna]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
untill we get to see more of the reported archival footage the movie is based on, it's kind of hard to make the call, isn't it?

people in that article are also complaining that the movie takes place in nome, but clearly isn't nome.
duh.

all films take some liberties.

that doesn't mean that the events depicted in the film didn't actually take place.

we know they didn't happen to mila jovovich - but we don't know what really happened to the woman they're interviewing in the trailer.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
nome alaska... Isnt that the place thats got that dog movie. Balto?
i loved that movie so much as a kid ^_^

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Fun stuff but why tell the truth about Walton, the only man knocked out
by a landing saucer as his friends ran off in fright and returned two
weeks later from the Illuminati base hospital, when lies about aliens fits
the Illuminati agenda much better and makes money for more lies to be
propagated.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiLmtown
untill we get to see more of the reported archival footage the movie is based on, it's kind of hard to make the call, isn't it?

people in that article are also complaining that the movie takes place in nome, but clearly isn't nome.
duh.

all films take some liberties.

that doesn't mean that the events depicted in the film didn't actually take place.

we know they didn't happen to mila jovovich - but we don't know what really happened to the woman they're interviewing in the trailer.

Really. How naive do you think we are?
The promoters of the movie have been caught already with the fact that the psychologist does not exist or has never been in Alaska.
They made a fake website for the fake psychologist.
None of the disappearances in Nome have been linked to "alien abduction".

By all means go and see the movie and prove that the public are suckers who love to be swindled by corporations who have no principles.

Everyone out there is acknowledging that this movie is another "Blair Witch Project". Just like the Blair Witch Project, there was abundant indications that the "documentary" was phony before the movie came out. But there were enough gullible sheeple (Oh, I mean people), who just wanted to believe the pre-release hype that they went to see the production - which for many was a disappointment as it was such a lame amateurish film.

"The following movie is very disturbing" because it proves that corporations won't hesitate to lie to us to con us into purchasing their products. And the worst part is that they will get away with their hoax.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by bluestreak53]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Why are you judging like that MOVIES? It's art, not law. They don't help anyone with their movies, they don't build houses or roads, or manage the health care or education.

It's just a movie, people need to look at it that way.

If they say "based on real events", well, it's normal people start debating that and search for the cases and things like that.

It's actually "healthy" that people try to find the truth about things like this, wether they choose the right path or version, or not.

Damn, even this forum is quoted and I didn't see any thread about this movie in here prior to its announcement.

[edit on 10/9/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi

Why are you judging like that MOVIES? It's art, not law. They don't help anyone with their movies, they don't build houses or roads, or manage the health care or education.

It's just a movie, people need to look at it that way.

If they say "based on real events", well, it's normal people start debating that and search for the cases and things like that.

It's actually "healthy" that people try to find the truth about things like this, wether they choose the right path or version, or not.

Damn, even this forum is quoted and I didn't see any thread about this movie in here prior to its announcement.

[edit on 10/9/09 by Tifozi]

They are lying and they should be charged for fraud.
They don't give a damn about the truth, otherwise they wouldn't make up stories to promote their lame assed movie.

They have chosen the "wrong" path. The path of lying and deception, not the path of those who seek the truth.

You are trying to justify a scam, which is no different from those who promote UFO and abduction frauds as truth.

From what you are saying, you don't care if people lie to defraud the public.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by bluestreak53]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I would have preferred an actual sequel to Close encounters. This does nothing for me.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

IT'S JUST A MOVIE!!!

If people are idiotic to the point that they need Hollywood to tell them whats true or not, aliens are the least of our problems.

...it's Hollywood. How could you have Sci-fi without lying? What, you think that Star Trek, Star Wars, and all the other movies are based on true facts?

It's a market, and everyone with two fingers of head can tell that is just marketing, selling the product.

Your position reminds me the people that protested agains the movie "The passion of Christ".

People take Hollywood way to seriously.

edit for content:

Btw, District 9 had an elaborated network of websites and articles that brought some feeling of realism to the viewer.

The Cloverfield movie went much further and actuall actors responded to viewers on MySpace pages and blogs, and you could actually visit the sites of some of the companies on the movie that made the plot.

...but I don't see people judgind those two. Maybe because they know that no giant monster attacked New York, or that a region has aliens living there.

The movies aren't just something that you sit and watch. People demand for more, and now you can create a whole experience around it. Just enjoy it instead of screaming "DEVIL!".

[edit on 11/9/09 by Tifozi]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join