It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "Close Encounters of the 4th Kind" Movie Trailer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Yeah, nice find. Hate to burst your bubble though.

Yeah, I know
Starred you for that. Should have checked it myself.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot

Originally posted by amongus
Yeah, nice find. Hate to burst your bubble though.

Yeah, I know
Starred you for that. Should have checked it myself.

Haha! Crazy. Now we have people marketing the movie through bogus websites on ATS! How far this site has come. . .

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Dunno why it's even necessary, the movie looks interesting enough on it's own. Ah well, if they want to throw money away

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I just joined on here - but this is something can definitely post back to where people are posting the links. In Oz - is anyone else our here near Melbourne, Richmond area. Hard to know what's real or fake this way?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Just a couple points:

1. The posters who are decrying the preponderance of "evil" alien movies apparently haven't seen District 9 yet. I don't see what difference it makes anyway since it's all about entertainment. And it may be fun to speculate that the government is somehow involved (disclosure, desensitization, etc.), but for sure Hollywood's motivation is indisputable--they just want to make bunches and bunches of money, and they don't care how.

2. The posters debating whether the movie is actually based on real events or not are again missing the point--entertainment. But aside from that, "based" on real events or "based" on a true story need mean nothing more (to Hollywood) than that a story was loosely built around an alleged event interpreted by someone in a way to draw audiences. For example, The Amityville Horror was "based on a true story," but George Lutz, whose family was portrayed in the movie, called it a "fictional movie about Amityville." If you put any stock in the validity of a movie claiming to be "based on a true story," you're either very young or gullible. Hollywood has been using this marketing ploy forever, so to argue one way or the other about the movie's credibility or accuracy is pointless. It just doesn't mean a heck of a lot when they use that "true" tagline.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
found the same guy in that UVA ad in this link? How do you tell if it's fake or not? Is this site part of marketing to, can't tell which way is up?

archaeologyconspiracies.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious
"The Blair Witch Project" used the exact same tactic and earned loads of money.

No it didn't. All kinds of people jumped to the conclusion that there was some documentary truth to the film (even after seeing it!!) simply because the producers marketed it to appear like a documentary. They didn't say it was a true story, nor based on a true story, nothing of the kind. That was the beauty of it. They simply let the public's imagination fill in the fictional blank. The same was also true of the movie itself, which never did show a witch, monster, or anything completely unexplainable. Brilliant movie, brilliant marketing.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
They didn't say it was a true story, nor based on a true story, nothing of the kind.

The Blair Witch Project was shown at the 1999 Sundance Film Festival, and released by Artisan on 30 July 1999 after months of publicity, including a ground-breaking campaign by the studio to use the Internet and suggest that the film was a real event.

Forgive the wikipedia source but I couldn't be bothered to look further, because I know this is indeed what they did. It was absolutely marketed as being real, and then later, based on a real legend. Both were false.

This is also interesting:

Many of the townspeople interviewed in the film were not actors, and some claimed to have heard about the Blair Witch, though the story is fictitious.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Clickfoot]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

They didn't say it was a true story, nor based on a true story, nothing of the kind.

The Blair Witch Project was shown at the 1999 Sundance Film Festival, and released by Artisan on 30 July 1999 after months of publicity, including a ground-breaking campaign by the studio to use the Internet and suggest that the film was a real event.

It was absolutely marketed as being real, and then later, based on a real legend. Both were false.

You just proved nothing: "'suggest' that the film was a real event." You just fell in the hole I just got done describing. They "suggested" it, you filled in the blank. Their marketing "suggested" it was a documentary and they filmed it as if it the actors were doing the filming (90% of it they actually were!). Why would they say it was true when it would be so obviously simple to prove they were lying? That's why they didn't, and they didn't need to.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Dude, they flat out did. Every single trailer I saw said it was 'based on real events', every single TV show that mentioned the movie right before it came out said the same thing.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Dude, they flat out did. Every single trailer I saw said it was 'based on real events', every single TV show that mentioned the movie right before it came out said the same thing.

Every single trailer? they said "Based on real events"? Are you sure? Can you give me a link? Because none of the trailers I've seen support your assertion. Here's two trailers:

www.youtube.com...

and here's the teaser: www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Clickfoot

If these were based on true events, then we should be able to find records of Milla Jovovich's character, Abbey. Since Abbey is supposedly a certified psychologist, then documents of her education should be available publicly. So far, my search came up with nothing.

Plus, you'd think after all these years there would be some internet articles about Nome, Alaska, that hint such events portrayed in the movie. So far nothing.

Hell, if there is a Nome, Alaska, resident who posts on ATS, please post here. Give us your $0.02.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by guppy
If these were based on true events

Well, they are based on true events, somebody already found info about missing people. How much of the rest of it is true would require more research. The rest could be complete fiction.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Every single trailer? they said "Based on real events"?

Maybe not the trailers you saw, but I've travelled a lot and was probably in a different country at the time. But yes, they did say that.

Also, it entirely depends on what you think 'suggested' means. The many websites that popped up were certainly written as if they were factual, about the legends, etc. There was no suggestion, they flat out said it was true. How you can say otherwise I'm not really sure.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What they need to do is try to bring down the shock level of other worlds involved in our own, and just make them as familiar as possible, the transition will be easier that way, the sooner we as a hue-man species can concur with our inner selves the quicker or more respondent will we be able to understand beings that are in the physical flesh capable of doing what we do out of our bodies. Going through walls, jumping planes of existance.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by theprofessionalnyc
The Illuminati are smart. Approaching Movie producers with as much money as it takes to convince them to "eat" the scripts that they "feed" them...now I've seen it all...they are making movies so that if you mention the word "Aliens" in public as real, people think you are psycho and a "movie freak" that is "dis-illusioned" and "dis-connected" with reality...they are geniuses on the highest level, dis-information by covering the reality of Aliens by making the whole truth seem like fiction...

Close Encounters of the Fourth Kind

[edit on 14-8-2009 by theprofessionalnyc]

Exactly, and now they go after the Sumarians, I just hope the get the Anunnakis into this.. What is an ufo movie with ancient sumer 'hints' without anunnaki ffs !

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

From just that 2 min trailer, it would seem like an honest attempt to approach the subject of abductions, using sci-fi cinema as the vehicle. Of course, you really can't gauge a flick by a trailer.

If by 'honest', you mean, completely discounting any positive ET encounters ever experienced by humans, then I agree with you.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by guppy

This has been happening up there since the late 50's.
mytwobeadsworth.com...

And on the Kamchatka Penninsula.
When I was up there I was told that a wealthy person was a serial killer and that he would kidnap people, kill them, and cut the bodies into peices, then fly his plane in remote areas and dump the body parts out.
Just a rumour but something must be going on up there.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaun1111

That is correct , fear sells and the Zeta's do not care for this . If we find out they leveled hollywood before the release then it looks like there wont be a problem anymore. Well , i mean they should boycott this movie, i will.

the owl has come up in a recent crop circle , that cause the Zeta are making the circles , the real ones

they dont want you people scared , they're tired of that . come on wake up ,their part of nature , cosmic nature ---is all.

and our progenitors . we have problems since we have some ape dna in us. thus no one is perfect

t

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Don't think its really aliens.....

Drunk Alaskans

If the FBI say so then that's what it is..........right?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join