It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "Close Encounters of the 4th Kind" Movie Trailer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

I have to totally disagree with you not out of the norm comment, in the second link I posted, the Native Elders or committee or whoever runs the Native relations and day to day lives of it's people, have covered the wandering off, the drunken accidents, the thuggish related incidents and the "normal" every day occurrences that happen in towns all over the region, and they very much say there is an anomaly, that many people in such a small town is above average in a major city never mind a place like Nome.

The FBI have not ruled out a serial killer, but they seem to be leaning away from it, the numbers listed in the link point towards being the numbers after the normal every day stuff has been taken into account.

Those where just two links of many, there seems to have been an attempt for many years to get this story out to the World, but for some reason it has never gotten far, until now anyhow, and with this Film my guess is the talk of this town is going to be everywhere soon.

Which is exactly what the people there need IMO, so many places like this just get ignored.

Oh and sorry for the mix up with the details of the reward poster you are right, my bad, changes nothing though.

I found the arrest of the Police officer very interesting, apparently the police where taking drunks out into the tundra and making them walk back to get it out of their system, that's bad.

But no sorry, this is nothing approaching Normal IMO.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theprofessionalnyc
The Illuminati are smart. Approaching Movie producers with as much money as it takes to convince them to "eat" the scripts that they "feed" them

Dude seriously, you need to wrap another layer of foil around your head. you gotta go two ply!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
No offense guys... but why can't you just take this as a form of entertainment?

Not every tiny detail of life and the media has to be a secret government conspiracy.

Were 'Knowing', 'The Day The Earth Stood Still', The Happening', 'District 9' etc all trying to brainwash the public too? Because they all tell a different spin in the same fear.

The fear of the unknown is one of the only fears that the vast majority of humans are capable of feeling. Couple it with modern day special effects and surround sound and you have a surefire way of scaring people into spending their hard earned cash.

On topic: I think I'll see this movie. There haven't been many well made abduction films since Fire in the Sky and Taken.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
I have to totally disagree with you not out of the norm comment...

My comment was about police asking for information. That is not out of the norm.

Originally posted by azzllin
But no sorry, this is nothing approaching Normal IMO.

How could you know that? The article states they cannot even tell us why the 20 missing person cases are suspicious because they don't have access to the files. Neither Kawerak nor the FBI has been forthcoming (at the date of publication) about the details. Even they are not sure. There may not be any single cause, but a combination of very ordinary and very tragic human circumstances.

Though, I will admit, some aspects of these missing persons reports do share similarities with the rumored Smiley Face Killer.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
There is nothing at all about a Dr. Abigail Tyler on Google that isn't related to this movie. It sounds like it's all fiction.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

What I was trying to say was, so many people in such a small area, can by no means be accepted as normal, not even close, I wasn't trying to get into a debate about it, I was simply stating the fact, that if this was on the mainland (yes I know Alaska is part of the mainland ) or in the lower states, people would be all over this like a rash.

For such a small area with such a small population, this is unlikely to be all natural accidents, whether the Movie is correct or not, and I do have a lot more research to do because this has now peaked my interest, I am interested in places of similar size in other countries similar places with the same kind of terrain, population size etc, I want to see if numbers of similar incidents are anywhere near this amount over this period of time, if it is not a serial killer, then it becomes a mystery more than it is now, and I love a good mystery.

It's just lifted my interest a lot, these people are screaming for help, yet it seems to be in very short supply, don't you agree? if it was in my area, I would want to get to the bottom of it, maybe it's just a man eating bear who knows, there is a report on the news page link about a man who survived a bear attack just because he heard a twig snap, clues to there being a lot of bears in the area.

But there is no way I could Imagine so many people going missing in such a way without any evidence, there has to be a reason and I would like to know why, otherwise if these folk don't get help, then they don't have much to look forward too, they know this area, and even they say it is not normal, something sinister is happening, and only to the Native population.

I want to research the Doctor in the Film also, and what she was looking into, that's if she even existed, as I said I don't and am not looking for a debate, was stating an opinion, cant be ever swayed any other way, so lets just leave it there huh? I made a mistake not the first wont be the last and nobody is hurt, but it is still an opinion and information I found to which others may well be interested in, even if you are not.
Have a nice one.

Now I feel like the poor OP has had his thread hijacked for which I apologise to them.

Thank you for bringing this Film and story to my attention

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hmm. The title is kinda misleading. When i read that i thought it was like a sequel to the Spielberg film or something. This movie is actually called "The Forth Kind" no mention of close encounters of the anything. Looks like it could be good though. I'll be checking it out. Love Milla too

[edit on 8/14/2009 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt.Trakker
Hmm. The title is kinda misleading. When i read that i thought it was like a sequel to the Spielberg film or something.

Yeah, I didn't bother looking at it until now, because of that. Much like the text there says, "let's hope they never do that"

It's interesting...

Originally posted by Riposte
It sounds like it's all fiction.

Well obviously it isn't given the info already posted here. Thanks to the poster who found that stuff, by the way

It states that it contains real footage from real investigations. I'd like to know if that part is true. The name of the doctor may have been changed, or she may be the fictional part.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

I seriously did not expect people to jump the "this movie is true" wagon and beginning to search for real clues. This is all pure functional and one of the oldest tricks in movie advertising. "The Blair Witch Project" used the exact same tactic and earned loads of money.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious
reply to post by Riposte

I seriously did not expect people to jump the "this movie is true" wagon and beginning to search for real clues. This is all pure functional and one of the oldest tricks in movie advertising. "The Blair Witch Project" used the exact same tactic and earned loads of money.

Maybe you should read the thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by primetime2123
that guy who was on the couch undergoing hynosis in the trailer is a bad actor..that was really terrible acting...

The twist with this film is that it uses actual footage with the film. The bad actor on the couch wasn’t an actor at all, he was the real guy who was having these ‘episodes’. Also, the owl is what Whitley Strieber references in Communion as “screen memories”. Quite common in abduction accounts under hypnosis. I like the idea of the film intertwining real footage with the recreation in the movie. That’s a neat idea. By the way, I was District 9 last night, wasn’t at all as good as it could have been. The film short was more compelling.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is very similar to Fire in the Sky. Nothing new here but it does appear that it would be entertaining.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by theprofessionalnyc

The movie does not look like the friendly extraterrestrial movie that Steven Spielberg made. This looks like more of the usual PG-13 thriller that is aimed at teenagers nowadays. The actress in the beginning is also alluding to "The Blair Witch Project" by stating it is based on fact.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Has anyone found any "credible" information on this so called doctor or any patient cases anywhere?

I would be interested in seeing some kind of documentation, surely someone has done some kind of case study on this if its as real as people are making this out to be?

Something does feel awfully "Blair Witch" watching the preview!
(Remembers when people swore this movie to be real and factual)

Ah what fun would it all be with out the Suckers of the world lol

I must say it has peaked my interest a little!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by theprofessionalnyc

I found this thread on here - has anyone found any information on this? Someone posted this link on YouTube? i'm kinda obsessed with it since my Mom's from Anchorage and she always mentioned weird stories in the outer cities of alaska.

here's the link - it has the same name as the Dr. in the film:

alaskapsychiatryjournal.org...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by guppy

just found more links that might relate to the film posted on alienhub

www.alaskanewsrecords.org... same date as in film trailer evidence

www.uvaarchaeology.info... - sumerian stuff that says found something in nome

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by betweenmelansyd
reply to post by guppy

just found more links that might relate to the film posted on alienhub

www.alaskanewsrecords.org... same date as in film trailer evidence

www.uvaarchaeology.info... - sumerian stuff that says found something in nome

A quick website registration lookup revealed the following about the uwaarchaeology.info website:

Domain ID
29367124-LRMS
Domain Name:UVAARCHAEOLOGY.INFO
Created On:13-Aug-2009 21:19:04 UTC
Last Updated On:13-Aug-2009 21:19:07 UTC
Expiration Date:13-Aug-2010 21:19:04 UTC

Created on August 13th? If you go straight to the website it automatically loads the sumerian clay tablet page.

This is totally a bogus website, run by the movie company to try to build hype for the movie. No doubt the premise if it being "actual events" is bogus as well. Blair Witch indeed. . .

Edit to add: The same research into the first link alaskanewsrecords.org reveals the same, familiar info:

Domain ID
156858242-LROR
Domain Name:ALASKANEWSRECORDS.ORG
Created On:12-Aug-2009 03:37:05 UTC
Last Updated On:12-Aug-2009 03:37:08 UTC
Expiration Date:12-Aug-2010 03:37:05 UTC

WTF? Nice try. . . lol

[edit on 21-8-2009 by amongus]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
[ edit ] never mind

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Clickfoot]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot
[ edit ] never mind

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Clickfoot]

Yeah, nice find. Hate to burst your bubble though. It was created on the same day, by the same people of the above post's bogus websites. Its all a viral marketing ploy. The websites are all fake!

Domain ID
156872531-LROR
Domain Name:ALASKAPSYCHIATRYJOURNAL.ORG
Created On:13-Aug-2009 21:13:03 UTC
Last Updated On:13-Aug-2009 21:13:05 UTC
Expiration Date:13-Aug-2010 21:13:03 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)

If you just type in alaskapsychiatryjournal.org... without the suffix at the end, look what comes up. FAKE! Blair Witch. .

Unless I'm missing something. .

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
AND I think we have a guy that works in marketing for the movie posting bogus information as well.

betweenmelansyd. . .became a member on Aug 11th. His only two posts came in this thread, and posted ALL THREE of the bogus websites.

Where do we go from here??

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join