It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I know what my ET contacts look like now

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yes, it’s disappointing, but more importantly frustrating that I won’t get an answer, or even be able to engage him in discussion. It could have become interesting…

Perhaps there was some “behind the scenes” communication between SoulOrb and the moderators? I can’t imagine how or why there would be, but until – or even if – we find out, then all we can do is speculate and carry on as normal.

If the OP was annoyed to such an extent that he was willing to leave ATS because of his thread being posted into Skunkworks, then that tells us two things about him: he is easily annoyed (which was evident from his run-ins with other skeptics), and he is also passionate about his subject matter. One is admirable and the other naïve. I leave it to you to decide which way round those observations applies.

I agree with you totally with regard to the moderators on ATS. They are not a police force, but rather members who have shown a proclivity for intelligent discussion balanced with reason and an attention to detail and regulation. I don’t know anything about the briefing they receive when asked to take up the responsibility of regulating the world’s biggest conspiracy website, but I’m pretty sure it does not dictate that they leave their own convictions or opinions at the door when entering.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

No doubt SoulOrb has read Beamish's post, no one just throws his toys out of the pram and walks away never to return, without making sure that he has been missed first.

It may be wrong to say hopefully you are right, but only time will tell.

SoulOrb cut-and-pasted the same “I’m outta here” post on other active threads too, so it seems as if he meant business.

<< 1  2   >>

join