It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me, or are we just a thought in space/time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Who are we?

Why are we here?

What is god? What makes you, you, and me... me?

Who are we all?

Are we just here to be here, or are we here for a purpose? (although that purpose does not show itself)

What Happens after we die?

What happens when we sleep? (dream)

Why do we experience the things we experience?

Lots of general questions, but what IS our main purpose in this existence?

I have a few ideas on what we are, who we are, and why we are. i expect harsh replies (ONLY ON ATS!!
)

I have an Idea that has probably been mentioned before, but it has hit me this week, and i thought i would share it with you all, and i dont care for the harsh remarks i may receive.... means nothing to me, but it may be important to a lucky few who stumble on this thread... it may or may not help, but its an idea that SHOULD be looked at... and ill place it in my own words now.

We are everything, and nothing.

We are just a hologram that is being beamed through different dimensional information. a collective center of all consciousness which connects each and everyone of us, but we are separated (spiritual) though time (expansion.)

We are alive today based on the choice/chance/luck that this universe has given us.

We exist merely by being observers. if not for us (the observer) existence wouldn't exist, and vice - versa.

We are a resultant of probability. probability that exists in the 5th dimensional plane. for those who are not familiar with dimensional planes, google string theory, or go on youtube, and type in (imagining the tenth dimension) look into this to get a general idea on what im launching here in this thread.

We are a figment of all-one's imagination. If we were to reverse time, and return to singularity, we would be one. all-one-ness.

We are a thought bubble. we are each others observation.

Next time when you question who are you, why are you here, whats our purpose, you just answered all your questions. Look within yourself, find the god-self within you, and you will find your answers...

I think this is one of the best ways to approach enlightenment... Look within self, for that one thing that connects every spirit on the planet.

agree? disagree?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
i totally agree with this idea.

i think we are all figments of the one consciousness.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

because were all split up (fractals) from expansion from when there was nothingness (one-ness)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

because were all split up (fractals) from expansion from when there was nothingness (one-ness)

yes. we are God's dream, because if God didn't dream, God would be very lonely.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

we are all fractals of creation. call it god, call it you, a thought bubble of probability, choice, chance, and luck.

we started from somewhere, and we all have the ability to return.

No one else out there besides me and mr darko?

Spellage errorss

[edit on 8/14/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Very interesting thread, HOPE thats not true...caaaause i want there to be something after this death haah.
very nice star and flag sir, better see MORE OF THESE KIND OF THREADS!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelhernsin

Very interesting thread, HOPE thats not true...caaaause i want there to be something after this death haah.
very nice star and flag sir, better see MORE OF THESE KIND OF THREADS!!!

You will return to a flesh body, or if you escape the third density, you can have any body you wish for, its everyone's universe. were all one, you have a choice.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The Buddhists have a mind-blowing concept called "Indra's Net". The gist of it is that everything in the Universe is a figment of my imagination; but I am a figment of every being in the Universe. In other words, we're a bunch of imaginary things imagining each other. Just thinking about that makes my head hurt.

I think the whole idea of trying to fathom ultimate reality is probably fruitless. How can we ever say anything is real or a dream? The Chinese philosopher Chuang Tzu posed a riddle. He said, "Last night I dreamed I was a butterfly. Am I a man who dreamed he was a butterfly, or am I a butterfly, dreaming he is a man?"

In order to simplify my life (and preserve my sanity), I stopped struggling with this kind of question. Now I just try to make it day by day, figuring out what is in my best interests to do each day. If at the end of the day I have met my goals, have perhaps made someone feel a little better, or done something to make this sorry world even a little bit better, I consider it a success. The rest I leave to philosophers and ATS members...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
The Buddhists have a mind-blowing concept called "Indra's Net". The gist of it is that everything in the Universe is a figment of my imagination; but I am a figment of every being in the Universe. In other words, we're a bunch of imaginary things imagining each other. Just thinking about that makes my head hurt.

All one-ness

I think the whole idea of trying to fathom ultimate reality is probably fruitless. How can we ever say anything is real or a dream? The Chinese philosopher Chuang Tzu posed a riddle. He said, "Last night I dreamed I was a butterfly. Am I a man who dreamed he was a butterfly, or am I a butterfly, dreaming he is a man?"

That is a great quote, ironically that's something i just read this week. It was part of my minds explosion, then came simplicity.

In order to simplify my life (and preserve my sanity), I stopped struggling with this kind of question. Now I just try to make it day by day, figuring out what is in my best interests to do each day. If at the end of the day I have met my goals, have perhaps made someone feel a little better, or done something to make this sorry world even a little bit better, I consider it a success. The rest I leave to philosophers and ATS members...

Everyone has their share of woes in life. Be who you are, and what you are. be happy.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Sounds like string theory and not your own ideas.

I would really, really like to know the point of us being here though. Perhaps there is no more point to us than a ant in the forest, or a virus in a dogs belly. We are just a random life form.

But we are the only lifeform we know of who can actually think about these things, even though the answer probably lies beyond us.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

yes, its from ST. based on it, yes its the best theory we have that relates to this but i am explaining it in my own words after realizing it for what it was. im not trying to take credit for it, all i pose are questions and im sharing information i have gathered.

in our reality we can only see ourselves to be the only know thinker in the universe. if ST is the base for all possibility, would there be possibility that we are not the only thinkers in this universe?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
How can a singularity to emerge from exist though? For something to exist, would it not have to be contained inside of something? How could everything at one point have ever been a dot inside of nothing?

If we are talking about a oneness contained inside of an infinite fractal, then what comes next isn't a splitting and separating but a spreading out, meaning everything is still a functional part of the "blooming" oneness as it always was. We wouldn't have to reverse time to know that because we still exist in it. What is outside of it (the universe) is probably full of other universes, that from the outside would each look like a singularity no matter how much they expand.

The fact that you are able to ask the questions in your OP is probably the answer to those questions, as you say. The fact that matter exists, is able to become aware of it's own existence, and then study matter and existence is a great gift; but it is a condition that could exist for no other reason than because it is possible - because quite literally nothing is impossible, or I should say the existence of nothing is impossible.

Matter that knows that it exists is awesome, getting that gift is good enough for me to be satisfied without knowing all the answers.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
OP,
Your thread is very deep thinking. Are we no more than a vague dream of some super-sentient being? Who knows?

I have often wondered if our entire reality is no more than a bubble or blip in the reality or imagination of some other being.

Humans have dreamed worlds through literature, vocal stories, and more recently, through movies, etc. for thousands of years.

Who is to say that we are not the exact same thing on a much more (and much less understood) elevated level?

Somewhere in time and space, or beyond, some entity may awake and our entire 'reality' and existence may be immediately extinguished.

Just something to think about...

[edit on 8/14/2009 by billybobh3]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybobh3
OP,
Your thread is very deep thinking. Are we no more than a vague dream of some super-sentient being? Who knows?

I have often wondered if our entire reality is no more than a bubble or blip in the reality or imagination of some other being.

Humans have dreamed worlds through literature, vocal stories, and more recently, through movies, etc. for thousands of years.

Who is to say that we are not the exact same thing on a much more (and much less understood) elevated level?

Somewhere in time and space, or beyond, some entity may awake and our entire 'reality' and existence may be immediately extinguished.

Just something to think about...

[edit on 8/14/2009 by billybobh3]

Thanks!!

we are WHO we are... there is no way passed that except though spirit, mind and body.

Back in the day, i never understood the concept of *the body is a vessel* or the concept of what is. it was always GOD created everything, and nothing else. I have grown since then to get the understanding myself clear, at least from my perspective.

The vessel illustrates that the body is like a car, you use throughout your life. ( i know using the word car is weak but bare with me)

we are programmed in our mind by others observations (and our own) of what is (learn, and go, process continues) while the spirit binds the two which leads to (who am i, why am i here?) Beautiful isn't it?

A body to use, a mind to think, and a spirit that helps us appreciate the reality around us. (interconnected)

I don't know if this would work on the road to enlightenment... is that acceptance of body/mind/spirit as a whole instead of 3 separations, or your own personal fractal. then possibly look beyond our reality and finally understand what IS.

i am however stuck there. I want to know more with whats around me, i want to know what, why, where how, of life, and existence. we each have our own path to follow. we each have our own way to get to a place, but in the end we will wind up at the same end-point whenever that may be.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
may be when we die ... we wake up ... in real consciousness???
star n flag!!

ps

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I agree, that there is no abiding self but the one-thing awareness within, and without and in that sense we are indeed both everything and nothing, and part of an expanding thought bubble of potentia, realizing some greater potentia, from bubble to bubble. When in the history of the universe, awareness blossemed within the akashic field as a result of the stored and collectively shared and held informational holographic matrix, it's hard to say, because once there WAS light, at some level it was always there. Makes you start to wonder about the validity of the allegorical representation of God saying, via a spoken word, or a "tone" or a note, in other words via a SOUND "let there be light".
Some scientists are now beginning to suspect that "dark matter" is nothing less than the bottom of our parent universe, and that it's parent, and baby universes, forever. Where this gets totally mind boggling is the notion of a self aware universe, motivated by nothing less than love, whichi somehow limits it's infinite potentiality to make the physical reality we are in, as part of an evolutionary process, by subtraction, since the all in all, is one, and yet, here we are in a differentiated and varied world of action and contrasts.

Here is something interesting I think to consider in relation to this (and good thread btw!)

"The God Theory" by Bernard Haisch
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249274834&sr=8-1

Haisch is an astrophysicist whose professional positions include Staff Scientist at the Lockheed Martin Solar and Astrophysics Laboratory, Deputy Director for the Center for Extreme Ultraviolet Astrophysics at the University of California, Berkeley, and Visiting Fellow at the Max-Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics in Garching, Germany. His work has led to close involvement with NASA; he is the author of over 130 scientific papers; and was the Scientific Editor of the Astrophysical Journal for nine years, as well as the editor in chief of the Journal of Scientific Exploration.

an excerpt

If you think of whitte light as a metaphor of infinite, formless potential, the colors on a slide or frame of film become a structured reality grounded in the polarity that comes about through intelligent subtraction from that absolute formless potential. It results from the limitation of the unlimited. I contend that this metaphor provides a comprehensible theory for the creation of a manifest reality (our universe) from the selective limitation of infinite potential (God)...
If there exists an absolute realm that consists of infinite potential out of which a created realm of polarity emerges, is there any sensible reason not to call this "God"? Or to put it frankly, if the absolute is not God, what is it? For our purposes here, I will indentify the Absolute with God. More precisely I will call the Absolute the Godhead. Applying this new terminology to the optics analogy, we can conclude that our physical universe comes about when the Godhead selectively limits itself, taking on the role of Creator and manifesting a realm of space and time and, within that realm, filtering out some of its own infinite potential...
Viewed this way, the process of creation is the exact opposite of making something out of nothing. It is, on the contrary, a filtering process that makes something our of everything. Creation is not capricious or random addition; it is intelligent and selective subtraction. The implications of this are profound. If the Absolute in the Godhead, and if creation is the process by which the Godhead filters our parts of its own infinite potential to manifest a physical reality that supports experience, then the stuff that is left over, the residue of this process, is our physical universe, and ourselves included. We are nothing less than a part of that Godhead - quite literally.

Next, by Ervin Laszlo

Science and the Akashic Field, an Integral Theory of Everything, 2004
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249275852&sr=8-1

And, his other seminal work
Science and the Reenchantment of the Cosmos: The Rise of the Integral Vision of Reality
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1249275852&sr=8-6

Ervin Laszlo is considered one of the foremost thinkers and scientists of our age, perhaps the greatest mind since Einstein. His principal focus of research involves the Zero Point Field. He is the author of around seventy five books (his works having been translated into at least seventeen languages), and he has contributed to over 400 papers. Widely considered the father of systems philosophy and general evolution theory, he has worked as an advisor to the Director-General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization. He was also nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in both 2004 and 2005. A multidisciplinarian, Laszlo has straddled numerous fields, having worked at universities as a professor of philosophy, music, futures studies, systems science, peace studies, and evolutionary studies. He was a sucessful concert pianist until he was thirty eight.

In his view, the zero-point field (or the Akashic Field, as he calls it) is quite literally the "mind of God".

Naming Hal Puthoff, Roger Penrose, Fritz-Albert Popp, and a handful of others as "front line investigators", Laszlo quotes Puthoff who says of the new scientific paradigm:

[What] would emerge would be an increased understanding that all of us are immersed, both as living and physical beings, in an overall interpenetrating and interdependant field in ecological balance with the cosmos as a whole, and that even the boundary lines between the physical and "metaphysical" would dissolve into a unitary viewpoint of the universe as a fluid, changing, energetic/informational cosmological unity."

an excert from Science and the Akashic Field, an Integral Theory of Everything

Akasha (a . ka . sha) is a Sanskrit word meaning "ether": all-pervasive space. Originally signifying "radiation" or "brilliance", in Indian philosophy akasha was considered the first and most fundamental of the five elements - the others being vata (air), agni (fire), ap (water), and prithivi (earth). Akasha embraces the properties of all five elements: it is the womb from which everything we percieve with our senses has emerged and into which everything will ultimately re-descend. The Akashic Record (also called The Akashic Chronicle) is the enduring record of all that happens, and has ever happened, in space and time."

Laszlo's view of the history of the universe is of a series of universes that rise and fall, but are each "in-formed" by the existence of the previous one. In Laszlo's mind, the universe is becoming more and more in-formed, and within the physical universe, matter (which is the crystallization of intersecting pressure waves or an interference pattern moving through the zero-point field) is becoming increasing in-formed and evolving toward higher forms of consciousness and realization.

a liitle more to follow, so that people can get the whole picture of the new paradigm of sicentific inquiry and why it involves the "mind of God".. which lives and has it's being within us already, with us in God (the all in all).

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
In discussing the metaphysical implications of the identification of the zero-point field, Laszlo specifically notes the fact that it can contain an infinite number of "waves" of information:

This conception corresponds to a perennial intuition also articulated in Hindu Cosmology. There the almost infinitely varied things and forms of the manifest world are united in an essential oneness at a deeper level. At the fundamental level of reality the forms of existing things dissolve into formlessness, living organisms exist in a state of pure potentiality, and dynamic functions condense into static stillness. All attributes of the manifest world merge into a state beyond attributes. Time, space, and causality, are transcended in a state of pure being; the state of Brahman. Absolute reality is the reality of Brahman; the manifest world enjoys but a derived, secondary reality - mistaking it for the real, is the illusion of maya.

On the mind and the human being

A comparatively evolved system, such as the human, has a comparatively evolved brain and thus a correspondingly articulated mental potential. The endows the human brain with a highly evolved capacity for recieving sensory signals from the manifest domain, and nonsensory in-formation from the virtual domain [ie: the zero-point field]. In regard to the latter, the brain is genetically informed by the wave function of the universe and specifically in-formed by the wave function of the social and ecological systems in which the individual participates. Sensory information constitutes the familiar contents of everyday experience, whereas nonsensory information, in modern societies generally repressed, comes to light mainly in the form of intuitions, images, archetypes, and the seemingly anomalous contents of altered-state experience.

He goes on to state that

The altered-state interconnection of human consciousness with the world at large is of crucial importance for our times (atheists take note). It exhibits a fact that both mainstream science and mainstream public opinion has long disregarded; that our mind is spontaneously linked with other minds, and even with the cosmos as a whole.

On evolution, consciousness, and God

Evolution, we should note, realizes a twofold potential in the cosmos; a physical potential for the progressive, although intermittent and non-linear, complexification of manifest entitites; and a mental potential for the intermittent yet progressive evolution of consciousness. These potentials were encoded in the primordial virtual-energy domain. In the maximum concept that domain constitutes [b]the primordial nature of God.
Upon the termination of the evolutionary process - following the "evaporation" of the last remnants of supergalactic structures in the space and time of the last universe - the potentials encoded in the primordial virtual domain achieve final realzation. For the maximum concept the completely in-formed virtual-energy domain constitutes the consequent nature of God.

Until finally, as Laszlo mystically envisages it:

In the course of innumerable universes, the pulsating Metaverse realizes all that the primeval plenum held in potential. The plenum is no longer formless; its surface is of unimaginable complexity and coherence; its depth is FULLY IN-FORMED (caps by me ie: infinite intelligence). The cosmic proto-consciousness that endowed the primeval plenum with its universe-creative potentials becomes a fully articulated self aware cosmic consciousness - it becomes, and thenceforth eternally is, the self-realized mind of God.

In the words of Paul Davies, "The Mind of God: The Scientific Basis for a Rational World" 1992, we read

I belong to a group of scientists who do not subscribe to a conventional religion but nevertheless deny that the universe is a purposeless accident. Through my scientific work I have come to believe more and more strongly that the physical universe is put together with an ingenuity so astonishing than I cannot accept it merely as brute fact. THere must, it seems to me, be a deeper explanation. Furthermore, I have come to the point of view that mind - ie: conscious awareness of the world - is not a meaningless and incidental quirk of nature, but an absolutely fundamental facet of reality

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Sometimes I wonder if when we "die," we'll actually be waking up and then we'll realize that we've been dreaming the whole time.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
And so I think our threefold nature, of - body, mind, and spirit, is an evolutionary expression of this Godhead of limitless potential, limiting itself to have an experience and to raise self awareness, or to "share his kingdom", is the way in which the human being IS in made in the image of God ie: body. mind. spirit.

Spirit, I think, is the only transluminal communication sheme in the universe, which occurs only in the realm of oneness, and so the only way to "worship" (in whatever form that may take - could be just having fun and being appreciative) is to worship in spirit and in truth.

And from what I've been studying lately, I also think that this plenum of infinite potential, the void of nothing from which everything arises and has it's being (the no thing / everything), this akashic field and infinite Godhead, has an intentionality of causation, or a WILL, which is the will, to love, as the creative impulse, the stimulous and the catalyst

People who've had deep and profound mystical experiences have reported that at bottom, that IS what IT IS - Love. A love transcendent, a love so powerful, so uncompromising and unrelenting, that it can be freightening to behold or experience directly. Much of our religion may be, as Carl Jung said - a defence mechanism against having an authentic spiritual experience!

What does this mean in terms of an answer to the questions posed in the OP?

The answer is "because I love you" where it pleased the father (first/last cause, father of all creation, self aware Godhead) to share his eternal kingdom with all his children.

Therefore we are children of light, and to awaken from the dream will be to become both one with the light as children of light and of God, who is light and love itself, while retaining an I-thou relationship at the most fundamental level in order for there to BE love.

Thus, just like Jesus, we were with the father from before the very foundation of the Earth, and we shall we with him at the end of time.

And if this is true, then it's true, whether you believe in it or not.

And believing in it, is to recieve an inheritance (eternal life) of incaculable value, now, which is where any "kingdom of heaven" must surely begin.

So Eckhart Tolle is right then when he says that it's all about PRESENCE, in the now.

The end of time, is now.

So the trick then, and the goal, is as Meher Baba states, to be with God now, and to realize the Reality and attain the "I am God" state in human form.

"God cannot be explained. He cannot be argued about. He cannot be theorized, nor can He be discussed and understood.
God can only be lived.
To understand the infinite, eternal Reality (Godhead) is not the GOAL of individualized beings in the Illusion of Creation, because the Reality can never be understood; it is to be realized (here and now) by conscious experience.
Therefore, the GOAL is to realize the Reality and attain the "I am God" state in human form."
~ Meher Baba

[edit on 15-8-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
i totally agree with this idea.

i think we are all figments of the one consciousness.

My thoughts as well.

We are an idea created by energy thought. An energy consciousness evolving.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join