It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 year anniversay of Woodstock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Its 40 years since Woodstock. It was an amazing event in human history that can never be recaptured. I'm from the UK, but every time I see the footage of Woodstock it sends shivers down my spine and makes me think of how good humans are when left to be free.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by woodwardjnr]

[edit on 14-8-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
There are still similar events going on these days , main thing that has changed is the music though .
Ever been to a psytrance festival ?
Similar thing imo , still the hippy atmosphere , good vibes floating around , everyones happy etc , out in nature ...
Personally I would fall asleep at an event like woodstock , way before my time , but hey , at least the theme lives on

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Takka
There are still similar events going on these days , main thing that has changed is the music though .
Ever been to a psytrance festival ?
Similar thing imo , still the hippy atmosphere , good vibes floating around , everyones happy etc , out in nature ...
Personally I would fall asleep at an event like woodstock , way before my time , but hey , at least the theme lives on

The difference with Woodstock, is that it was the 1st and was an amalgamation the Hippy movement and the Anti war movement and all this new music coming together. It was a moment in history with real meaning to it.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Good point , it was a great moment in history in that regard .
I'm just glad that a similar train of thought is still there today , with the new generations , albeit in a slightly different form

top topics

join