It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US constitution our rock of salvation in the storm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

So much has been made of the constitution in the last few years.

Why?

I suspect that the 3rd bank (Federal Reserve) of the united states is about to fail causing worldwide financial chaos and national domestic disturbances. In a time of turmoil we need a rock to cling to. The only one we have, besides the bible, is the constitution. A uniting spirit of defiance and in your faceness that took place centuries ago. A forgotten event in time.

I believe that we are about to relive the events of the revolution. How exciting. May we live in exciting times. May the survivors of the conflict write a second constitution.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I like your spirit. We can cling to the Constitution if it still actually holds power. I fear it does not. As far as the Federal Reserve crumbling, I suspect otherwise. I believe the current economic fiasco to be orchestrated by the Fed and NWO. Classic "problem, reaction, solution" stuff. As long as we have a monetary, or in our case, credit based economy I think the bankers will remain in power. They have the magical power to create money out of thin air in the form of credit. Everyone who uses credit puts themselves in debt thus making them the indentured servants of the bankers. The PTB want the whole world on this plan so that they (PTB, NWO, whatever you want to call it ) can control everything.
We need to remove the Federal Reserve and the other agencies of the NWO to be free. The devaluing of the dollar is necessary for this plan. Remember, they want a GLOBAL economy, so we need to come down a bit.

I've heard that the 16th amendment wasn't actually ratified, but most people believe that it was, so they pay their income taxes, which goes straight to the Federal Reserves coffers. What if we can repeal the 16th amendment?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyrossius Maxim

Since the 16th amendment was never ratified and the supreme court ruled several time that it did not give congress the authority to lay a new kind of tax, it doesn't even need to be repealed. Just stop volunteering to pay income tax.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I don't necessarily think that the fed is going to fail on its own. Doesn't it (along with the imf and other central banks) list the world in its asset sheets?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaybeThisTimeAround
I don't necessarily think that the fed is going to fail on its own. Doesn't it (along with the imf and other central banks) list the world in its asset sheets?

I think they just make it up as they go along.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
As citizens of the United States, we are obligated to defend our Constitution and our way of life, whether from internal or from external threats. We all work together for the common good of our citizenry. There have always been naysayers, those who would undermine the hard work and blood shed by those who have devoted their time, talents, treasures, and lives to the building of our great republic, warts and all.

Feel secure in the knowledge that the United States of America is strong, will weather yet another economic storm, and the spirit the burns in the bosom of each loyal American citizen will stand to the last man and woman in defense of our freedoms. We are a standard for the nations, and a beacon of hope for those who seek freedom from want and fear.

While you may at times have second thoughts, my friend, take heart and know that most of us are quite sure of the soundness of our great republic, and the men and women in government. There are some who are not worthy to serve, but the vast majority of God-fearing, upright, and honest members of our government are there to insure the safety and welfare of all of our people.

God bless the United States of America.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MaybeThisTimeAround

Yes, it is my intention to stop paying income taxes, but as I research the matter the way is very unclear. Some people don't pay the illegal tax and manage to avoid prosecution while others get do get prosecuted, so I'm kind of wary. I guess I need to do more research, I'm just afraid it'll come down to who has the better lawyer

But, you're right: if the 16th amendment wasn't ratified, then it doesn't need to be repealed. However, it's still in everyones copy of the Constitution, providing the ambiguity.

I think the Constitution is a thing of genius, and should secure all of our rights, but we still see it getting trampled on by agents of the NWO.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

But our government is clearly not in our ( the citizens ) control anymore. It has been hijacked by a highly organized and secretive group of very greedy people who wish to increase their power and wealth by centralizing the global economy and governments. America is strong, and if these evil folks accomplish their goals, it will provide the foundation for a one world government.

Also, I'm not so sure I want "God-fearing" people in charge of me, as our world's history is full of examples of such god inspired fear leading to wars and other atrocities. Most of our founding fathers were deists and agnostics, not your typical religious fundamentalists. I think there are more reasons to distrust our government leaders than to trust them at all.

If we, as responsible citizens, do uphold the Constitution then we need to start removing the power structure that currently exists and give it back to the people who are supposed to be providing the authority. Instead of letting the bankers run everything.

new topics

top topics

join