It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Met a homeless alchemist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
OK! I fail hard right now. I didn't even see that line!

uhhh...It's a conspiracy...aliens erase things so I look like a fail! Yeah that's it!

Sorries!

[edit on 15-8-2009 by MrDudle]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think this is all to funny...

the aclemy was turning metal to gold

what greater gold , than a noble act .
the greed is what was change in his pocket , turned to gold in the soul .

illusionist is who the alchemist was , to seem to be something he was not , a person who could make metal into gold , he did.

where he can be found now , or where he came from is no more or less the story we all tell .

but he did change common metal to gold .... what is worth more hope , charity , noble acts ... or au gold dust , that passed between vendors of useful items that time turns to ash

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
I would have come out of the store and tried to engage him in an actual conversation about medieval alchemy and/or esoterica. If he knew his s**t to any extent then I'd sit down on the curb with him, pass him a few beers, and brown-bag it while we talked about stuff like the validity of the ideas of Zosimos of Panopolis and otherts that alchemy is primarily a psychospiritual transformational technique couched in the metaphor of the actual transmutation of base materials, rather than a literal physical transformation. I'd ask his opinion about Chinese alchemy as well, such as his idea of the gradual transformation of Taoist alchemal theories along similar lines. I'd be curious to know what he thought of the distinction the middle-aged Chinese alchemists drew between "yang" and "true yang," or "lead" and "true lead" - a position I've always found troubling yet alluring. Of course, we'd have to at least touch on the great Islamic alchemists, like Jabir ibn Hayyanare, the Mandeans, and so on. Last, as a kind of counterpoint to the more theoretical stuff we'd have been slinging, I'd probably try to get his ideas on the fact that the Au (gold) and a few other precious metals have rather unusual particle spin characteristics, suggesting to some academic physicists and chemists that actual and physical transmutation might, in the end, be a possibility. Then I'd tip my hat to him, wish him the very best of luck with the Great Work, and be on my way.

You took the words right out of my mouth!
This was going to be my very next post

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

You took the words right out of my mouth! This was going to be my very next post

Hiya McKyle, ONLY on ATS can a guy's joke turn into two pages of a worthy BS examination of morality. You've gotta laugh

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Mabey I should use that line. Get some extra cash

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

It's Kind Of Like A Role Reversal, He Was The Desperate Man Wanting Spare Change, Now Your The Desperate One Repeatedly Returning To The Same Spot In Hope Of Finding The Gold.

Kinda Shows How Selfish A Man Can Be =/

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

I think you were paid in full. You gave the man change, and he gave you a lesson in humanity. There, but for the grace of [insert diety] goes all of us.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Through my work i met a homeless man, who told me all about the pineal gland. Imagine my shock when i googled it & everything that he told me was spot on! He told me that some of us have a dandilion thing in our brain, which when triggered sends out tiny little seeds around the body & tells our stem cells to repair us.
I told my Doctor about this after i had a sleep paralyisis incident... i actually watched the colour draining out of his face.

Moral of the story...don't judge a book by it's cover!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Before you could yell at him to get a job and leave you the # alone.
Have you tried applying for a job in dirty clothes, without a residence and no bank account? Its alot harder then you think.

It doesnt really work. Thats like someone being stranded on the side of the road bleeding with a car on fire in the backround, they run out infront of you for help, you roll down your window and yell, stop walking, get a car you peice of # and drive off.

You disgust me. You can say I took it out of context, but the mentality you showed screams "american". sorry to offend anyone.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You never know who a homeless bum might be.

"...it may be that yonder beggar is a King. A King may choose his garment as he will: there is no certain test: but a beggar cannot hide his poverty."

Even Gaius Octavius Julius Caesar Augustus would don the apparel of a beggar once a year.

Case in point, one time I met a homeless bum who asked me if I could take him in for a couple of weeks. The guy seemed like a nice enough guy so I let him crash on my couch and use my shower, and fed him. In return for my hospitality he offered to give me and all of my roommates tattoos in return. I declined but my roommates took him up on his offer and got the most impressive pieces of artwork you could ever possibly imagine (entire intricate jungle scenes with optical illusions). After everyone who wanted a tattoo had one he moved on. About a month later one of my friends came running in with the newest issue of Rolling Stone Magazine, and on the cover was the homeless bum who crashed on my couch! Turns out he is the most highly sought after Tattoo Artist in the world!

Sometimes treating yonder begger as a King is advantageous. After all, you never know when an immortal 16th century Alchemist might be disguised as a beggar...even if in all likelihood he was just a creative beggar.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join