It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Met a homeless alchemist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I went to the liqueur store the other night and as soon as I jump out my ride this bum approaches me, before he could open his mouth I told him to get a job and leave me the # alone. As I walked toward the store he said " you don't know who I am", I'm thinking thank God I don't know who you are buddy. Suddenly he says " I'm a connoisseur of the art of transformation."

I go in the store and get my beer, as soon as I exit this fool tells me he was a alchemist in 16th century and if I give him some common metals ala spare change the next time I see him my coins will be turned into gold.

I gave him all my loose change.

Been to the store 5 times, have yet to see dude

I guess that was a paranormal experience

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
You got hustled homie.

Better luck next time

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Do you think I'd have to give this man royalties if I ever needed to use that line?

I liked the sound of it as well, I probably would have given him all my change too. As you were handing it over, did you have a feeling you would never see this man again?

You never know, maybe he was an angel testing you, maybe he was a CIA agent wanting your DNA or fingerprints off the coins. It could be a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
was he talking in a 16th century accent? haha

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I'd of given it to him to for his ingenuity! and Creativity!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
LMAO!!!!! Sorry but for some reason this cracked me up. Same with the second post, "You got hustled homie".

Its been a crappy night for me my wifes being bitchy..etc..etc so thanks for making me laugh!!

I agree with the few other posters that said it was rude how you talked to this man. I'd never talk to another human like that, not even my worst enemy.

Peace

[edit on by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
If I were a 16th century alchemist and you talked to me like that, I would've given you more than an ancient remedy.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Well, we will never know just what he actually was. That's too bad.

But assuming he was a mentally ill, homeless man in a bad situation in life, then you did a good job showing "me" what "you" are.

I hope you learn a bit of compassion before someone teaches you a serious lesson in life.

The way you speak of this man as if he was meaningless plastic litter on the side of a road simply disgusts me.

If less people like you were in power in this world, we would have a whole lot less suffering people around the world...both homeless and housed.

Try looking at the bum your were being that day...not the bum he was.

It may build a new part of you that makes you a far better human.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

Funny dude. I don't believe it, but flagged for the laffs...they're like rocking horse s*** around here sometimes

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Ive seen that movie !!!

But, did you get Gold ? Are you waiting for the Gold right now ??
Did you give him your change in the nature of your own greed, in hope you get buckets filled with Gold in return, or just to be nice ??

remember, there is no such thing as an un-selfish good deed...So I heard.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Never pass by a hand in need
for someday someway you will be the hand indeed.
xoxo stacie

You will never get the gold back; you gave it in greed and in greed you will lust for it; never having it to be found....

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Sounds like a VERY clever man. I wish him luck; he deserves it.

And for a second line, I'll say I agree with everyone else about your reaction.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Core90]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Wow, I never heard of someone being so blatantly mean. I usually give to the bums when they ask, unless I simply don't have it, but he knew the way to your heart, lmao

He should get a job on the psychic hotline, he did pretty well at reading you.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
I went to the liqueur store the other night and as soon as I jump out my ride this bum approaches me, before he could open his mouth I told him to get a job and leave me the # alone. As I walked toward the store he said " you don't know who I am", I'm thinking thank God I don't know who you are buddy. Suddenly he says " I'm a connoisseur of the art of transformation."

I go in the store and get my beer, as soon as I exit this fool tells me he was a alchemist in 16th century and if I give him some common metals ala spare change the next time I see him my coins will be turned into gold.

Are all of you people unable to read? He didn't say anything rude to him. He thought it. I don't even consider that rude. People are so judgemental. That and illiterate.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I got it! I got them! The very last pieces of zinc. Just what I needed!, Francois the Alchemist thinks to himself as he makes him way back to his time machine.

What rubes these people in the 21st century were! I should return here for all my zinc needs. His face contorts into a grand smile as his mind wanders to thoughts of being back in the comfort of his home.

Just wait until I tell that bastard Nostradamus about all this - about all I have seen! He lets out a chuckle.

Jon

[edit on 8.15.2009 by Voxel]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
is the umbrella coorporation engineering the fema coorporation, i was watching the newest resident evil movie and they had fema detainee survivors from the recent typhoon on cell phones and they were being transported by helicopter in those freight containers, but with for leavenworths financial crisis being moved to the underwater naval research complex under the hudson river, why is it when these planes try and land that some form of customs agent or runway is deployed

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEMATyphoonVictims
is the umbrella coorporation engineering the fema coorporation, i was watching the newest resident evil movie and they had fema detainee survivors from the recent typhoon on cell phones and they were being transported by helicopter in those freight containers, but with for leavenworths financial crisis being moved to the underwater naval research complex under the hudson river, why is it when these planes try and land that some form of customs agent or runway is deployed

What?
Second Line.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I would have come out of the store and tried to engage him in an actual conversation about medieval alchemy and/or esoterica. If he knew his s**t to any extent then I'd sit down on the curb with him, pass him a few beers, and brown-bag it while we talked about stuff like the validity of the ideas of Zosimos of Panopolis and otherts that alchemy is primarily a psychospiritual transformational technique couched in the metaphor of the actual transmutation of base materials, rather than a literal physical transformation. I'd ask his opinion about Chinese alchemy as well, such as his idea of the gradual transformation of Taoist alchemal theories along similar lines. I'd be curious to know what he thought of the distinction the middle-aged Chinese alchemists drew between "yang" and "true yang," or "lead" and "true lead" - a position I've always found troubling yet alluring. Of course, we'd have to at least touch on the great Islamic alchemists, like Jabir ibn Hayyanare, the Mandeans, and so on. Last, as a kind of counterpoint to the more theoretical stuff we'd have been slinging, I'd probably try to get his ideas on the fact that the Au (gold) and a few other precious metals have rather unusual particle spin characteristics, suggesting to some academic physicists and chemists that actual and physical transmutation might, in the end, be a possibility. Then I'd tip my hat to him, wish him the very best of luck with the Great Work, and be on my way.

[edit on 8/15/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDudle

Are all of you people unable to read? He didn't say anything rude to him. He thought it. I don't even consider that rude. People are so judgemental. That and illiterate.

Because greeting someone with "Get a job and [snip]!" is so unbearably polite.

And as a second line I'll add that I'd love to see the guy's reaction to Silent Thunder's approach.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Core90]

Profanity removed

[edit on 15/8/09 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDudle

I think you're the one unable to read. If you read the post he told the guy to "get a job" and told the guy to leave him the f- alone.

Though, in saying that, I guess talking like that to people's become commonplace and is part of our everyday customs.

Edit: Crap, someone replied before me. I guess I'm just reiterating the point.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Whine Flu]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join