It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had a thought!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
To be honest, I was a believer of UFO's but had not experienced the phenomena, until recently.
I had lived in the country for a lot of my young life, and experienced a lot of things with regard to the unexplained, and, unfortunately, these did not include UFO's, even though we went out into the night regularly, fishing, camping, and in those days as a child playing and so on. But as I grew, I also grew with regards to my view point in the world, and what I was taught, I stopped really looking at the sky, until I started to really learn about the truth of life, which I had started at a young age, but have only really come to investigate within the last 15 years.
Well, this weekend, I saw my fist group of UFO's. I am somewhat cynical about what I see, as I am ex military, and have seen fist hand what can be mistaken as a "UFO", but was in fact a military aircraft of one kind or another. After many hrs of watching the sky and seeing satellites and watching them, I know what they look like as well.
But, what I thought, rather amazingly I saw UFO groups, in the two nights in a row on the weekend.
I wont go into detail, as that is not what I am writing about, but as I got home from work today, I finally sat down and was flicking through the channels on foxtel and a thought just popped into my head.
Now lets think of the everyday person here. The everyday person is more concerned with (this is my thoughts only), the day to day experience. I really feel this as I had experienced this. In your days, when you were looking only at yourselves, did you really think to take note of what is happening in the sky's. How often did or does the average Joe just sit out and look at the sky for no reason. Especially in the city (which we all know, you can not see the sky clearly due to light pollution).
With this in mind, does it not really surprise anyone that the ET and UFO "experience" is questioned. I mean I know there are other factors, but what if this is one of those really big ones, if you think about it it makes sense, not only is religion and science involved, but no one "SEE'S" the sky any more!

Comments! Thoughts?

[edit on 14-8-2009 by The_Seeker]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

of course that's a factor...plus they can wipe out your memory of them

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
hahaha sorry I must be a little slow on the uptake

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

you are actually right, people don't look at the sky anymore. I believe extraterrestrials exists, but i doubt they visit Earth. however for all i know the proof i need to be convinced that aliens are already here might be over my head at this very moment.

Even i am guilty of not looking up. But can i be blamed when i live in a city and the night sky barely shows a few stars?

Maybe I should look to the sky more often...of course this will usually bring ridicule since people nowadays think that looking at the night/day sky for apparently no reason is a sign of being crazy.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I can't really talk for others, but I look at the sky a lot, since I can remember.
Like I said, can't really talk on the behalf of others, but I'm guessing your going to get a lot of responses like mine here on ATS... we're star gazers, what can we say?

Pretty cool you saw something though.
I've seen a few things in the sky I've questioned... I'm really hoping to see light orbs one of these days

new topics

top topics

join