It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona people! I just saw something very odd! *Videos and pictures*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by D.Gribble

HOLY #@#$! I saw this on Tuesday night!

I was driving on the 101 heading south towards Avondale. This thing was west of South Mountain.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Originally posted by D.Gribble
So tonight, at around 930-945pm, I was driving northbound on I10 coming in from Tucson. I was almost into phoenix, on the big long stretch of road that goes past fire bird raceway. Well I was looking around and noticed two bright yellow/orange lights in the sky to my left (that would be west).

DG

I know the area you are talking about....most if not all on ATS dont know that area which is known in Phoenix as South Mountain. The small city of Ahwatukee and the Indian Reservation is there too. I also happen to live on the North side of South Mountain and yes there are things that happen there which are "unexplainable". From my understanding there is possibly a secret military base located west of the city of Maricopa, Arizona which is in fair proximity of South Mountain.

You did the right thing in reporting the event to MUFON. The MUFON directors in Phoenix are very nice people and should be able to give you some quality time.

Have you ever seen this particular object where you're at?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereotype

I was driving on the 101 heading south towards Avondale. This thing was west of South Mountain.

Tell me your story? Did it act similarly? Give me some details.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

just curious about the appearing and disappearing lights....were they each a single light, seperate ones, or was it difficult to tell? I hlive in nw Az, and have seen appearing lights both at night and right before dusk, but they appeared to be linear...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by glevel

just curious about the appearing and disappearing lights....were they each a single light, seperate ones, or was it difficult to tell? I hlive in nw Az, and have seen appearing lights both at night and right before dusk, but they appeared to be linear...

Its hard to describe, at some points, like at the beginning of the video, they are close together, but not touching, then when they reappear later, they are closer together than before. The top light was slightly higher and to the right of the bottom light. The top light would disappear first and the second would quickly follow suit

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
No, it was not difficult to tell lol , those lights were the most brilliant, biggest things out in the sky that night. Of course the video doesnt do it justice, but those suckers were huge. I mean, they scared me, just so out of place. After this, I am investing in a real video camera and a tripod. And I am going to travel that road and get some good footage.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm feeling some synchronicity going on here. I live in northern AZ far from civilization and have seen spots of light (orbs?) twice in the past two days. One was in the morning, the other at night between the tree branches.

Funny thing, George Ure, at his urbansurvival.com blog has written about orbs for the last two days. Here's a letter he received today:

"Dear George,

I am one of the creators of the award winning documentary, "ORBS: The Veil Is Lifting". And, as a long-time reader of your site, I was delighted to see Orbs mentioned yesterday. Orbs are visual evidence of the shift that is taking place and we would like to encourage people to pick up their cameras and have a first-hand experience of photographing Orbs for themselves. To this end, I am sending you some Orb photos and short article I have written with "ORB HUNT" tips.

---

There is a shift happening. The ancients told us this time would come . . . the time is here. Things are different in our bodies, our emotions, the very core of our beings seem to be opening to new possibilities. And so we find ourselves in new territory, needing tools to help us navigate and explore our new paradigm of existence. There are many well-known tools for exploring the nature of existence, such as: meditation, yoga, prayer and fasting. Yet I never imagined that my digital camera would become just such a tool. It has done this by allowing me to capture, in a photograph, a glimpse of a greater reality that is peeking through the veil of our three-dimensional limited way of seeing. What does that mean? It means that cameras (especially digital) are now picking up phenomena that exist in different parts of the light spectrum than are normally seen with the naked eye. These phenomena are manifesting in different forms, but one of the most commonly seen in photographs are round glowing spheres of light called "Orbs".

I first discovered Orbs about eight years ago and became instantly fascinated and enchanted by them. Now, after taking over 20,000 images with Orbs in them, it has become clear to me that there is some form of higher consciousness involved in the phenomenon and that energy of higher vibration is what attracts them. Orbs have been photographed around sacred sites for many years and are now showing up everywhere. I have seen them swarm in photos when live music is played, children are laughing, or friends are joined together. I have seen them appear en masse while someone meditates or sends them love. I have photographed them in nature as well as inside convention halls. The commonality of their appearances is the presence of strong emotion, be it: joy, love, bliss, even grief. Many of us have felt that there is more to existence than what we could readily perceive with our eyes. Yet we live in a "seeing is believing" world that has, for the most part, denied the reality of other worlds and dimensions that are unseen and not easily explained. Now, with the Orb phenomenon, we are actually being able to "see" the unseen, so will people believe? We created our documentary, "ORBS: The Veil Is Lifting", to help educate people about the dimensional shift that is taking place and the Orbs that are showing us the way. The film contains interviews with nine people who have approached the Orb phenomenon from very different angles: from a Stanford professor who consults for NASA to a theologian, from a woman who sees them underwater to artists and healers who use them in their work. Everyone has come to the same conclusion . . . Orbs are conscious beings from another dimension that we can now see."

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
D.Gribble, thanks for posting these! Also, if it were me, I wouldn't worry about abduction in this case. I have read dozens of abduction stories and they rarely involve this type of scenario. Well, maybe the old Betty Hill case (and much sci fi based on such), but I don't think you have anything to worry about. I was a kid on the beach in NE FL in the 60's and a cigar shaped UFO suddenly appeared not far away at the end of the pier that I was next to (and then vanished without a sound or trace a few moments later). So far no abductions (though I did have a few bad nightmares afterwards).

PS: Regarding crying, it's good for you and real men know how to cry!

[edit on 14-8-2009 by whatsup]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.Gribble

Originally posted by stereotype

Tell me your story? Did it act similarly? Give me some details.

I work towards Lake Pleasant. I left work around 10pm this Tuesday and as I got on the 101 from Bell and started heading south, you could see this bright light just west of South Mountain. At first I didn't think anything of it. After passing Northern, and seeing countless planes passing it, this thing was still in the same area. I finally pulled off the 101 onto Glendale
and 99th Ave, pulled out my camera but it was gone.

From a distance, it looked like 2 fireballs. One stationary, the other was going around it.

I've seen Luke Air Force Base drop flares towards Buckeye but THESE WERE NOT FLARES

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I believe that you did see somthing tracking the I-19 Freeway-
I live in Tucson, Az and have Observed the same objects from a vantage point off our I-19 freeway two years ago I was working security at the Pinal Air Base front gate. I made a detailed report of the incident due to security protocol for the airbase. The object appeared 40° above the horizon about seven or 8 miles east of I-19 the time was 3:18 AM. The object from my estimation was moving about 90 to 100 miles an hour. I noticed that the object seemed to be tracking vehicles lights on I-19 from my vantage point I was able to see traffic moving northbound to Phoenix the object moved in tandem with the lights on the freeway. The object was bright off white/yellow in color spherical in dimensions. At 3:20 a.m. the object seemed to slow and slowly collapsed inward till it was unobservable

This post seems like the rudimentary object sighting but with my personal experience I believe he did experience some strange object in the sky. Due to the proximity I am to I-19, I will soon plan my own trip to obtain video footage of these objects and post them on ATS within the next three weeks hopefully; we will be able to obtain much better video evidence of these objects.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Some AZ people seen the same thing a few days back reported it to MUFON and another guy made a post to ATS about it. I seen a brighter light last week but it just looked like a star that three times the normal size and a magnitude brighter. I thought I might have witnessed a supernova or something... Would have taken a photo but it would just looked like the "zoomed in too far pulsating light" effect. Anybody know how to take good digital pictures at night?

What milepost were you at? I can match your skyline shots with the mountains in google earth and it could be a few things.
First guess is you seen some planes taking off or landing. Chandler Municipal airport and Williams Gateway are both in your field of view. Williams Gateway is very active with military and commercial aircraft all the time. Pairs of F14s taking off possibly.

South South East of your field of view is the Santan Mountains. Break light or headlight activity of people coming down the mountain or dirt bikes or OHV.

Further out but not past the Superstition Mountains you have a few places where the National Guard has a ranges for training. They put up flags a few days before they commedeer it for training. It is used by Army and Marines also. Flairs, helicopters, and other weird stuff out there at night. I lived close by in Gold Canyon and travel right through that very range to get to some good 4-wheeling spots. Its off highway 79. I have seen lights hover over the range for extended periods of time.

Good eye no matter what. Everyone should carry a cam for this kind of stuff.

After watching your Video:
I'll retract my headlight guess as the lights are not in the right spot for Santan MT.

I would feel strongly that it is WG airport though.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Arizona is HOT with UFO's right now, Just a week or so ago I saw a MASSIVE red light I thought it was a dieing star way out above phoenix, Here's the thread here someone even has a picture:

Brilliant red light in Arizona:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Gosh, hate to quibble but the details seem off. I10 runs east/west.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I don't understand why lights alone would scare someone. Even if they moved with intelligence. Being scared of the unknown might be the underlying reason.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Unknown lights yes, but why do they keep appearing over phoenix with masses of people reporting them in with the same eerie confusion.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
But I am sure it is just something out of Luke AFB.

If first contact is ever made I am convinced it will be in AZ because that seems to be where the hotbed of activity is.

I lived in Phoenix for a couple of years and crazy stuff went on all the time. The news reporters reported it the same way , and the air force says...
but you can practically her them rolling their eyes in their voice. I saw the 5 or 6 lights that just hung over the city a few years back. I saw them before the news report, and they made my hair stand up. They were strange. Nobody in the city missed it.

I used to go to white mountain refuge all the time, which drove past LAFB, there were always jets flying all over the place. I dunno much about military installations, maybe they do practise a lot. But I also am quite familiar of Andrews AFB and they don't have the fraction of the activity Lukes does. Maybe someone can clear that up.

Why AZ? I dunno. Maybe South Mountain(my husband and I affectionaly nicknamed Antennae mountain) looks like a landing strip.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertarianlady

Coming from Tucson, it runs North/South.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertarianlady

Do you live in arizona? the I10 runs all over, east west south north all over, but if you're coming in from Tucson into phoenix, you'll be heading north, here is a map to set you on the right path with getting your details straight...the area circled in green in where i saw the activity.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by D.Gribble]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
None of your night shots are in the same area as your day shots. Showing both is redundant unless they are of the same area for comparison. Other then that.. could be street lights, helicopters, trucks in the distance as you said. There could be ample reasons as to why the lights didn't show up again when you went out again. Won't guess as to what they are. You need to go out and take shots exactly where you took your night shots. Both still and video.

It's not about your story, but what story we the audience can see.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

was this light to the north?...I saw something to the north similar to that saturday night

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join