It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positively Miraculous

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hi everyone. I found this here story on the web. Thought it was worth sharing.
It's one of those positive, unexplained phenomenas that would be nice to have
see happen more often. Check it out! Actually...HAS anyone had any positive
unusual experiences happen in their life, like this one?

Miraculous Picture
by Gee
In September of 1984, I had been widowed for almost three years and had also lost my mother. My daughter was eight years old at the time and my son six. I was still having a pretty hard time of it, trying to raise kids alone and work and missing my husband very much.
That day was particularly bad. I don't know why especially. The kids were playing outside and Magen's little girlfriend was visiting, too. I was inside cooking soup and making sandwiches for the kids' lunch and trying not to feel sad. But for some reason that day, I was feeling particularly lonely and overwhelmed. I had taken some pickles out for the kids to eat, since they loved them, and took a bite of one myself and when I did, one of my molars broke in half. I guess that was the last straw that day and I just sat down at the kitchen table and started to cry. Trying to pull myself together, I started to pray. I don't remember the exact words, but basically I told my story to Jesus and said that I didn't expect Him to magically change my life or anything, but that I wished He could send me a sign that He was with me and that he Loved me. Because if He could do that, I knew I could live through anything in my life that I had to.
While I was praying I saw, in my mind's eye, my hand reaching out. Then I saw Jesus' hand reaching out to mine and our fingers touched for just a second. I thought that was the whole answer to my prayer and felt very peaceful after that and went back to cooking the kids' lunch. At that moment, my daughter and her friend, who had been sitting on the patio fence came running in shouting, "It's raining Love on the patio!" I thought they were just being silly and told them lunch was ready. But they were persistent and they took my hands and pulled me outside and, sure enough, it was raining Love on the patio!
It was a light, misty rain outside and as it fell onto the cement, it formed itself into letters. I couldn't believe my eyes. Even as I watched it happen, I couldn't believe it was happening. After a few minutes, some of my neighbors came by and they were amazed as well. I ran into the house to get my old camera so I could take a picture of it. But it was so big that I couldn't get all of it into the frame. Then my neighbor's teenage son came by, saw what was happening, grabbed the camera from me, climbed onto the top of the shed and took the picture from there. Twenty people who saw the miracle said that if the picture came out, they wanted a copy. So somewhere out there are twenty copies if they haven't been lost or thrown away. I have just the one picture myself. The picture was taken in the middle of the happening...as the day went on the rain got harder, but no matter how hard it rained, the letters L-O-V-E would just get darker and darker. I even went out after dark and turned the porch light on to see if it was still there and it was, even though the whole patio was soaked. In the morning it was gone. That's me in the picture pointing and my son in the background.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
very interesting..... defintely too perfect to be a coincidence.

i believe some higher being (eg "God") works through manipulating probability, and that is how "miracles" occur. it is possible for them to happen, but very unlikely. like that picture. very unliekly it would happen, but possible....

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hahaha. Very unlikely! And so beautiful wow! Now this kind of awesome experience I would LOVE to hear MORE of! Anyone else?

And the great thing about this is that there IS evidence. The picture and 20 or so even people to witness it. The thing is, you really don't have to have evidence. Just tell it from your OWN experience. Usually life experiences are more strange than any fictitious story that can be created.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Check the gutters on your roof.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ess Why Kay

Now WHAT does that suppose to mean? Hm.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamaraMorgueAnn

Now WHAT does that suppose to mean? Hm.

Take a guess. It really isn't very complex or hard to figure out. Cool picture by the way.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
wow thats an incredible an touching story samara ...iv never heard of anything quite like it. Nice picture too.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If you put certain chemicals (soap comes to mind) on porches, doesnt it do the same thing when it rains?

Ive put stuff on our driveway, or spilled it, and later when it gets wet, you can clearly see it.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Take a guess. It really isn't very complex or hard to figure out. Cool picture by the way.

Mmwaahahaha! Now you're gonna get me hahaha.

O.k ? I was going through all kinds of things wondering what you meant. First I thought maybe hahahaha, that eh, there were aliens cameras planted in my roof gutters. Then I thought, nah! Then I remembered yesterday being outside and there was a bird standing on it that caught my attention by it's singing. And I got lost after that for any more thoughts.

But you said it was simple. So??? What is the actual answer?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamaraMorgueAnn
So??? What is the actual answer?

If you don't check your gutters regularly they will fill up with refuse and overflow when it rains.

(nice story btw)

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ab2tw

If you don't check your gutters regularly they will fill up with refuse and overflow when it rains.

(nice story btw)

How would it make the word love though?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

If you put certain chemicals (soap comes to mind) on porches, doesnt it do the same thing when it rains?

so maybe Jesus was out during the night pouring soap on this woman's porch so when it rained and she was feeling sad he could project the image of hands in her mind and then she would look outside and see the letters form.

oh yeah, that's likely

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Thanks freedom_88, me too. Was I impressed. That's why I had to share it. Something so pretty should be shared.

Originally posted by NothingMakesSense

so maybe Jesus was out during the night pouring soap on this woman's porch so when it rained and she was feeling sad he could project the image of hands in her mind and then she would look outside and see the letters form.

oh yeah, that's likely

Nothing makes sense, NothingMakesSense. Hahaha.
We'll just have to call it a miracle hahhaa.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
paranormal.about.com...

look at the other stories on that website.
Most seem farfetched.

This photo appears to me that the patio is partially cover by an awning or something.
The rain that "blew" in lightly spattered the patio in that area.
And it appears as though someone dragged their feet around to "smear' the scattered droplets together.

You can see where the patio is totally dry obove the word
and totally wet below the word
and there is an area of blown in droplets in the middle

Looks like the Megan and her little girlfriend played a little trick on mommy.
Just my opinion though.
I would love to believe this type of miracle is possible, but this one is too easy to duplicate through ordinary means.
If she believed it to be a sign, I think it was good timing anyhow.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
even if her daughters did so it could still be a sign. Why would the daughter decide to do that at that moment?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngwie
even if her daughters did so it could still be a sign. Why would the daughter decide to do that at that moment?

Now that makes alot more sense, doesnt it--That a miracle occured but was facilitated through ordinary means--That the outcry for help from this woman somehow made it out of her mind through telepathy or something incredible like that to the children.
Raining words just doesnt cut it for me.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
That's a really nice story. Very uplifting, but I kinda doubt it because I was forwarded that story in an email before...

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You weren't suppose to do that haha. I was keeping the website unkown on purpose. I didn't want anyone to read any scary or negative stories today, considering all that terrible terrorist stuff that just occurred yesterday and today.

But thaaaaats okaaaay. Deny ignorance. Everyone should read that reeeeeaaaally scary story where the father and son walk into that house looking to rent...and they get trapped in the basement and the lights go out! And they lost 24 hours of their lives down there, although to them it seemed like 2 minutes. WOO scaaaaary stuff!

(That story is called "Lost Time". Check it out everyone! Wickkkked!)

Click the link above that xxKrisxx left, then go to the bottom of the story and press the blue letters (oops, everyones computer colors are different) that say, "main menu". That'll lead you to those really scary real life stories!

[Edited on 5/12/2004 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
IM sorry! I thought it was just an oversight.
OOps.

Its an interesting site, Im reading the stories now.
I have to say Im more open than I used to be about these things.

You can tell some of these people truly believe they saw what they saw, and thats scary enough.

Everything is perception, isnt it.

I do beleive in paranormal activity. I think it has something to do with balacing the energy of the world to keep it always to equal the same amount. When there is a natural shift in energy up or down, (like great loss of life or catastrophic events)--I think this is when an event is percieved.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx
I do beleive in paranormal activity. I think it has something to do with balacing the energy of the world to keep it always to equal the same amount. When there is a natural shift in energy up or down, (like great loss of life or catastrophic events)--I think this is when an event is percieved.

Wow that was brilliant! And where did that come from?
Cool. I'm CONSTANTLY thinking about balances. Perfect balances and unequal balances and trying to figure out how each one works and what are their uses. You came up with a perty extraordinary way of looking at it. Good point! No doubt that natural catastrophies occur when things get out of balance. Is that like saying people are angry and are venting???
Lots of study needs to go into stuff like that. Thank goodness for computers. Makes it easier.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join