It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Killed Neanderthal, Weapons Test Shows

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

The two lines separated and reunited several times and in several locations. I think from what I've read that European Neanderthals were separated the longest. One could only imagine all types of interactions between the two lineages. Simply becuase there is a split between two similar lines does not mean they cannot reproduce.

Liger-Tigon

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af990b57f9ff.jpg[/atsimg]

If in one location we find peaceful coexistence. Then that proves that in that location they had a peaceful coexistence. The area in question was probably very abundant in natural resources. This however doesn't mean that in other locations say in southern France they didn't have a much different relationship. Hunting the same game and competing for the same resources in a harsher environment would have resulted in a confrontational outcome.

Whose to say that even if they interbred that the offspring's could even reproduce? They may have created a sterile offspring. Also have all the bones been tested?

Neanderthal may have had early advantages in their realms but with a new faster breading group with a slightly more advanced social system and on top of that them carrying diseases that Neanderthal had no defense against was a fatal combination.

A great read for anybody referring to the European conquest of the new world. It's an interesting perspective. I found the video series on YouFlube I will embed the 1rst part.
Guns, Germs and Steel.

I say the largest contribution to the down fall of Neanderthal would have been the earliest forms of animal domestication before the 15000 to 10000 BC mark. We may not have had them "Domesticated" yet but we could have been interacting with them long before the first herders showed up in mass.

These early forms of interactions could of had the same results which later conquered the new world. As per neanderthal it helped spread Germs into the arena of species survival.

We have seen it happen a few times in our own history. At first by mistake then on purpose. Once man realized how powerful it was then it later became a weapon.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My mistake guys, remembering the infected blanket story instead of the wider scale of introducing diseases to the native NA population.

Hey, I picked up hepstitis when I was living in South America - liley from bad water. Guess my immune system coudn't handle what the locals could.

Too laxy to find links, but there are growing questions on the infallibility of DNA evidence. When we start dealing with really ancient laterial thet is incomplete and requires a lot of dot connecting, we can't draw concusions as redily as we'd like to.
I know from contact with one of the major proponentsof the Neanderthal hybrid theory that there has been an attempt to marginze findings that conflict with the Neanderthal as parallel extinct chronology.

There aren't nearly as many remains of Neanderthal as there are of Cro-magnon, so much more is speculation than determined.

Mike

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
No doubt cannibalism came from some point in history...Look at our food chain now- We're known for eating everything we can, especially animals smaller than us. The intelligence level back then was probably less than a toddler as well....whose to say that the humans back then had any control over primal instincts? or had an active conscious to affect their decisions? We're natural hunters and gatherers...It would not surprise me to know we destroyed them all. This was simply nature at its worst.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
From what I gather, the cannibalism aspect of early human history is simply a product of modern attempts at sensationalism. Remains are found, cannibalism is thought a possibility, it hits the press. Otherwise we don't have a headline grabber.

Nothing I've seen indicatrs Neanderthal Man was more or less of a caanibal than any Hominid. Possibly less.

Starvation or ritual traditons may account for cases, as they would even leading up to today.

As a regular practice it is counterproductive on many levels.

Mike

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

hi there hans,

Ok maybe not quite 100k every where, but certainly in the middle east and central asia, and 40K for sure western europe.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Howdy MM

I woujld disagree I would say from my reading that Neanderthal was an occassional cannibal- how often we don't know.

Neanderthal arachaeological site report

Unfortunately the report is written in 'Archaeologiese'

Qualitative and quantitative studies of modifications to the hominid and nonhominid faunal assemblages from the Moula-Guercy level XV demonstrate parallels in processing. The antiquity of modification of both faunal and hominid remains is demonstrated by matrix cover and manganese rosettes superimposed on cut marks, as well as by multiple cut marks crossing ancient fracture edges of refit pieces discovered in different parts of the cave. Only one identifiable Cervus specimen shows carnivore modification.

None of the hominid remains do. In contrast, both hominid and deer bones show abundant and unequivocal evidence of hominid-induced modification. These modifications were studied and quantified according to criteria established elsewhere (4). Cut marks, percussion pits, anvil striae, adhering flakes, internal vault release, inner conchoidal scars, crushing of spongy bone, and peeling are all found on both the ungulate and hominid remains. In some instances, the cut and percussion marks show signature criteria to indicate successive strokes of the same implement in defleshing and percussing (Fig. 2).

There is similar post-discard polish on the hominid and nonhominid assemblages, possibly indicating that occupation of the cave continued after the butchery event or events had occurred. Refitting studies establish that fragments of fractured human bones were spread across 3 m of the cave and were distributed through ~30 to 40 cm of deposit (Fig. 1).

Basically it says that the bones of both animals and Neanderthals were processed for food in the same way. Cervus is Red Deer (Cervus elaphus)

Fig 2. modified bones

Cannibalism has been attributed to Neanderthals for nearly a century (6) and is a recurrent theme in considerations of their mortuary practices. Perimortem modifications are known from other Pleistocene localities, such as Krapina, Vindija (7), Marillac (8), Combe Grenal (9), Macassargues (10), Zafarraya (11), and even Europe's earliest occupation site, the Lower Pleistocene TD6 occurrence at Atapuerca's Dolina (12). Inferences of paleolithic cannibalism have been questioned on the basis of insecure spatial and stratigraphic data, as well as insecure identification of bone modifications. The largest skeletal series interpreted as evidence of cannibalism among Neanderthals is the Krapina assemblage from Croatia (13). The cannibalism interpretation was questioned by Trinkaus (14), who attributed the assemblage to other taphonomic factors. A subsequent analysis of perimortem cut marks on the Krapina Neanderthal bones by Russell (15) led her to conclude that there was: "postmortem processing of corpses with stone tools, probably in preparation for burial of cleaned bones" (p. 381). Both investigators deny any evidence of marrow processing of the Krapina Neanderthal limb bones (14, 16).

The numbers in the quote lead to the reports on those sites which can be clicked on in the original report which is linked to above.

[edit on 15/9/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Someday, Humans will Evolve into All-Brain-No-Brawn Carnivore super genius that didn't just lacks Physical Strength and Mobility, they also Lacks Emotions and Spirituality and dedicated to extermination of other Lifeforms with Over the Top Intelligence and Technology.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
All the species of primates and hominids (except Modern Humans) are Brainless Herbivore Superman.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Human killed Neanderthal with nothing but 10% of their brains is Bull#.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Howdy Masicon

Someday, Humans will Evolve into All-Brain-No-Brawn Carnivore super genius that didn't just lacks Physical Strength and Mobility, they also Lacks Emotions and Spirituality and dedicated to extermination of other Lifeforms with Over the Top Intelligence and Technology.

Hans: That’s one of the sci-fi visions, we’ll probably adapt to the environments we’ve created both on earth and elsewhere. Our emotions are often times controlled by chemicals released into the brain. If the brain gets bigger we may become MORE emotional.

All the species of primates and hominids (except Modern Humans) are Brainless Herbivore Superman.

Hans: Chimps hunt and eat meat but mainly go for plant food

Human killed Neanderthal with nothing but 10% of their brains is Bull#.

Hans: ??? unsure of your point

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join