It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inge Bardor - Story Of An Indigo Child

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Inge Bardor - Story Of An Indigo Child

Drunvalo Melchizedek - Through the Eyes of a Child

OK A lot of frustration regarding these wonderfully beautiful souls some call Indios.
This is a great insight into what an Indigo Child could actually be. Funny knowing in writing this there will be some very negative comments posted (as there always is
) - but for those that want to know and have an open mind on the subject - this is a great start. Enjoy!

My opinion (not that you should care) is she is what she says she is - I can't wait for these guys to step up and out to HELP our collective consciousnesses!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
wasn't the whole "indigo" farce debunked a while back?Lame is the new Indigo,would you have the same admiration for her if she said she was from hollow earth?There is as much proof of that as her being an indigo

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

So you watched the videos - and this is your assumption?

What would change your mind to prove she is an Indigo Child?

thanks!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

proof that "indigo"was either a race,gender,disease,religion,job title or political affiliation.My point is the only one designating Indigos is Indigos.If that works I'm the king of the universe.Yeah for me!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

o....k....

anyone else have an opinion?
thanks!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

sorry about the negative energy, I've been a little out of sorts lately.No offense to you personally.I guess the whole Indigo thing hits a nerve.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I usually like your stuff too, but this is too much for me lol.

She reminds me of the TV show clairvoyants, just throwing things out there.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I think the only real "physical" proof, is those that are 'different" ( I also hate the indigo lable) do not age......so far that is the only thing I can think of that can be proven online, or not experienced first hand.

I also know that when you are born "different" you don't know how you are "different" for a lonnnng time, like it took me 30 or so years to figure it out, but apparently from day pne, pretty much anyone and everyone else seems to know you are "different"...

yeah that is not proof, or offering much, but that is all I got right now....

I drank a pop for the first time in 10 years to test it out, and yeah, it ripped me to shreds so i am a little out of sorts at the moment...my bad?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It's no problem you don't believe this - totally fine.

I am however interested in those that think this has merit - and not a lot of members are posting, so I guess time will tell...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
well, I watched some of the video now......and well, I think there is nothing out of the ordinary there.....because stuff like that I have allways done, so it dosen't seem different to me...but mabey everyone else just hasn't trusted themselves enough to "try" it?

Ambey only some of us do this? I don't know, as that was something normal growing up for me personally, but mabey for someone who has never done that it seems different....... IDK...

kinda like some peole are good at math, so it seems like nothing to them, but someone like me who isn't the greates at math thinks they are amaizing, or like some people playing the piano incredibly seem amaizing to those who can't? Make sense?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The "indigo label" is a new-age meme of the 21th century. It is a new name for something very old. I do not like the way this idea is exploited to sell books, to approach fragile people and make them believe you know who they are and what they have to do.

There are no more "indigo children" today than before. It is just that they were not called like that before.

According to the various sites I visited, they mention Indigo children may have the following "abilities" (symptoms)

-ADHD
-Hyperactivity
-"Insights"
-Highly spiritual/moral/ethical values
-High intelligence

Well according to this description, I and many other people are "Indigo". Excepted that I'm not a child anymore, and I don't think I'm a starseed or something like that.

During my life, I felt the same as those children ; different, like "from another planet". I searched a long time to find what was that difference.

A few years ago, I found the answer from the TV serie "Prison Break". I know it sounds silly but if I remember correctly the hero has hyperesthesia (increased sensitivity), good memory and "different way of thinking" which is sometimes labelled as "higher intelligence".

I found that those symtoms were quite the same as mine. Those symtoms are just those that you find for someone who is defined as "gifted" as you name them in the U.S. (named "high potential" in my country).

The problem with those "gifted" people, is that it is not something easily accepted that someone would say he is more "gifted" than other people. Because it may seems arrogant, egocentric. So this term is pejorative today.

But the fact is that humans are all differents :

Some are small, some are tall.
Some are strong, some are weak.
Some are left-handed, some are right-handed.

Well, the same applies for the brain. Some people have different abilities, or use their brain differently. They are those you call "gifted", those that were called before "smart", "geniuses", etc... I don't like those terms because it always seemed too arrogant from me to say that I'm different from others because I think differently. It took me 25 years to accept that it is a fact, but I still don't like to say it.

"Gifted" people refers to approximately 10% of the population. They do not have a quantitatively different intelligence (higher IQ), but qualitatively different. Like the "wiring" is different. The tend to have different thought schemes than the majority of people. This is why they are labelled : "different", "excentric" and seems to have answers when others have not.

Here is a list of traits applicable to a gifted person (note that those traits are applicable to anyone, but seems to be more extreme for gifted people).

-Hyperesthesia
-Highly susceptible, touchy
-Curiosity
-Great imagination
-High sense of justice, ethics
-Great capacity of observation
-Weird sense of humor
-Tend to be with older people

You see the connection ?

What they call Indigo children, is something that existed for ages. There are no more people like this than before, it is just that we start to accept to speak more openly about "gifted" people. People that think differently, with a different thought scheme than other people.

It is ok to say that people that have Dow's syndrome or Autism think differently, but it is not ok to say that other people that are not "handicapped" may think differently than the majority ?

When the public will broadly accept that those persons are not "more intelligent", but just "differently intelligent". That this is not something that is better than being "normal' (being "gifted" is also a curse : feeling that you are not like others, prone to stress, suicide, lack of self-esteem, school problems,...) but that is something that exists and that is ok to discuss about. When people will be more informed about this subject, then we won't need anymore to invent things like "indigo children" to talk about it.

[...]

[edit on 14-8-2009 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
[...]

To all those here who feel that they are "Indigo", that their kids are ;

I do not judge you. I understand it because myself I searched for answer during 25 years. And I too read about those Indigo people and identified myself with them.

But I just ask you one thing :

Read more about the subject of "gifted" or "high-potential" persons. Try to find other sources, less new-age, more scientific. I don't ask you to believe those other sources, just to read them.

Eventually, you will find that "Indigo" children is just one label among others. I don't say this explanation is true or false, just that it is not the only one.

Personnaly I found that YES I'm different, think differently, have strange insights, like to watch the stars and read sci-fi novels, but NO I'm not a messenger of the dawn of a new consciousness (though I would gladly be if possible) or a starseed (in fact, strictly speaking, we are ALL children of the stars, because our atoms come from the stars).

So once again, please do not close yourself to more "earthly" explanations to those different abilities and keep an open mind. the "Indigo" theory is not the only explanation. (and I too keep an open mind that PERHAPS this Indigo story is in fact true
and that I'm here to enlighten the rest of the world. It's just that for the moment I think we all are. We all have to make this place a better world)

[edit on 14-8-2009 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
the label "indigo" is nothing more than a label - do not let that bother you.

There is a reason why people use the objections about the label against the whole phenomenon of indigo children: People are afraid. Afraid that the ego loses the grip over their life, this comfortable sleep people seem to not be able to give up. The comfortable hell, being afraid, enjoy hollywood, culminate hatred... Indigo is not so much about psychic powers, the real message is much more simple. Peace and self control and dismissing the ego for a better world. Sure that is far-fetched and unpractical and it comes from children, so the old ones will block it off just as they always do. Nevertheless, the whole esoteric agenda, including indigo, is simply spot on. The world needs a new conscious and they know it and they fight it.

Do you really think this show was scripted? Honestly? To me, the girl seemed to be absolutely honest, she could never do a show like that. She just read with her mind, that's what she is able to do.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I actually fit aspergers syndrom much better than indigo, and like the aspergers lable better if I HAD to define things by something...but it IS still a lable, and lables confine things to one little box, and no one fits into exactly the same box as anyone else no matter HOW similar they are.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Also to conclude, I do not wanted to make it look like there is ONE type of personnality which is called "gifted", and that is VERY DIFFERENT from the majority of people.

In fact those traits, personnalities are usually more blurry, mixed together with other traits sometimes called "disorders". What you find in this world is people who have a combinations of traits from the following "thought personnalities" :

-"Gifted"
-Asperger
-Autist
-"Normal" (thought scheme of the majority of people).

It is not 10% of people gifted, 90% normal. Everyone has a mix of those "thought personnalities", and sometimes, some people tend to be more on one side than the other.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
OK maybe i should think why I think this is legit:

this guy Drunvalo Melchizedek has a fairly good rep from what I see - yes he sells books and dvds - yes it "looks like" a TV show thingy - but the fact this guy has represented this, means a few things.

a. he believes this and doesn't know it's real
b. they are all in on it as a scam together?
c. Its legit?

I lean towards c and that's why i posted it - so far the favor has been a i guess.
Thanks for all comments so far

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Thank you WZN. As usual, very interesting post.

I'm thinking, as some others have mentioned, it is the term "indigo" that puts people off.
That label is almost inflamatory on ATS, lol.

So, rather than think of this lovely young girl as an Indigo Child, I prefer to think of her as a young lady who quite possibly has a gift that many of us find intriguing, yet so unusual that it is also confusing, and yes, maybe a little difficult to take at face value, because it defies what we understand to be true.

It's not very pleasant to think a group of people like this would intentionally try to deceive. But there appears to be verification among the audience that she is getting much of her information correct.

I mean, who really knows? I simply know that I enjoyed it very much, and either way it was a good experience for me.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I agree Indigo is now a term used in the negative, much like they spin ETs as "little green men" - it's actually a great way to muddy the waters of clarity.

Glad you liked it, I thought she was hyper sensitive - and the funny part was she could never talk to a boy due to the fact - she knew exactly what he was thinking! -and if you look carefully, there are a few times when I believe she is picking up those 'vibes' from some men in the audience.

but then again, men are men - and a pretty girl walks by - you know it's only natural...

Thanks for your comment (as usual)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Yes, I like the way she talks, and the ways she describes people and things. She does have a little *something extra*. Ordinary people would not be very good at this, unless they had a script memorized ahead of time.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
If these Indigo Children are so smart and so much higher spiritually etc...why don't they do something to improve the world. But I guess even for an Indigo sitting around on the internet telling people you are an indigo, than actually doing something. Oh, hey! You can do things without being an indigo? oh em gee

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join