It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's New Safety Cops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Obama's New Safety Cops

www.newsweek.com

On July 31, 12 federal agents raided a facility in the suburbs of Salt Lake City, seizing $2.7 million dollars worth of finished product and numerous 55-gallon barrels of raw materials. These were not narcotics officers taking down a meth lab, however. The raid was led by the Food and Drug Administration, and they were after skin-care products.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Really you all should read this article! It is insane to me.

It may be more alarming than reassuring to learn that Hamburg's speech was so remarkable to veteran FDA observers. Though she laid out some procedural changes to streamline enforcement, the core message of her speech was that, "a strong FDA enforces the law" by regularly inspecting food and drug manufacturers and taking swift and visible action when violators endanger the public health. One would like to think this has always been the standard operating procedure for the country's top consumer safety agency, not a radical new idea from a commissioner just confirmed in May

what is going on here so now if you own a small business Obama’s FDA can clame you have dirty floors and seize your assists correct me in im wrong here please.

www.newsweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Soon every bueraucracy is going to have "officers" and be capable of carrying out intrusions without a warrant or any good reason.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Didn't that used to be called the gestapo? America is burning.

What next?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CapsFan8
Soon every bueraucracy is going to have "officers" and be capable of carrying out intrusions without a warrant or any good reason.

Im not worried about the FDA in general I am worried that instead of fines they are raiding places with police. What is that about? Perhaps the FDA has dry skin?

[edit on 14-8-2009 by ashnomadonte]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

This is the agency that approved donald rumsfeld's aspertame. I wouldn't trust them with a butterknife.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

HAHAHAHAHA!
oh... ok I 100% agree but the question is did they use law enforcement or was it the FDA that did the raid can you imagine FDA agents flashing badges

Did 4 out of 5 dentists approve of this?

top topics

join