It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Practicing The Positive Occult.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by vegno

Most things in life have both positive and negative aspects; magick is no different.
As too with 'Godly' beings; for example Yahweh.

The mechanisms of occult ritual practice are neither positive or negative; it is only the intent that the adept employs during these workings that determine weither they become positive or negative.

Of coarse negitivity is employed by other factions that may not share your beliefs; designated religions utilize this aspect, and demonize their opposition to keep their members from straying.

That brings in a whole other debate on what one percives as wrong a nother percives as right.Which begs the question is good and evil in the eye of the beholder or is there something that is overal always good and something that is overal always bad. Which that brings in on how you percieve the deed. Im sure we can all bring up examples of this so there is no need for me to do so but I guess what im trying to say is do not let others tell you what is good and what is bad you have to find those out on your own.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by vegno

Most things in life have both positive and negative aspects; magick is no different.
As too with 'Godly' beings; for example Yahweh.

The mechanisms of occult ritual practice are neither positive or negative; it is only the intent that the adept employs during these workings that determine weither they become positive or negative.

Of coarse negitivity is employed by other factions that may not share your beliefs; designated religions utilize this aspect, and demonize their opposition to keep their members from straying.

This is true, but it's also dependant on what is called upon, who the people in the ritual are working with, what energy are they utilizing etc.

At the OP, there is a great amount of good and more importantly reliable books in certain shops and on the net. Whilst it is good to read up and learn, be carefull about what you read and try etc.

The old saying, when the student is ready, the master is found should be remembered.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiritfilled

So, since demons are self-destructive, is it not possible to use demons to do "God's work"? That would make them double, double-crossing fun. I'd think it should be obvious.

Not that I buy your evaluation that God's work cannot be used as you please but demonic power can. There really is no separate power. That's why there is no inherent black or white magick. What you actually get is what you cast upon the waters.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Obviously even Jesus recognized that demons had some worth and deserved compassion - he offered them a swine of pigs to go into, did he not?

Seems to me it is mostly Christians who are straying that get plagued by 'demons' .....so perhaps in some ways they are positive forces - for Christians - with a purpose of setting them straight and shoring up their faith.

If they were really evil, they wouldn't be scaring people back into the church, would they? Unless.... Oh well, I won't go there.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Why would anything positive be 'occult', meaning 'hidden'? Good works are done in the light, arent they?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The 5th
The old saying, when the student is ready, the master is found should be remembered.

I have found this to be especially true and it has occured for me, repeatedly, almost as though being passed from one hand to another at each hurdle. The master can have been right under your nose too, but until you get to that point of understanding you can't actually appreciate them for what they are. It is essential to endeavour to strip away your conditioning, to return almost to your child's mind, give up your fears (which drop away with each layer removed, though some are a little harder to shake off than others lol), and become completely raw and exposed. The more exposed I am, strangely, the clearer my vision becomes, it is only at that point you start to realise the powers and you can see how you, personally, can harness them. The rest is very much down to intention, as far as I can see it. Depending upon your eventual goal/goals, will depend upon what you are drawn to. It has been highly self-centred, for me, and I have had to resist feelings that I am being self-indulgent, but until I had complete faith in myself nothing good came from it, the results were muddled. Again, personally speaking. Also, I have found that you need to be one hundred percent clear in what you ask for/do, if you have questions niggling at the back of the mind they will influence outcome. With that in mind, I have found that anything with 'emotions' involved is best avoided.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo_Serf
Why would anything positive be 'occult', meaning 'hidden'? Good works are done in the light, arent they?

Depends on the reason of it being hidden. It is old knowledge and on various times in the past religious institutions went on a rampage torturing and killing the ones practicing positive rituals, so even the positive can be occult (hidden) without it being harmful for anyone. And it is the reason that many of the formaly occult is getting back into our cultural experience, just look at reiki for an example of something where you would get burned for at the stakes just a few hundred years ago and is now (re?)gaining popularity in the western world.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well that like what Crowley did. He brought witch craft anf jewish mystisim into the mainstream but be careful when looking there are alot of fakes and people who are in it just to seem cool. These people will end up getting you hurt. I had a friend who studied hermectic magic and he thought it was all a game till his life came crashing down and he damn near commited suicide because he couldnt take it anymore. SO please be careful some people mean well but dont have the right training to practice.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TevashSzat

Crowley is quite a funny guy with a wicked sense of humor you could say. What he wrote was meant to confuse and beguile the inexperienced and profane into doing stupid things.

Really, I guess it's not much different than religous texts like the Bible that are Satanic when interpreted at a mundane level but become "brighter" as higher layers of meaning unfold to one's own unfoldment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join