It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vick, Eagles agree to 2-year deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Vick, Eagles agree to 2-year deal

sports.espn.go.com

Quarterback Michael Vick has signed a two-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, his agent, Joel Segal, confirmed to ESPN.com.

Vick arrived in Philadelphia Tuesday morning and remained there Wednesday evening. The Eagles will hold a news conference on Friday morning to announce his signing. The first year of the deal is for $1.6 million with an option for the second year at $5.2 million. Vick can also earn an additional $3 million in incentives over the two years of the contract, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I knew he would be signed, just not this quickly. Do you think he has served a sentence commensurate with his crimes? Will he be able to handle the heat many fans will pile on him? Do sports figures have a responsibility to be role models? I for one can't understand pitting one animal against another for sport.

sports.espn.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by maldronath

He paid his debt to society. Let's move on and let him move on.

Now I hope the Eagles don't try and change his play style like they did with McNabb.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
should be on BTS

'nuff said

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think there is conspiracy here that deals with the judicial system. How can one player kill somebody by drunk driving and get 30 days and Vick gets more time for being part of dog fight?

Doesn't make sense.

Stallworth drew a 30-day jail sentence and reached an undisclosed financial settlement with the family of Reyes, who was leaving his job when killed.

nbcsports.msnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'll post from a person who lives in Philadelphia and has been a fan of the Eagles his entire life.

I'm not going to stop rooting for my team, but I am ANGRY at what the Eagles did here...

What a real schmuck move...

The guy's garbage.

A so-so player before he went to prison, and after three years, is going to be useless.

Besides, no, his time for his crimes is not enough and never will be.

He was involved in dog fighting! He was involved with executing dogs if they couldn't perform!

The guy's garbage.

NOTHING LESS!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

The judge gave him his punishment. His debt was payed, as per the law of the land.

As for his play style. I like it. It reminds me of old school McNabb before they turned him into a pocket passer.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yeah, he's out.

Playing football, though, is a privilege, not a right.

He had a job when he got out of prison.

Goodell is a piece of crap. Lame commissioner who needed Vick back in the League...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Here's to hoping he has a career ending injury on his first day of practice as well as hoping the Eagles go 0-16!

Just to clarify, I don't want him maimed for life, just bad enough that he cannot play professional sports ever again.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I literally see this player as something lower than human. He's a thug and should never have been allowed back in the league.

I bleed green and white during the fall, but dammit if the eagles don't continually test my loyalty. They consistently say they look for strong character players and they keep picking up people who are morally reprehensible.

I guess I won't be rooting against them or anything, but I sure won't care a bit if he loses his ACL on the first snap.

Here's hoping it doesn't come back to bite Philly on the back end, but we all know it will.

new topics

top topics

join