It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any ghost seen wearing period gear from the 70's ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
You always hear about ghost being seen in victorian, mid evil, old western , army fatigues, lumberjack uniforms, etc....

Why are there no ghost seen in tank tops, bell bottoms and disco platform shoes ?

Surely folks died in the 70's right?

I know why, because people are brainwashed into seeing ghost wear the stereotypical clothing that has been propagated via the media.

Just like when the media first called a UFO a "flying saucer", everyone started seeing saucer shaped objects even though they weren't saucer shaped.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Neat look to it.

I would love to see a ghost of that black guy from Dazed and Confused. That big ole afro.

You never see ghosts with afros.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Nope, but I've seen one from around the Great Depression, 1930s era. He was just stuck in time, reliving his final moments. Timid old guy.

And I've seen one wearing contemporary clothing from the 1980s, IN the 1980s. He'd only been dead six months or so.

Normal colour, both of them

except their legs faded out below the knee

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

The 70s were slow. How about a ghost with 80s big hair?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Neat look to it.

I would love to see a ghost of that black guy from Dazed and Confused. That big ole afro.

You never see ghosts with afros.

lmao! That would be funny. Or seeing any kind of disco or funk related ghost would be hilarious!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

photobucket.com...

If I see this guy as a ghost (probably not dead though lol) I'd be very surprised.

Why are all ghosts white people, Well I guess their are some japanese ones and asians, IE, The Eye (japanese version).

But the ghost is a very classical image. A guy in a business suit, or Scrooges old friend hackles in all.

I want to see a ghost with a beard like charles darwins. That'd be neat, or sideburns like General Burnside.

That, that would raise my eyebrows for sure, but I think many people would see past it ultimately if it had those characteristics.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Wouldn't a Black skinned ghost be harder to see because of the color contrast?

Maybe they are there but just harder to see than white skinned ghosts.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
reply to post by Republican08

Wouldn't a Black skinned ghost be harder to see because of the color contrast?

Maybe they are there but just harder to see than white skinned ghosts.

Fine then, Indians? Asians? Mongolians!

Their not to dark, they should be seeable, although I think ghosts work as a brilliant neurologist once said.

We will sometimes mistake a shadow for a robber, but we will never mistake a robber for a shadow.

We see something and the mind is corrupted when we miss parts of it.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Of course there are ghosts seen of all skin colors and from all points in history. Most of the ghosts that I have heard about in the south have been black. It seems the only ghosts you've heard about have been on TV or movies.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bagari
Of course there are ghosts seen of all skin colors and from all points in history. Most of the ghosts that I have heard about in the south have been black. It seems the only ghosts you've heard about have been on TV or movies.

True...

Although I'm in Texas, and I've never seen a ghost.

Known few people who have, and were mentally inadequate to put nicely. And prone to a dangerous imagination.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Originally posted by bagari

True...

Although I'm in Texas, and I've never seen a ghost.

Known few people who have, and were mentally inadequate to put nicely. And prone to a dangerous imagination.

Same here. I live in ca and never seen a ghost. My parents claim when I was a kid our house was partially burnt down 50 years before, and my room was burnt and that a young girl died in the fire. They claimed they'd come into my room and say I'd be talking to someone, and when asked I'd say I was talking talking to a little girl that looked ike "she was from the 1930s". I don't remember this and I don't trust my parents because they are drunks!!

I have buddies that claim they see ghosts but they arent exactly stable people. My wife and I have studied the occult and paranormal together for over 11 years, and weve never seen anything or had a weird experience. But still, its interesting stuff and fun to study.

new topics

top topics

join