It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learn The Magic Word; That'll Change The World!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Just watched this on a continental flight... this thread reminded me of it!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

When I was in my teens and trying to pick up the ladies... I noticed as much as I was good looking
most girls were just wanted to be "friends". It pissed me off... so I did a bit of research and learned something I never tried before...

Growing up my parents always told me "smile and be positive (doing that made me say "yes" a lot more)" well that works in an ideal world (where everyone is honest and real)... but we don't live in a ideal world. So I tried something new... I smiled inside, but on the outside I was neutral and learned to say "NO" a lot more.

I noticed a HUGE shift in my personality, it had NOTHING to do with being negative by saying no (that's just some BS people shove down your throat when you're growing up, "social deviation"). It actually teaches you to build your personal boundaries. By saying "NO" to things you don't like you notify yourself/people around you on what you like and don't like.

Over years of this now, my confidence and self boundary has increased dramatically. By saying "NO" without guilt, made me a stronger man within. I am becoming a whole as I discover my personal boundary, thanks to the magical word "NO".

Keep speaking the truth within you and it shall set you free and change the world around you, into an honest and potentially ideal world. Thank you for reminding us all of this word..... NO

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just say no- Nancy Reagan

No way-Wayne's World

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blackhatchet

That was a funny clip. I heard lots of No's, and also how to balance it out.

reply to post by freighttrain

When I was in my teens and trying to pick up the ladies... I noticed as much as I was good looking most girls were just wanted to be "friends". It pissed me off... so I did a bit of research and learned something I never tried before... Growing up my parents always told me "smile and be positive (doing that made me say "yes" a lot more)" well that works in an ideal world (where everyone is honest and real)... but we don't live in a ideal world. So I tried something new... I smiled inside, but on the outside I was neutral and learned to say "NO" a lot more. I noticed a HUGE shift in my personality, it had NOTHING to do with being negative by saying no (that's just some BS people shove down your throat when you're growing up, "social deviation"). It actually teaches you to build your personal boundaries. By saying "NO" to things you don't like you notify yourself/people around you on what you like and don't like. Over years of this now, my confidence and self boundary has increased dramatically. By saying "NO" without guilt, made me a stronger man within. I am becoming a whole as I discover my personal boundary, thanks to the magical word "NO". Keep speaking the truth within you and it shall set you free and change the world around you, into an honest and potentially ideal world. Thank you for reminding us all of this word..... NO

Hey, I couldn't have said anything better myself. Excellent thoughts.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
self edited.

[edit on 8/14/2009 by Missing Blue Sky]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I also saw this thread over on What Really Happened a few minutes ago.

I hope some more media outlets will pick it up to help get the word out.

Really it's not that hard to take our counrty back. No?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I wrote a little poem to celebrate the success of the Noing change.
Here it is, I just created it after seeing the 40 flags achieved in less then a day.

Know the No

No, no one noes
It is time though, that we should start noing
From the silent know the loud no should be proclaimed
Know the no
No the know
Two sides of the same coin
This coin that was given to us before we were born

Everyone hid their coin in their naked pockets
as soon as we listened to the outsiders voices
Those terrible lessons that were thought to us
how to build unnecessary and damaging blockages

Our conscious was tricked
into believing that the well of wishes
was just useless fiction
But our subconscious, our true self, cannot be tricked
it hid the coin for us, noing that the voices knew nothing

Now we have realized
That the well of wishes and the coin are
one of the same
Throw the coin unto itself
Name your wish
And observe it come true

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Hey, I'm glad to see you back; you've been thinking about NO!

It's an amazing word. I'm glad you wrote a poem about it. I think I put this on twitter, and digg. I was amazed that it made wrh.com; as they are widely known.

To watch these town hall meeting's go hay wire is incredible, and to further that all the people have to say is; "No, to big brother; we want our country back"

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I'm thinking of trying to create that logo I told you.
I'll take the day today to play around with photoshop and see if I can come up with anything.

I'm eager to start real activism. After I have the logo I'll print hundreds or even thousands of copies and start giving them to random people in the streets.

I don't mind spending a bit of money for that.
I think we should have a website or something like that of which we could attach to the logo. That way people that were curious could get to NO more.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Gandhi is a great example of just saying "no" - it's called passive resistance. One ex, when the British were taking Indian cotton to England & then selling it back to the Indians, he said "no." He got people to spin their own cotton & not let the British do that.

If we would all just sit down & refuse to play along anymore, then things would change.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Ok, - I'll move from lurking mode into posting mode again and insert my curmudgeon version:

NO
pissoff
you & everyone that acts like you & the horse you rode in on.

I feel empowered again.

Like a Network deja vu.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'll bite Sancho! My personal fave.......

How 'bout no!

And my source of course...

My sincere apologies to all crazy Dutch bastards.

And this hale and hearty fellow seems to like no...

I say yes to no Sancho!

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Hemisphere]

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Hemisphere]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm loving the thread Sancho!!!

NO, I will not be vaccinated.
NO, I won't stop growing my own vegetables.
NO, I will not support ANY illegal wars.
NO, I do not believe the lies that our government keeps feeding us.
NO, I will not stand idly by as our Constitution and nation are systematically dismantled.
NO, I would NOT like fries with that!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I gotta say NO....I don't understand your post.

YES. This thread is a waste of constructive time.

YOU. and others like you may not want to take this kind of argument to a Native American.

I'm sick of you folks whimpering about taking back YOUR country.

Rethink your arguments and choice of verbs.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
No, I have Rights.

No, you cannot make me shut up; I've got the right to speak.

No, you cannot take my guns; I've got the right to bear them.

No, do not think you can use my house; I live here, not you.

No, I will decide to let you search me when you produce a lawful document.

No, I will not incriminate myself; I shall remain silent.

No, the tribunals are admiralty law; I want a trial by a jury of my piers.

No, litigation by a Judge; I will have a jury by my piers.

No, I insist you let them go; your charge is excessive, and unfair.

No, that is violating my rights; because it is not written doesn't mean it's not my right.

No, I am the boss; You work for me.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

I agree, it's a great post Sancho. And I like your No list mprieb81, even the one about the fries lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
NO has such a negative connotation, it has been an abused phenomena since early childhood where we are trained to tune it out, and so will the vested interests of whom you choose to change.

Try saying 'yes' for a real change, Yes.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by maninthemaze

Wow, you really don't understand!

Lets see if I can help.

We are raised in a culture of fear in which we learn that we have no choice.
We are taught to be judges and victims so that we forget about our true power.
It is time for a change in the way we behave and perceive our world.
It has nothing to do with the country, it has to do with each individual, with each human that resides on Planet Earth.

Do you even know what it means to be constructive? It seems like you don't understand that concept either since you are basically repressing our expression just for the sake of it without giving back any interesting information.

I would LOVE to take this movement to Native Americans. In my idea they could very well help with the propagation of the message. I think they would be down! I actually think they know a lot better then us about the no. We could probably learn a lot from them to make this movement work even better.

No is not a verb.

Rethink your world.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i love this,thats why i give star and flag.
im such a good person im easy to manipulate and mooch from,but its time for NO

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Wow great poem! Can't wait to see your logo. I think this is a great opportunity to spread the word.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join