It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

175 million dollar give away in NY, blank check for welfare families

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This was probbaly the best use of welfare. The folks on the dole didnt have to use the typical middle-man routing to get drugs or toys they generally have to do with their stamps and EBT.

More efficient wastefulness.

It's like they just figured they'd stop lying and pretending the system is worth anything but quick cash for addicts.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
After a man has fathered a child who is supported by the state, he should be sterilized. No need for these idiot gangbangers to run around impregnating every woman they see while we have to pay for it.

not all welfare recipients are single mothers who's children are the result of gangbanger trysts.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

If not all are, then some are. Every little bit helps. Gangbangers or not, men who father welfare children need some sort of moderation.

[edit on 8-14-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

reply to post by redhead57

Forty years ago mom made clothes for me and my three brothers from curtains, blankets, and other materials donated to the church because my dads pay in the air force was not enough. We did not have a television until I was a teenager. It sickens me to see generation after generation of folks with their hands out. There is a woman who is a friend of a friend who scams the system for $3500.00 dollars a month in benefits. She is single and lives the high life. She always drives a brand new pickup truck and never is at a loss for gas money.

Autowrench:
I too remember having school clothes made by my Mom from materials found around the house, and we didn't have TV until 1958, when my uncle, who worked for General Electric came to visit and brought one for us. We cooked over wood fire, and grew our own vegetables, and got by on a coal miner's pay. There was no Welfare to be had.

Now days some people live quite good on Welfare, and not to be racial, but a lot of these people come from below our Southern Border. In the Indiana town I lived in up to 5 years ago, the illegals ate like kings, and drove new SUVs, and lived in homes that were once owned by middle class folks. They would get hundreds of dollars each month, plus food stamps, while the rest of us scraped by on what legal citizens got. We packed up and left the State because of this. Just recently I have taken steps to get us off Welfare completely. Don't get me wrong here, some people really need Welfare, and could not live without it, but some do not need it, I know one woman who is collecting Welfare and working two part time jobs, plus dealing pot from her home, and she is a lot richer than I am.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Thats very true, but given the exponentially greater rate in which blacks are on some form of public assistance, and given that around 7 in 10 black children are born into fatherless homes, a compelling case can be made that a large number of recipients are in fact single mothers whose children are the result of gangbanger trysts.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Here is a novel idea....
If each city and each town in each state, set aside a large chunk of land....everyone that applies for welfare has to plant seeds,rake and hoe the crops, tend chickens, feed and raise livestock on said piece of land. They clock in and out to log their daily hours worked and are paid a reasonable fee to help with bills...they eat from the crops they helped raise, eggs from the chickens they tended, meat for the freezer , and milk from the livestock they helped raise... Wonder how many people would find that inviting!

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Boy am I glad that I don't live in NY.
Wow, who'd have thought they would buy big screen tv's and game systems? Gee, I don't know, anyone who's ever known one of these lifetime crooks, that's who!!!! Yeah I know one, at least, unfortunately, she did the very same things everytime she got her lump money from CS from my Now Hubby(she's the ex with two children from him). We lived in NJ she collected this lump sum twice once she took a trip to NY and the other time she went to Great Adventure and we had the kids both times. When will these government officials wise up???
Wow....I just have no words for this kind of stupidity.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAftermath
Welfare reform is desperately needed.

2 quick fixes:

Mandatory drug tests every month

Mandatory birth control injections for anyone receiving any form of public assistance.

People will whine and scream about how unconstitutional forced birth control is, but remember this: No one is forced to go on welfare.

There is absolutely no logical reason not to do this. Allowing someone to crap out more mouths for the taxpayers to feed is not only wrong, it should be illegal.

Limit welfare to 2 months (its unconstitutional anyways), and then start putting people out on the streets.

People will quickly find out their free ride is over.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by TheAftermath]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Greenize

After a man has fathered a child who is supported by the state, he should be sterilized. No need for these idiot gangbangers to run around impregnating every woman they see while we have to pay for it.

Sometimes it's the scumbag woman who uses the man to get pregnant and runs around cause she's a cheap W**** and drives that father out of their life themselves by being a cheating skank...and this is more than half the women on welfare, It's mostly their faults the guy left. This coming from a woman who's dealt with a skunkbag ex on welfare from before me, she(that same ex of his) is still is running around trying to get knocked up(in fact had another baby with a second guy) just so she can milk the system. And He (her ex) is still with me 16 yrs and we have three children together, this is always what he wanted a family she was just a scuzzbag...I could give you a million other stories just like mine...from other second wives' or baby mama whatever you want to call 'em.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

and make them sit on jury duty. I hate jury duty.

unemployed? sit on jury duty. earn your gov't cheese.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Lol...the reason they can't do that is because they'd probably know the defendant. Most of these people have ties to criminals, or are one themself. No justice would ever be served then.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Amen to that! Now that is a great idea!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
Here is a novel idea....
If each city and each town in each state, set aside a large chunk of land....everyone that applies for welfare has to plant seeds,rake and hoe the crops, tend chickens, feed and raise livestock on said piece of land. They clock in and out to log their daily hours worked and are paid a reasonable fee to help with bills...they eat from the crops they helped raise, eggs from the chickens they tended, meat for the freezer , and milk from the livestock they helped raise... Wonder how many people would find that inviting!

On another note with this idea... for those people who are on welfare temporaily, and are not out to rob the system, this idea might even re-establish a sense of pride in the recipient. They would be glad to do the hard work. There are those out there I am sure that have to get on welfare for a bit that are ashamed of the fact.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Here is a novel idea....

On another note with this idea... for those people who are on welfare temporaily, and are not out to rob the system, this idea might even re-establish a sense of pride in the recipient. They would be glad to do the hard work. There are those out there I am sure that have to get on welfare for a bit that are ashamed of the fact.

Yeah I think your idea is the best yet. I think I'd pay to go watch them do this... especially if I could go to NJ and watch this lol.
Then they'd have MORE surplus revenue.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
How sad to see this thread deteriorate to a racist rant about gangbanging baby daddy's.

With the motto of ATS being Deny Ignorance how sad that the stupid and tired stereotypes fly around here with such levity. Very damned sad if you ask me!

I suppose all the people on welfare in the rural areas of NY are undercover inner city gang bangers!

People, fraud is fraud. This fraud was not committed only by blacks, it was a fraud committed by a portion of those on welfare not EVERYONE! I grant you the more unsavory types are more than likely the ones raping the system, but is the stereotypical bs really the best discussion we could have about this????

My focus was the irresponsible manner in which this money was allocated. How difficult would it have been to print out vouchers for clothing and school supplies? NOT VERY! Retailers around here would have been salivating to have those sales, but for Patterson, doing things the right way is not his forte!

My fondest wish for some of you is to see you loose your jobs, have your unemployment run out and your savings drained. I bet your butts will run to get some food stamps. When are intelligent people going to get past old tired stereotypes???? Sadly, never.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I see a lot of abuse by welfare in my business so I can sympathize with most of the viewpoints presented here. But there is another facet to the problem. One writer mentioned dental health as a roadblock to people getting jobs. There are other roadblocks to life progress that are just as bad as having no teeth. One of those roadblocks is the typical business databases available today.

Even small business today has access to a wealth of information from data mining services at a very low cost. Did you know that even medical information is available on many people? I personally know of one very qualified woman that was in the process of being hired by one company -- until they found out she was a breast cancer survivor. Imagine how difficult it would be for someone with a history of drug addiction (or a police record) to land a job paying above the poverty level. These data mining businesses are life crushing and dream crushing to their victims.

If you want to see people succeed and achieve personal growth, the playing field has got to be leveled. Remove the social safety net without real opportunities and these people will turn to various crimes. Just a matter of time....

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by praxis

Believe me, I have seen plenty of abuses sadly much of it from my in laws and it makes me sick!!!!
But I have also seen people, many people use their money to pay bills and provide the basics to their families until they were able to find work. It is so unfair to lump every person that is on Welfare or Food Stamps into some ridiculous archaic stereotype. Most of the people that receive Food Stamps are employed, BTW!!!

You make a valid point about the difficulties that face people with a less than stellar history in trying to get a decent job. Credit checks alone knock many people right out of the running. A person with any sort of criminal record has a terrible time finding any sort of work at all, and this is a part of the recidivism problem in our prison system. Before anyone flames me I said PART, not all by any means.

Now there is some silly rumor going around about some $1000 grant that is supposed to be going to people on assistance and off. I don't buy it after the huge screw up this nightmare was.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Thank you...a voice of reason!

I do think that making people do something to receive their benefits is a grand idea, it sure works here in Monroe County! It has given many a recipient here work experience that they were able to use to find real employment and get off the system for good.

When will people realize that a minimum wage job only keeps people in need of assistance? When a person does get a low paying job and puts in an honest week of work but doesn't have enough to feed their family they still have to be put down. I guess that judgmental people will always have an axe to grind even when a person is trying very hard to dig their way out of poverty.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

We have a very conservative county and the people here are not going for the free ride that many areas are.

Gee can we get your county government to replace the bozo in DC? Please Please Pretty Please

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

When a person gets a minimum wage job and still comes up short for bills, the answer is another job, not the taxpayer wallet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join