It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government corruption at your backdoor.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
We all know how corrupt our government is ,Patriot act,Free speech zones ,I.R.S. Federal Reserve.etc .We see all this on a National and Global scale but I wanted to tell just how corrupt it is right here in my home town (locally).We have the neighbor of Hell seriously.I know the following sounds unbelievable and theres two sides to every story and you will only be hearing one ,but i swear im telling the 100% truth for what its worth.So heres the story I'll Try to keep it short. We had a neighbor move in a few years ago. It was a man a women a.k.a satan and there 10 yr old autistisc child,(I point out hes autistic for a reason).We slowly became friends with them not best friends but still friends.We would watch there son from time to time and she would make small blankets for us as gifts ,just typical neighborlly things.We always thought she was kinda weird but no big deal this is how things were for about a year.My step dad has a really big elaborate garden ,well the lady next door was obssesed with birds she would pour out 50 gallon bags of bird feed everywhere,needless to say these birds were destroying our garden.My step dad ask her to please stop with the bird feed in such great amounts.This is when all Hell broke loose she from that day foward was our enemy.I could go on and on but im gonna try to keep it short.She literally just makes up off the wall storys and calls the cops and presses charges for them .she ran around telling the whole subdivision that my step dad molested her 10 yr old autistic son but dont press charges for until 6 months later(seems like you would do that right away).This has happened about 10 times just totally made up storys and never had to prove anything (she never shows up for court for the charges that dont get thrown out right away)that one of us get arrested up for everytime.The only way we could get her to stop was by making up things to charge her with and get her arrested.Anyway the whole morale of this story is not which one of us to believe,but the fact that you can have anyone arrested for anything,and everytime the victim has to put up 250 dollers and sign a property bond and miss a day of work to get out.You can do this over and over to someone here in (Livingston parish Denham Springs Louisiana) you can literally destroy there life until they catch on and start doing it back to you,which you still cant stop them but just destroy eachother. I ask the bail bodsmen how is this legal he said it sad but its true. "Innocent until proven Guilty is bull**** " Is this goin on in anyone elses home town?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by trey85

Yeah. That was a depressing read.

But for what it's worth, it doesn't really sound like government corruption,. I sounds more like the American legal system at work. Anyone who EVER thought that you are innocent until proven guilty in this country is sadly mistaken.

You are guilty until proven innocent. Yeah, yeah, I know all about the burden of proof being on the accuser and all that stuff, but what was explained in the Op is just the way it is. I can make up a convincing, life changing accusation, sign an affidavit and press charges.

ya know, I might get in trouble for filing a false report, unless I can prove I'm just a nutjob, but in the meantime, you're sitting in jail. If you can't afford the bail, you're in there until you get arraigned. If there is sufficient grounds for trial, you're in there until your trial.

Our justice system leaves a little to be desired, but I guess it beats having your arms, hand or head lopped off....or being stoned to death. (no, not the entertaining kind of stoned..the one with rocks...no, not THOSE rocks..the heavy ones...that hurt your head when they smash them into it.)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I hear you loud and clear!!!!

I had a horrible neighbor at my last apartment, she was nuts. One evening my grandson had made a mess and gotten a ton of cracker crumbs all over the rug. It was just about 9:00 pm, not that late, and I ran the vacuum for all of 3 minutes to pick up the crumbs. Well, this woman who called everyone in the building if they laughed too loud, but argued with her live in man all hours of the night. She called me and when I told her that I was not in the mood and was done with the vacuum went berserk. She came out of her apartment with a butcher knife up to my door and was acting so crazy she scared my poor grandson who is only 4 so bad he would not come over until I moved.

I called the cops and do you know what they told me...if I insisted on pressing charges they had to take me to jail along with her and let the judge work it out in the morning! The 911 operator heard the woman threatening to cut me, but the cops said I would have to go to jail if I wanted to press charges!

Needless to say I have finally moved, thank god. I know exactly what you mean about the legal and law enforcement system it is a joke.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Interesting read but I'm gonna assume the position as the grammar Nazi..
please paragraph your writing as it would make it much easier to read.

but I agree with the people above me, its more of an American justice system problem rather than a straight "government corruption" issue. Yay bureaucracy!

[edit on 13-8-2009 by zetamafia911]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhead57

I called the cops and do you know what they told me...if I insisted on pressing charges they had to take me to jail along with her and let the judge work it out in the morning! The 911 operator heard the woman threatening to cut me, but the cops said I would have to go to jail if I wanted to press charges!

What exactly were they going to charge you with? Disturbing the peace for running your vacuum? I'm really glad I live in a house, my kids are so loud we'd STAY in jail.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I understand what yall are saying about American justice system but isnt the government the root of our American justice system .Anyway thanks for the comments

top topics

join