It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Costs of the Health Care bill not talked about!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I have been reading and listening to all of the pros and cons on this health care bill and I have a few observations for both sides on some of the costs that no one, and I mean no one, has even tried to address. If they pass this bill and take out the public option for buying and maintaining your own policy within the system it will bankrupt the insurance companies. I would imagine that many in the insurance industry will loose their jobs as insurance companies go broke because of lack of clientele.

Somebody in this new government single payer system must do the grunt work of the claims and payment and investigations for these new services. People will say " Well, the government will just hire all those that worked for the companies to do that work"! That will most likely be the case, but now not all will find work with the government, not only are we the tax payers paying for the cost of the plan itself but we will also be paying the salaries and benefits to this very large new government employees bureaucracy. They will gain all the advantages of those benefits and pensions which will be added to the costs of the plan. I do not believe that the cost predictions we have seen of the single payer plan is even bothering to mention the labor costs involved. Those costs always expand when it has to do with government labor.

There are some where in the neighborhood of 3 million working members directly and indirectly attached to the insurance industry. I have a feeling that less than one third will be hired by the government. That's another two million people that will eventually loose their jobs. Not right away but still that's another large upheaval for the labor market. Just where are the jobs for these folks that will most likely have to retrain to get another job. Another cost that is not included in this take over of one fifth of the economy now.

There are so may other hidden costs to this health care takeover that have not been discussed or even thought of. They aren't interested in actually researching just what the real human cost involved in this power grab !

This needs to be fully vetted before this plan is considered in Washington. There are all too many loose ends with this to even be considered and voted on.

Zindo

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Also, think of the human cost of these poor people who will now be forced to work for the government. A place where they will be trapped and cannot grow and will just devolve into the behavior of some poor uneducated kid just out of high school.

They will spend their lives like every other government employee where eventually they become bitter and angry. We have all seen it on our trips to the DMV and every other government agency. They will be forced into a pathetic existence where nothing matter but covering their own asses until retirement. There will be no room for innovation or cost cutting in an enviroment where increasing your yearly budget is the main goal.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by HotDogNoBun]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

You bring up a very good point my friend.

I also keep my ear to the ground and have not so much as heard it mentioned except that people don't want to pay the extra cost.

What if we all of a sudden get 40% of our paychecks.

That'll start a revolution eh?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

In your signature you mention Norman Thomas. You do know that his son, Evan Thomas another closet Communist, is the editor and chief of Newsweek magazine!? Is it any wonder we are being deluged by those that wish to destroy this republic?

Zindo

[edit on 8/14/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by breakingdradles

In your signature you mention Norman Thomas. You do know that his son, Evan Thomas another closet Communist, is the editor and chief of Newsweek magazine!? Is it any wonder we are being deluged by those that wish to destroy this republic?

Zindo

[edit on 8/14/2009 by ZindoDoone]

HOLY CRAP

I did not know that.

These are the facts that the public needs to know.

new topics

top topics

join