It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Tone-Deaf Health Campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
online.wsj.com...

Obama's Tone-Deaf Health Campaign
By DOROTHY RABINOWITZ

It didn't take chaotic town-hall meetings, raging demonstrators and consequent brooding in various sectors of the media to bring home the truth that the campaign for a health-care bill is, to put it mildly, not going awfully well. It's not hard now to envision the state of this crusade with just a month or two more of diligent management by the Obama team—think train wreck. It may one day be otherwise in the more perfect world of universal coverage, but for now disabilities like the tone deafness that afflicts this administration from the top down are uninsurable.

Here is the Youtube video of Dorothy talking about how tone deaf the Obama administration is, and how they are ignoring the average American sitting at home.

She is actually talking about something we heard many, many years ago...the Silent Majority.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think this directly relates the other Thread you started about how Obama is a narcissist. I noticed she stopped short of calling him that, but that is what it looks like what she was implying in the interview.

Obama can't understand that he himself is at fault for the failures of his policy plans and because of it - it puts us all in danger, because he is willing to sink the ship because he can't cope with it.

Good OP Star and flag from me.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think the biggest thing Obama and gang don't get is that this is about more than just healthcare. I really feel that if this was a good economy, people would be less willing to complain about the healthcare plan.

Prices are rising, people losing houses, cars, jobs, stress, etc. etc.

It just isn't about healthcare.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Some of his plan makes good sense. Page 776 (?) talks about the cutting back on the over breeding of the poor. Any democrat or republican would certainly agree that the poor can't go on breeding like they have. Obama, being both black & white, knows the number of poor people must be reduced so the rest can enjoy more.
(ha ha)

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Doctor G

Some of his plan makes good sense. Page 776 (?) talks about the cutting back on the over breeding of the poor. Any democrat or republican would certainly agree that the poor can't go on breeding like they have. Obama, being both black & white, knows the number of poor people must be reduced so the rest can enjoy more.

Maybe the "poor". as you call them, don't put the same emphasis on material goods as you obviously do. Saying that they should have less children so you can have more goodies, is not only judgmental, but ILLOGICAL. If they are poor, they obviously are not taking your "precious" material goods that you seem to enjoy so much.
For many of us, wealthy or not, perhaps it is our children and grandchildren that we enjoy MOST. Many people are poor in material goods but rich in spirit. Personally, I think you need to do some serious soul searching with your attitude towards those who don't have as much in material wealth. They are human beings, not some non-productive eater, as Doctor Death Emanuel calls them.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I think this directly relates the other Thread you started about how Obama is a narcissist. I noticed she stopped short of calling him that, but that is what it looks like what she was implying in the interview. Obama can't understand that he himself is at fault for the failures of his policy plans and because of it - it puts us all in danger, because he is willing to sink the ship because he can't cope with it

You are absolutely correct. Right now, Obama is a dangerous animal, because he is cornered and severely wounded politically. Anything is possible now.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I think the biggest thing Obama and gang don't get is that this is about more than just healthcare. I really feel that if this was a good economy, people would be less willing to complain about the healthcare plan.

Absolutely. Americans feel that no one has been listening to them. Their elected representatives have not represented them at all, but rather they have only represented the lobbyists that are paying them off. They need to all be voted out.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Every single American should enjoy the same health care that members of Congress get. No more. No less.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Every single American should enjoy the same health care that members of Congress get. No more. No less.

Too bad that they don't feel that way. Somehow, they think they are better than the rest of us.

new topics

top topics

join