It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to Dust off the Muskets?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is a serious question.... With everything going on, are goverment not listing the dollar on its way to the crapper, our voice falling on deaf ears, Dems and Repubs highjacking our congersional seats, big buisness and Unions choking the death out of Anericans, 535 Congressmen and Senators running a nation of 300 million, the consitition being shreded over the past 9 years....

Is it time to dust off the muskets grab the gasden and head to DC? Or do we continue to let them do as they do and allow them to continue? Is it possible to even get good people in DC anymore?

'What do you think?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
This is a serious question.... With everything going on, are goverment not listing the dollar on its way to the crapper, our voice falling on deaf ears, Dems and Repubs highjacking our congersional seats, big buisness and Unions choking the death out of Anericans, 535 Congressmen and Senators running a nation of 300 million, the consitition being shreded over the past 9 years....

Is it time to dust off the muskets grab the gasden and head to DC? Or do we continue to let them do as they do and allow them to continue? Is it possible to even get good people in DC anymore?

'What do you think?

Having been a part of the counterculture of the 60s and 70s, I think you should take a deep breath and lower your blunderbuss.

It's never been a perfect set up. The notion of a revolution to make everything right is very alluring, very romantic but in truth, you need look no further than the US Civil War to get a grasp of what it means to really take it to the streets.

Don't misunderstand this to say that our Constitution is not worth fighting for... or that it would hurt for Washinghead to understand just how serious we are taking their fun and games. But to enter into a civil insurrection is no small matter. people will die, on both sides, and the ramifications can well be felt for decades, if not centuries.

If and when you pick up the gun, make sure what you are asking for is what you want... and that what you want is something worth your life.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Star and flag

I like the question you pose....

it's obvious that a collective conscienious is developing in people these days; an enlightning period...

who knows...just maybe...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I find it funny that people are just now getting upset about the government with Obama in office when they let Bush do what the hell he wanted for 8 years.

Why now?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
A proper revolutionary would have kept them dusted and maintained indefinitely.

As far as the question goes... No, I believe that time is not yet come. The people are angry yes, but still very disorganized. If a revolt were to start it would be incredibly messy, mostly the people versus one another.

Only when we can nearly guarantee it is only us versus the government is the time right.

Keep talking, keep teaching however. Keep the people wheels turning, if enough people are paying attention perhaps the revolution we be a bloodless one.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
I find it funny that people are just now getting upset about the government with Obama in office when they let Bush do what the hell he wanted for 8 years.

Why now?

First off, where have you lived for the past 9 years? You don't remember the assassination film on Bush? You don't remember the hitler moustache on Bush? You don't remember the vitriol in the media on a daily basis on Bush? You never read the threads ON THIS SITE about Bush?

Obama gets bashed and everyone boo - fracking - hoos.

Man up!

He's getting slammed a hell of a lot less than Bush ever did only because the MSM still gets "chills" running up and down their legs when Obama is mentioned.

-snort-

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It reminds me of the guy dancing by himself in the video...until another, then another, and then a whole lot of folks danced with him.

The trouble is, as long as it's only one or two dancing, you will be singled out, ridiculed, vilified, demonized, incarcerated or shot. A slow steady flow of one or two at a time would never be sufficient to prompt change. They would be cremated faster than they could show up to dance.

It would take a very large number at one time, so that the safety of each would be a little more secured. Your odds of being silenced, ignored, detained or injured by those you speak out against increases dramatically as your group gets smaller.

There would have to be a completely overwhelming number simultaneously. I think once you get in the neighborhood of half a million or so, your voice starts to mean something to those you are surrounding. As long as it's just Ma and Pa dustin' off their muskets and marchin' on the hill, they are 'crackpot, right-wing nutjobs.' Put a couple hundred thousand of them there at the same time and you might just get taken seriously.

Dustin' 'em off is fine, and recommended, but showing 'em to someone else right now, prolly aint too smart. We're all gonna need each other later. best not get yerself snatched up.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Why now?

this is what i dont understand, although the economy wasnt AS bad with bush, but it sure was heading that direction. i personally disagree with the level of government ownership of this country i.e. banking, auto, and soon healthcare. we the people, of this country should own it, not the government owning it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist (
) but what if this is what they want? They can't just TRASH the constitution, they need a reason to do the things that we theorize.

What if they are poking the "hornets nest" just so they can chop down the tree in which it sits?

[edit on 13-8-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Not quite the muskets, but it is time to practice something a very wise man taught me. Civil disobedience in combination with the word NO. We use this on the national level on a small grass roots level.

Using Civil Disobedience may not be as exciting as shooting people, or dying being shot absolute, but it is much more productive.

star, and flag for a great PEOPLE POWER THREAD

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Who do you plan us to say no to? And when/where?

Your idea makes no sense to me...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Why now?

I think it's more of 8 years of Bush and then Obama promising change and then turning out to be more of the same.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

I could make elaborate lists of who all, but it is simple.

You, and everyone You know learn to say NO to all forms of restrictive, oppressive, and totalitarian government policies, or actions.

In fact always say NO to them. Do NOT acknowledge a govt. where they practice Taxation without representation as we have now.

However, it may not be easy, or cool, but it is better than absolute kill, or be killed revolution. It's more powerful too.

Is it easy??? NO ..... see the word is addictive.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think the Op was being sarastic, but with a valid point....

The title was just stating that we need to unite and fight for our Rights....
( the one or two that we still have left)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Autowrench:
I wonder this too, sometimes. There was a time when men would take up arms, and march on Washington D.C., or fire on one of their outposts. There was a time that grievances of the people could be heard by Congress, and the Senate, and the Supreme court. Now all of that belongs to Special Interest Groups. We are taxed, but have no representation in government.
Sound familiar? We have the power, people, and we have warned the powers that be too......

Listen to this man, I think he speaks for a lot of Americans. We the People are not, let me repeat, we are not helpless. We are a heavily armed nation that drinks and does drugs and smokes pot. We watch TV, but we also have computers. We have website like this one. We begin to learn things....to find out secrets, so you read a few books, and talk to your friends, what I am trying to say is, word gets around pretty fast now days on the internet, and if something happens, someone will whip out a cell phone and take photos and video of it. It is getting really hard to hide anything from we the ones who seek. The powers that be are running scared, but they are still pushing their agenda, never say die seems to be their motto. The evil ones, the Bankers, and the Lawyers, and all those who have sworn allegiance to the 1933 bankruptcy of the united States. We are ruled by a central government that cannot, or will not hear us. We ask nothing not already ours, we gave you those powers, and we can take them back. You can be fired, and your assets can be seized. I do not want to see the blood of good Americans stain the ground again. But Freedom has to be!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I feel that yes, it is time to dust them off and keep them maintained, if you haven't already.

However, as is mentioned, it isn't the time to march just yet. The masses aren't quite ready yet but I don't see anything that is stopping it from the near future.

People have been calling for it since late last year, and even up to a few months ago we were called crazy. The idea isn't looking so bad now, is it.

No, the government will key the revolution and they will only realize when it is too late. Sadly, the point of peaceful protest is long past, simply because of the fact that not only due they ignore us, not hearing out pleas, but they mute us from the rest of the world, scandalize us and demean us until we mean nothing.

Be ready. It all depends on how big the final shot is, and how many people finally stand up and say no. That will be the cue.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

This is getting real old by now. Obama is a liar, he lied to those who drank the kool-aid and he has lied to the world. End the war,how many votes did this lie get? Do you see any signs of an end? Its easy to do, just do it. Transparency in government. Do I really need to go into this one? Change we can believe in? He was right on this one, I cant believe in the change he envisions. The man is a liar, a narcasistic liar, like they all are.
Its time you opened your eyes and dealt with facts, the man is a fraud hiding his past,it was worth nearly a million dollars to him in order to hide his past,he must be ashamed of something and or hiding something huh?
For your info I've been pissed or got pissed when nafta was passed and I've been getting madder every day. One over the top marxist is about all I'm gonna stomach, NO YOU CANT not while I'm still breathing,you can take your change to Cuba and spend it there I think I'll keep living under a constitutional republic or die defending it. DONT TREAD ON ME, I'm angry and packin venom in half ounce doses.Its about time to water the tree of liberty and thats all I have to say about that.

[edit on 8/13/09 by nickoli]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Linkys broke,I'd like to see the video can you fix it? I cant get the embed thingy to work to well niether but I can get informed.
Its a good thing the net lacks the ability to transmit stench because what I've learned on the net these last five years or so has the terrible odor of treason attached to it.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

'What do you think?

It's never been a perfect set up. The notion of a revolution to make everything right is very alluring, very romantic but in truth, you need look no further than the US Civil War to get a grasp of what it means to really take it to the streets.

I recommend that anyone is thinking of "jumping the gun" watch
the movie "The Patriot" and realize how ugly it will get.

Get prepared for bad times, get other ppl awake, and do not
draw attention to yourself by acting a fool.

Lists of names have been in place for awhile, you can see
that some ppl are on the no fly list that do not belong on it.

Naomi Wolf is one.

Until most of the ppl see it your way, you will just painted as
a domestic terrorist and you will be demonized and marginalized
and most of all likely dead.

Same for anyone with you.

Your best bet is to prepare, and talk to lots of ppl, and help them
see what is coming, but do not beat them over the head with
the evidence, let them come to their own conclusions.

I like 9/11 press for truth as a starting film, if you can start
milder I recommend it.

Americans can be a lot like mules, you will get further with the carrot
than the stick.

Once you get a small group, make a bugout plan just in case most ppl
are not ready, and head for the nearest remote wilderness or family
or friends land you know you have access to in the time of a crisis.

Too few are willing to do anything at this time, any that stand up
now are just going to be quickly done away with.

Americans buy enough guns in 90 days to fully outfit all Chinese and Indian Militaries

As you can see thou, ppl are getting rdy.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Why now I saw asked,Well because they have gone too far expecting us to pay for the company's they bailed out .Cap and trade and this insane Health Care bill that will cover illegals.BTW I wasn't a Bush fan either but what they are letting the O get away with is nuts! Again not because hes black (I'm a big Alan Keyes supporter) The media loves this monster and ignores the common folk who pay them. Something is in air and another civil will probably happen.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by RoseD1st]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join