It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 Fighters of All Time!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
1. Muhammed Ali.
2. Jack Johnson.
3. Joe Louis.
4. Rocky Marciano.
5. Mike Tyson.

There have been many great boxers who missed out; Larry Holmes, Lennox Lewis, Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Ted 'Kid' Lewis, Jack Dempsey etc, but I think at their prime those five reigned supreme inside the ring and were known throughout the world.
True Greats.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
So am I the only one who thinks George Foreman belongs on the list? 40 - 0 with 37 KO's before he lost to Ali, then lost only 4 more times after that. He's gotta be the strongest hitter of them all. He was a monster.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I gotta go with Ali. He was made to fight and had all the tools.. Period.

However, pound for pound, I'd be much more scared of fighting Tyson. That guy could decapitate anyone who wasn't ready for him. His wingspan put him at a MASSIVE disadvantage too. He has stubby little arms, but he snuck homeruns under people's guards all the time.

I think the real reason Tyson had such a short heyday is because of the people he let surround him. You're only as good as the company you keep, and he messed up on all counts there. In fact, I believe I saw a documentary that said he was a pretty good kid growing up, but he was always simple and simple minds are easy manipulated.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
well kimbo slice does not warrant a place in the top 5. not by a long shot.
for my top 5 it will be all mma guys as i feel mma is superior to boxing.

in no order my top 5 is
fedor emelianenko
kazushi sakuraba
rickson gracie
vanderlei silva

scratch what i said about all 5 being mma. 4 mma and one greco wrestler. to round out my list i take alexander karelin

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
There should be a hottet fighters of all time.......
California kid baby!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed4d1504f6c0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I was never much into boxing.. I'm a little into UFC.. But greastest fighters of all time?

Only Bruce Lee comes to mind. Hopefully this isn't boxing only.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
That I ever watch:

1. Roy Jones
2. Sugar Ray Leonard
3. Floyd Mayweather
4. Wilfredo Gomez
5. Oscar de la Hoya .....there I said it

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Tyson does not belong in the top 5 he got killed by Lennox and Holyfield

1. Sugar Ray Robinson seriously how could he not be seen as number 1? If you don't have sugar ray down as the number 1 of all time then you don't know sh!t.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
reply to post by Dr Love

Tell me that Tyson couldn't have knocked out BUSTER in the first round. I have no inside info, don't pretend to. BUT. I think that the murderer named Don King (And yes King did murder somebody - do the research) told Mike that people were getting weary of spending big bucks to see a 1 round fight. I believe that King told Tyson to just take it to the jaw for several rounds to give the audience a show. Face it. Tyson would have absolutely destroyed him in a real fight. But after you let someone who can hit you, and Douglas got into the ring for a reason, over and over it will take it's toll.
Yes. I am still a believer that if the demons stopped chasing Tyson, and he had real human beings behind him, there would be NO ONE who would discredit him.

Tyson completely overlooked Buster he was not in shape and barley trained notice how in that fight Tyson's corner used a ballon filled with water to bring down the swelling. Thats because they didn't bring any cornor equipment they really didn't think it would last 1 round.

Buster on the other hand trained his arse off and his mother died right before the fight so he was fighting for her.

If Cus D'Amato would'nt have died Tyson would have been an all time great.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

in no order my top 5 is fedor emelianenko kazushi sakuraba rickson gracie vanderlei silva

Fedor needs to stop being a moron and get a deal with UFC. The reason he didn't get the deal recently was because he demanded that the promotion be split 50/50 with M-1 Global. That's like the NFL agreeing to splitting a promotion with the XFL (remember that!). I am not saying he is not a great fighter, but come on.

Sakuraba is a beast.

Do you mean Vanderlei Silva or Anderson Silva? Vanderlei got his butt kicked by Rich Franklin.

What about Miguel Angel Torres as your fifth mma fighter? He may be Bantamweight but he has a dominate record and just needs another chance with Bowles.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

it's not that fedor is being a moron. fedor wants to be able to compete in combat sambo and dana white wants fedor in an exclusive contract.
thats the situation with that. the heavy division in the ufc sucks anyway. fedor would clean it out. i am looking forward to watching him rip apart josh barnett.

yes i meant vanderlei silva. he has taken some beatings but i think he is still one of the most dangerous strikers out there.

sakuraba is my all time favorite though even though i think he should have retired long ago

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join