Wow! Great thread!
1) Tyson. In his prime he was simply GREAT. No socks, no robe, just a towel with a hole in it over his shoulders. The way he RAN, and I mean RAN
across the ring at the sound of the bell to destroy his opponent. Remember the Spinks fight? I've never seen anyone admit openly how scared they were
of their opponent. Spinks went on record showing his fear. Then he went down in 93 seconds. How about against Razor Ruddick? Tyson hit him so hard in
the body that he literally lifted him off the floor. Tyson under Cuss Dimato was utterly the unstoppable force. If not for Robin Givens, and Don King
he would without a doubt be the scariest, best, greatest fighter of all time. Check out this video
Tysons Knockout reel
2) Ali. What can you say? He brought boxing into the lime light. Yep. He claimed to be the greatest. He just might be.
3) Hagler. That man was an animal in the ring.
4) Jones Jr. - WOW! What a fighter.
5) Marciano. Talk about a tough son of a gun who only wanted to win.
There are so many more, but that is my top 5.
[edit on 19-8-2009 by lombozo]