It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's First Six Months' Accomplishments

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
For those that are for or against! Here is a good site that has tracked Obama's promises from campaign promises to today's promises. It seems to be unbiased.

www.politifact.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

I think you missed the subtleties there, perhaps if he had added: /sarcasm to the end, you would get why it is called 'Accomplishments'. It was apparently meant in a sarcastic frame.

I caught that sarcasm just fine. I don't even disagree with some of it. I thought my wording was better than calling it a PACK OF LIES AND UNBALANCED SPIN.

What do you think? Which reads better for you?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Here is a link to a web site that gives the pro's and con's of Obama's promises from pre to post election. It seems to me that they are unbiased.

www.politifact.com...

hmm reposted because it disappeared???

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Guzzeppi]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
A real list of Obama's accomplishments

1) Set in motion the closing of Guantamino (please excuse my poor spelling) bay prison
2) Allow funding for further stem cell research
3) Help turn an election in Lebanon from being a definitive Hezbollah win to a win for peaceful pro-western parties
4) Reaching a hand out to Iran, thus taking away the one big excuse the Iranians had to tell their people. Obama didn't cause the Iranian revolt, but he did cause people to want reconciliation with the US and thus vote for Mousavi
5) Pass a big stimulus that is helping to save the US economy (most predict positive growth in 3rd and 4th quarter of this year
6) Get us the closest we have ever come to much needed health care reform, as well as a public option that has proved successful in places like France, who are rated as having the best healthcare in the world
7)In general, vastly improved the US's image abroad, from Africa to Latin America to Asia to Europe
8)Engage in skillful diplomacy to get two reporters who were hostages in North Korea out of North Korea
9)Extend unemployment benefits
10)draw down troops in Iraq
11) Increase troop levels in Afghanistan while implementing an aggressive new strategy
12) passed legislation that helps people who are in foreclosure
13) got GM and Chrysler through a speedy and productive bankruptcy
14)end use of torture
15)first president to try and solve israeli-arab conflict once he gets into office instead of at the end.
16)Pressures Israelis into removing checkpoints, contributing to growth in West Bank economy
17)Then fairly pressures Arabs to provide concessions to Israel (even if Arabs refused)
18)Sends in marines who save heroic ship captain from Somali pirates
19)Establishes closer economic ties and dialogue with China

and more I couldn't think of off the bat and more in time to come

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cynic121

Thanks for your list.

Obama has done some good things to help us all, but like his predecessor has fallen way short.

Points 5, 6,9,12, and 13 for instance. How is all of this being funded? By us, and we will be paying the price in the long run by a tax increase. Do you own a home? A business? Someone has to pay for the spending spree and there is only one way I know of to create revenue and that is taxes.

Point 19, is a must because they own most of this countries debt. We must do a lot of arse kissing to back up all these loans. China could bring the dollar down tomorrow if they so choose. The delay may be because they hold a lot of US dollars, but they are liquidating them.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Guzzeppi]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Not the same as bowing down

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by upnorthtrip

I must admit, that should go down as a classic post!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by verastyle
k people are going balls to the wall listing really redundant,useless, bias, lists of "facts" Like the good majority of epetes list was just some god awful smeer of loose generalities. Im not on anyones side just before you just blindly post things on the net as fact check them out, I bet half of the people here don't have the slightest clue of why they wanna re-volt and blame take action on obama, not even his administration who is really in control, but just him. Some things you even listed are beneficial to obama just slurred around to make it sound bad, like "Over the past few weeks we have learned Obama is not a christian." - thats a good thing, betetr than a president who'll openly say its god's purpose that we go in iraq( good ol' christian bush)

It's ok to be riled up about the government and there actions, but don't throw the blame for the decades upon decades of decay this united states has been goin through soley on one guy. Many wanted changed and he is giving it, some for better some for worse there are gonna have to be sacrifices.

And don't fall prey to the divide and conquer strategy that has been plaguing us since the arrival of rep's and dem's. Look past the fall boys( w/e administration is present in office) and look toward the people that are running them, the ones that control the federal reserve and all our lively hood.

I'm just afraid this is going to turn into a revolution targeted towards the wrong people. it's getting more apparent day by day that they( mass media) are enticing these emotions to revolt. I'm starting to get worried by the fact that a revolution would benefit the hidden powers that be. I mean think of it what a better way to dupe america into thinking they are fighting and earning there freedom. just a thought, educate your mind never let anything slide by you as fact even if it benefits your cause.

because what a better way to control people than to think they are fighting

The "powers that be" are trying all they can to regain what they have been loosing with the obama admnistration.
Power.
Only a blind cannot see it,and people are falling into their games.
It's a shame!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guzzeppi
reply to post by upnorthtrip

I must admit, that should go down as a classic post!

Definitively classic

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well jeez, I can start with 1-7 are uhh... well frankly ridicules, none of which have any tangible effect on anything that concerns me. Now ideologically I can see why you oppose these things... But objectively most things on the "list" convey opinion and infer one take
of an event, not the full conclusive outcome of the event, never mind prove or lead to negative results...

Now there are a few gems on there where result can be rightfully attacked, however when compiled in a list of silly out takes, it makes the entire package appear dull and childish.

Smells like "he's, he's and ARAB", "terrorist"... etc...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974

Originally posted by upnorthtrip

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by Revealation

I'm trying to understand why people consider this propoganda.

Because anyone can take things out of context to further their own agenda ...

For example, did you know that GW is in love and having an affair with the Saudi king?

It's true.

[edit on 13 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

Not the same as bowing down

NO, but a hot shower, kneepads and a couple sips of Merlot seem to be the next logical step

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

The list definitely came from RIGHT field. No argument here and yes there are a few key points that could result in a negative direction for this country if gone unchecked.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Guzzeppi

Semper Fi!!!!

Eye of Eagle

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guzzeppi
reply to post by mental modulator

The list definitely came from RIGHT field. No argument here and yes there are a few key points that could result in a negative direction for this country if gone unchecked.

Certainly - so if people have valid concerns they should state them less all the, the,
BS...

This is why it is very hard to take the decent seriously- its called driving past the money, one does not need to stack on every fart to disagree with the current odor.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shades1035
He is ending the war in Iraq that was based on lies from the Bush administration and resulted in approx 800 000 civilians dead and thousands of US soldiers dead and wounded.

Really? That many dead? Got a source?

Originally posted by Shades1035
He has already made progress in fixing the economy screwed up by the republicans. There are signs of recovery

Once again, really? Remember, the democrats have been in control since 2006. I guess that was some sort of underhanded Republic trick, right? Get the Dems in power so they'll take the blame?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
Reply to post by Guzzeppi

You forgot to add that he eats kittens.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Sorry sir but you are mistaken...

You left out the B and focused on the negative

correct way is -

Obama beats and eats kittens

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
Obama beats and eats kittens

"Obama introduces the world to alternate food sources!!" is how that would be heralded in the press.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join