It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's First Six Months' Accomplishments

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Right & Left are both the wrong direction.
If we could all meet in the middle maybe we could move this country ahead a step or two.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Honestly, IMO, Not too bad.

Thus far he hasn't declared any unjust / unnecessary wars costing THOUSANDS of American lives.

U.S. Troop Casualties - 4,325 US troops; 98% male. 91% non-officers; 82% active duty, 11% National Guard; 74% Caucasian, 9% African-American, 11% Latino. 19% killed by non-hostile causes. 54% of US casualties were under 25 years old. 72% were from the US Army

Source

People died when Bush lied.

Try to find some good in his efforts instead of bashing him. He is striving to SAVE lives (via Healthcare Reform) not unnecessarily DESRTOY them.

Besides, It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think this whole thread is political trolling... how is it that ATS hasn't deleted it? It's a bunch of spun, half-truths, made to make the current administration look bad and/or instigate a political fight.

This is stupid, and I didn't even vote for Obama.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yes, you're right, but we can't look into the past. It's already happened.

We have real problems right now, and many people want to openly revolt instead of working together to find a solution.

Bipartisanship is the key here. If we can all come together to focus on a plan that works well, the country will fare better.

Insurance lobbyists and right-wing nut jobs (I mean real NUT JOBS) ranting how Obama is nothing more then a Nazi is not helping anything.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
he's screwed up some things (and what president hasn't?) but the harshness of this list leads me to believe that these statements don't ring quite as true as they are just twisted, manipulating "facts" written by some kind of Rush Limbaugh hell spawn.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

Hi Avarus, there is political spin on everything these days, but it is up to us individually to distinguish fact from fiction. I have my blinders off, do you?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Not YET. Iran is on the brink of nuclear weapons. They will have the ability to make 1 to 2 nuclear bombs by year end. Israel has promised it will not stand by and let Iran procure nuclear weapons. They will be at the brink of war by years end if the IAEA don't stop them.

isis-online.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by corusso

I agree with you very much so. The dems and repubs are ONE in my book. There really is no separation of the two after they are elected to office, not until election time. There needs to be a new party established in this country. A party that is CLEAN from political corruption, but most importantly a party that can become strong without being swallowed up by the MSM and Washington. Ross Perot was the last to come close.

The dems and the repubs are just plain DIRTY!

Guz

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
He is ending the war in Iraq that was based on lies from the Bush administration and resulted in approx 800 000 civilians dead and thousands of US soldiers dead and wounded.

He has already made progress in fixing the economy screwed up by the republicans. There are signs of recovery

He is introducing a national health care system. US was the only western country lacking one. For example the UK national health system has been a huge success. Here is Britains PM praising Obama's proposal today on CNN

There are other things of course, but these I think are the main accomplishments...

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Shades1035]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guzzeppi
reply to post by kinda kurious

Not YET. Iran is on the brink of nuclear weapons.

Thanks for link.

To be clear, as horriffic as war is, I am not against ALL wars. Sadly, some must be waged as a last resort.

Just not over faux WMD claims and an agenda for unwarranted retribution.

I suppose I could go dig up the photo of Rumsfield and Sadam together if need be.

Regards. . . KK

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmaddness
It is quite easy to nit pick the faults of any leader in any context. I would be willing to bet that the construction of similar lists for each and every president of the United States throughout history would be just as easy and seem just as "bad."

In fact, here is a "short" list for George Bush Jr.
This list, with full explanations of over 400 incidents can be found here.

1. Patient neglect at Walter Reed Army Hospital
2. US Attorney firings
3. Libby/Plame Affair (Outing a CIA agent)
4. Iraq war
5. Afghanistan (leaving before the job was done)
6. Iran saber rattling
7. North Korea (mishandling nuclear issue)
8. The War on Terror (failure to capture Osama bin Laden, dubious allies)
9. Civilian contractors in Iraq (poor service for big bucks)
10. Military Commissions Act (torture, kangaroo courts, indefinite detention, and loss of habeas corpus)
11. Hurricane Katrina and the drowning of New Orleans
12. NSA warrantless wiretapping
13. SWIFT (international money transfers)
14. Black sites and rendition
15. Department of Homeland Security (a massive boondoggle)
16. K Street lobbyists (for government you can buy)
17. Dusty Foggo (No. 3 at the CIA)

Now I'm sure you could find a similar list for Clinton, for Bush Sr., and so on and so forth.

All leaders are going to make mistakes, and will eventually do something that someone is not going to like. You simply cannot please everybody all the time.

I wouldn't call those items "nits", I would call them big black marks. These lists don't show that politicians are easy to pick on so much as they show today's politicians like Clinton, Bush Sr., and so on and so forth all belong in prison more than they belong in office.

Just look at the number of presidents who went to war without a congressional declaration of war. That list is the tip of the iceburg showing US presidents who belong in prison for subverting the constitution. Obama taught a class on the constitution, and yet he ignores it and even voted for the "patriot" ACT. If that isn't a serious offense I don't know what is.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shades1035
He is ending the war in Iraq that was based on lies from the Bush administration and resulted in approx 800 000 civilians dead and thousands of US soldiers dead and wounded.

A war that was based on false pretense. A war that should have never occurred. He had no choice but to distance himself from that war.

He has already made progress in fixing the economy screwed up by the republicans. There are signs of recovery

Fixing the economy? He is spending like no other president in the history of this country. Recovery? When your taxes go up next year to pay for this spending, lets talk recovery.

He is introducing a national health care system. US was the only western country lacking one. For example the UK national health system has been a huge success. Here is Britains PM praising Obama's proposal today on CNN

I for one sure don't care what other countries leaders think of our policies on health care. They don't live here! We like freedom of choice here in America!

There are other things of course, but these I think are the main accomplishments...

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Shades1035]

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Guzzeppi]

can a mod fix this? thanks!

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Guzzeppi]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
reply to post by Revealation

They are a very far spin on different events. Like kissing hug chavez on the cheek. In case you missed it they aren't friends.

Yeah and thats why Obama supports an ousted wannabe dictator in Honduras, A country that many great Americans saved from the communist back in the 80s. A country that we have been rebuilding. Now Obama wants to turn it into 1980s Nicaragua.

He did not support an ousted wannabe dictator because he is one himself and does not want the same thing to happen to him.

Guess what Mr.Obama? Its going to happen. The sooner you leave the country the better it will be for you.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

See? How is that helpful for the country?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guzzeppi

Not YET. Iran is on the brink of nuclear weapons. They will have the ability to make 1 to 2 nuclear bombs by year end. Israel has promised it will not stand by and let Iran procure nuclear weapons. They will be at the brink of war by years end if the IAEA don't stop them.

isis-online.org...

Yeah because apparently it is the 'IT' thing to do the past few years, for countries to tell other countries what they can and can't do in their own country...

Chrono

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
I don't have any problem with the list passed on in the OP. What I do object to is it being tagged as "accomplishments". Now I realize a working definition of accomplishments doesn't necessarily mean they are all a positive effect, however it does imply that they are goals realized.

These list items are all things posed as negative or adverse events, and without a balance of positive events ALSO listed, I believe this qualifies as propaganda or at least a very biased document. It preaches to the choir.

I don't say this in support of President Obama, just in support of a sense of fairness.

I think you missed the subtleties there, perhaps if he had added: /sarcasm to the end, you would get why it is called 'Accomplishments'. It was apparently meant in a sarcastic frame.

Chrono

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well... over half of the things on your list would usually only appeal to a 12 year old princess... It is very interesting that one would spend time compiling reasonable concerns and mix it with petty cheese jiz... I'm gonna find my chicken...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avarus
I think this whole thread is political trolling... how is it that ATS hasn't deleted it? It's a bunch of spun, half-truths, made to make the current administration look bad and/or instigate a political fight.

This is stupid, and I didn't even vote for Obama.

Likely an attempt to win an award for the stupidest thread ever and I was hoping to nab that for myself.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Guzzeppi

I agree with you very much so. The dems and repubs are ONE in my book. There really is no separation of the two after they are elected to office, not until election time. There needs to be a new party established in this country. A party that is CLEAN from political corruption, but most importantly a party that can become strong without being swallowed up by the MSM and Washington. Ross Perot was the last to come close. The dems and the repubs are just plain DIRTY!

You have that right. I wish the Republicans and the Democrats would step back and LOOK at where this country was and where it should go and try to achieve BALANCE. You can not have social programs without the tax base to support them. I know liberals hate all businesses but unless we want to join the Amish in pre-industrial society we have to have some industry, and "green industry" just isn't going to cut it, not if you want all those social programs.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Why don't you please expand on why you think it is so stupid to look past the surface of claims made against Obama? I am not a proponent of his nor was I of Bush, so there is no political agenda by the OP. It's just an email that has become viral and an opportunity of fellow ATSers to dissect as fact or fiction.

Do you have anything of substance to add?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join