It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's First Six Months' Accomplishments

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
I don't have any problem with the list passed on in the OP. What I do object to is it being tagged as "accomplishments". Now I realize a working definition of accomplishments doesn't necessarily mean they are all a positive effect, however it does imply that they are goals realized.

These list items are all things posed as negative or adverse events, and without a balance of positive events ALSO listed, I believe this qualifies as propaganda or at least a very biased document. It preaches to the choir.

I don't say this in support of President Obama, just in support of a sense of fairness.

I will help you out on this one.

In March 2009, he put put billions into SBA to help small business.
This is the life blood of our jobs, over 70% and 90% of all jobs lost come from small business.

He made mention a couple weeks back of putting 172 billion of TARP funds to SBA and pumping it into small and medium business.
This would be his saving grace. It would have an effect within 30 to 60 days not only on jobs, but the economy as a whole.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The OP forgot to add, to that list that he copy/pasted, the most important accomplishment of Obama's 1st 6 months:

He got George Bush out of our lives.

Way to go, Barack.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
man Obama can sure play a good fall boy. Gonna get all the flak for things beyond the governments control ( research into the federal reserve). All of this is to just spark another civil war, but a blind one with no direction but to further think we are fighting for freedom.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

It's good to see that people check all the information they see, you sometimes get lost in the mass of false information flying around the net and ATS is no exception it looks...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

thanks, j2000; I think your post speaks toward a sense of fairness in reporting. My primary objection to this thread is not the villification of President Obama, as I believe that many of the list items are factual; Some of them appear to be phrased in a way to make the most of them in a detrimental way , and a few appear to me to be pure spin -- the author's opinion of what the event meant.

My objection to this thread is that it is unbalanced and claims to be a list of "accomplishments". I realize the OP is not the author, and also understand why they posted it.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Guzzeppi

He told everyone this is what he was going to do before he got elected. Everyone chose to ignore who he really was and instead focused on his Flash Gordon Savior of the Universe Aura. The guy is a Marxist doing Marxist things. He socializes with Marxists, He Idolizes Marxists, heck, he believes in Marxism! The guy has told us this over and over again in his speeches. Nothing on that list says he is anything but that.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Nice summation and strange how It would be difficult to find a list (this long) that would represent things he has done to "really" help this nation and this world. The larger issues that obama (little o) has made decisions for has already destroyed so much.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation

I'm trying to understand why people consider this propoganda. Aren't these things which have actually happened?

Well some...kind of...almost happened...

This is propaganda because it distorts, manipulates, exaggerates, and sometimes just fabricates reality...

Bush and Obama are two players on the same team to me...

But this kind of BS doesn't help anyone, it is just divisive and misleading...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A lot of stuff on that list is total bull crap.

13. Released information on U.S. intelligence gathering despite urgings of his own CIA director and the prior four CIA directors.

- This is a good thing, You like to be out of the know? You like CIA hiding everything from you?

17. Circled the globe to publicly apologize for America's world leadership.

- Well.....Good.

21. Salutes as heroes three Navy SEALS who took down three terrorists who threatened one American life and the next day announces members of the Bush administration may stand trial for "torturing" three 9/11 terrorists by pouring water up their noses.

This doesn't make sence, There never was any real 9/11 terrorist so this is just retarded, though they did bring in a bunch of innocent people that "looked" like terrorist, to trick everyone into thinking there doing something good.

Theres a few others on there that are ridiculous, some are true but this thing is contradicting it self.

This is retarded.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaslaugh123
Nice summation and strange how It would be difficult to find a list (this long) that would represent things he has done to "really" help this nation and this world. The larger issues that obama (little o) has made decisions for has already destroyed so much.

Really? I didn't have to look to hard to find good things...

-On January 29, 2009, President Obama signed his first bill into law, the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009, which eased the requirements for filing employment discrimination lawsuits.

- Five days later, he signed the reauthorization of the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) to cover an additional 4 million children currently uninsured.

-In March 2009, Obama repealed a Bush-era policy that prevented federal tax dollars from being used to fund research on new lines of embryonic stem cells

Heck even Newt has something nice to say

Gingrich applauded Obama for showing "real courage on the issue of charter schools." Obama wants to increase the number of charter schools, which have a controversial history and are a divisive issue for his party's base.

Perhaps a more "neutral"analysis is the required approach?

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Helmkat]

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Helmkat]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

No the seniors have a right to their health care, because they have paid for it time and time again throughout their lifetime payments to social security.

Thats not the governments money, its theirs.

LOL, yeah, they put their money into a bank account and when the time was right, they let them have it. Thats how it works.

Actually, the people who are working NOW are paying for the people who aren't NOW to have healthcare. And without reform, there will not be enough working people to pay for mine. So where is MY money going? I'm paying for MY OWN Medicare, right>

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by epete22

Care to post supporting facts to each your points?

A list does not facts make.

Certainly there must be a host of verified facts, sources etc.

I'm sure you have them handy

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by epete22

Edit to reflect above snip.

[edit on 14 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver
He Idolizes Marxists, heck, he believes in Marxism! The guy has told us this over and over again in his speeches.

Care to post a link to support that statement that actually seems outrageous and a bit silly?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Take heart, patriots. There are now over a dozen cases in the courts disputing Baraqs citizenship. When he is finally exposed as the illegal alien he is, he will be imprisoned and then deported to his homeland. Nothing he has done will have any merit, and anything he signed will be null and void. Unfortuneatly, his treasonous help aiding and abetting the enemy can't be reversed. Every bill he signs now, every one, is being contested in court, because he is not the legal president. It will take decades to clean up after this monster. But take heart, he will be exposed.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

"Quadrupled" the national debt.

When the banks get through with multiplying the doubled money supply through fractional banking, you can add major inflation of the dollar and destabilizing its Hard Currency status. (Soft currency is worth less than toilet tissue outside the country of issue borders)

FRACTIONAL BANKING INFO SITES:

Crisis for Dummies: Fractional Reserve
Trashing America: Fractiona Reserve

Money is Created by Banks: Evidence Given by Graham Towers

A PRIMER ON MONEY: Congressional COMMITTEE ON BANKING AND CURRENCY

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

All in all...everyone has got to realize (by the actions that have been occurring by our elected officials) that they're not in it for our better interest. I am just amused at how neive people are who believe in this system and actually waste their time defending it and even worse ...voting.

If you do not want to vote for the corporate/banking controled Repub-o-crats then vote third party and throw their arses out or at least vote for the guy who is not nose in the trough at the current time.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Whilst the contents of the OP’s List really amounts to nothing, the reaction of it’s advocates speaks volumes.

Whilst you all sit there giving yourselves a congratulatory pat on the back for the vitriol you are fanning, think about this.

It’s very apparent that your hateful and conspicuously-gleeful vitriol shows quite clearly that you derive great joy – not from your country’s progress – but rather from it’s perceived (or should that be contrived) setbacks.

You represent the antithesis of patriotism as defined by the Founding Fathers: whilst they were for building a “Great Republic”, your irrational hatred clearly illustrates your desire to see nothing less than it’s destruction.

For you, the greatest tragedy for America would be for Obama to raise the US out of the ashes and restore its global greatness and standing.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by mckyle]

[edit on 14-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The first one in your list, about offending the Queen of England, is dead wrong.

She was not offended after Michelle gave her a hug.

And if you remember, the Queen also put an arm around Michelle afterwords.

That's one of the goofiest rules ever. She's a woman. She's a human being. So what if Michelle hugged her?

It was a hug.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join