reply to post by Guzzeppi
1. No, he "offended" people who wanted to be offended. There's no reason to assume that the queen was one of those people - after all, gifts to the
queen are not to the queen in reality. They tend towards being gifts reflecting the nation, in this case american technology and media. Fairly apt,
2. Standard protocol.
3. The "praise" for Ortega could just as easily have been called "defusing the situation", after Ortega's 1 hour long anti-US diatribe.
Diplomacy, in other words.
4. Did not happen. Shook Chavez's hand. Diplomacy.
5. "endorsed" along with the UN, OAS, CARICOM, Mercosur, USAN, the EU, ... and pretty much every government in the world.
6.. See 5.
7. Diplomacy, and an attempt to remove the need for them to have nuclear weapons.
8. the bailout of AIG happened in September 2008, didn't it?
9. Because they're working.
10. don't recall this one.
11. Pretty hard to calculate that, given that Obama's budget doesn't kick in until October 1. The 2009 budget is all Bush.
12. That's the MKV system, isn't it? Has not been deployed to my knowledge, nor has it been tested. In any case, the date's irrelevant - that had
been talked about since November.
13. don't recall this one.
14. don't recall this one.
15. Given the number of abortion clinic bombings/shootings you guys have had, i'd agree with that.
16. No indication that Obama had anything ot do with that comment.
17. Diplomacy, again.
18. No, he didn't.
19. The census is government controlled, regardless of the bureaucrat heading it.
20. I thought that was Janet Reno? Or are we talking about a different Cuban kid?
21. no comparison.
22. not bright, but I think the reaction was overblown. I've been to New York, I think it takes more than that to rattle New Yorkers.
25. Saving how many jobs along the way?
27. Speculation, given that the actual bill has not been tabled yet.