It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's First Six Months' Accomplishments

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by Guzzeppi

It is not important who authored it ...

Do you know the source of the email?
I think it's important so perhaps you can humor us.

You are not planning on submitting the author's name and/or e-mail to the white house "reality check" website for addition to enemies list are you?

Seriously, its the internet, you can't believe anything here right?

Anyone dare take the challenge to (with conclusive evidence) prove any of these accomplishments to be false?

Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

What did I say that was uncourteous?

Surely being like minded with the OP isn't an insult.

No, but statements like this are:

Plus a plethora of information with context for any intelligent person who's investigative prowess exceeds the ability to create shopping lists and paste them on forums so as to gain "ataboys" from those who's mentality equals his.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

If you're really interested there's threads on pretty much on every single one of these topics.

Plus a plethora of information with context for any intelligent person who's investigative prowess exceeds the ability to create shopping lists and paste them on forums so as to gain "ataboys" from those who's mentality equals his.

But if it makes you feel better ...

It's all true.

So the problem is . . .?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Let's try to keep it on topic, please. The OP was edited to cite an external source over an hour ago. Let's please discuss the issues.

Clean slate starting now.

If you have an issue with another post, please use the alert feature instead of addressing it as an off topic post.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

No i don't know the source. Do you?

Why is a source necessary when you, your enlightened self said it was all true.

What is your beef?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

No i don't know the source. Do you?

I do now, thanks to AshleyD's edit.

Al Campbell is a licensed insurance intermediary who has been involved in a wide range of health care industry positions in more than 34 years in the industry. He is a former president of the Wisconsin Health Underwriters Association and is president of United Resource Group, a company providing online enrollment services for agents and their employer clients.
www.biztimes.com...

Edit: Looking into it a little further it seems that Mr. Cambell is himself merely a propagator and not the original author.

Why is a source necessary when you, your enlightened self said it was all true.

Provenance is an important element is establishing legitimacy and intent.
Plus I guess I'm just a curious person.

I wonder why you won't share the source of this email?
But you're right, it now matters little, the list of likely sources is easy to figure out.

What is your beef?

No beef G, just calling it as I see it ...
Namely just a biased shopping list of right wing talking points.
All words and no substance.

[edit on 13 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Namely just a biased shopping list of right wing talking points.
All words and no substance.

Indeed, but hang on, most of what is in that list has been reported by the MSM, though coverage was scarce on networks supportive of the current president.

The true lack of substance in this thread is and will prove to be anything that can refute any of these listed accomplishments as being fabricated or false. But of course, all anyone need do is copy and paste any of these lines into a search engine to find whatever truth they are seeking.

The truth will set you free.

Free your mind.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I do understand your point. I read the email and hurried it along to post.

Yes, I could have added substance by researching each point and linking to a source to back it up. If I had time tonight I would, but it is late here. I do appreciate the mod making a link to the actual source also.

We should explore these points further to establish if they are true or not. Some of the points have been exaggerated a tad.

Guz

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Guzzeppi

1. No, he "offended" people who wanted to be offended. There's no reason to assume that the queen was one of those people - after all, gifts to the queen are not to the queen in reality. They tend towards being gifts reflecting the nation, in this case american technology and media. Fairly apt, really.
2. Standard protocol.
3. The "praise" for Ortega could just as easily have been called "defusing the situation", after Ortega's 1 hour long anti-US diatribe. Diplomacy, in other words.
4. Did not happen. Shook Chavez's hand. Diplomacy.
5. "endorsed" along with the UN, OAS, CARICOM, Mercosur, USAN, the EU, ... and pretty much every government in the world.
6.. See 5.
7. Diplomacy, and an attempt to remove the need for them to have nuclear weapons.
8. the bailout of AIG happened in September 2008, didn't it?
9. Because they're working.
10. don't recall this one.
11. Pretty hard to calculate that, given that Obama's budget doesn't kick in until October 1. The 2009 budget is all Bush.
12. That's the MKV system, isn't it? Has not been deployed to my knowledge, nor has it been tested. In any case, the date's irrelevant - that had been talked about since November.
13. don't recall this one.
14. don't recall this one.
15. Given the number of abortion clinic bombings/shootings you guys have had, i'd agree with that.
16. No indication that Obama had anything ot do with that comment.
17. Diplomacy, again.
18. No, he didn't.
19. The census is government controlled, regardless of the bureaucrat heading it.
20. I thought that was Janet Reno? Or are we talking about a different Cuban kid?
21. no comparison.
22. not bright, but I think the reaction was overblown. I've been to New York, I think it takes more than that to rattle New Yorkers.
23. Good.
24. Good.
25. Saving how many jobs along the way?
26. Speculation.
27. Speculation, given that the actual bill has not been tabled yet.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Ok I will add to the list..

first the pros:

Tough, no nonsense stance on Somalian Pirates.

Ecallation of the war in Afghanistan.

Cons (not already mentioned in the OP):

Calling law enforcement officers "stupid"

Created a White House sponsored "hotline" to identify dissent from people opposed to health care reform. Effectively turning American against American.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
It is quite easy to nit pick the faults of any leader in any context. I would be willing to bet that the construction of similar lists for each and every president of the United States throughout history would be just as easy and seem just as "bad."

In fact, here is a "short" list for George Bush Jr.
This list, with full explanations of over 400 incidents can be found here.

1. Patient neglect at Walter Reed Army Hospital
2. US Attorney firings
3. Libby/Plame Affair (Outing a CIA agent)
4. Iraq war
5. Afghanistan (leaving before the job was done)
6. Iran saber rattling
7. North Korea (mishandling nuclear issue)
8. The War on Terror (failure to capture Osama bin Laden, dubious allies)
9. Civilian contractors in Iraq (poor service for big bucks)
10. Military Commissions Act (torture, kangaroo courts, indefinite detention, and loss of habeas corpus)
11. Hurricane Katrina and the drowning of New Orleans
12. NSA warrantless wiretapping
13. SWIFT (international money transfers)
14. Black sites and rendition
15. Department of Homeland Security (a massive boondoggle)
16. K Street lobbyists (for government you can buy)
17. Dusty Foggo (No. 3 at the CIA)

Now I'm sure you could find a similar list for Clinton, for Bush Sr., and so on and so forth.

All leaders are going to make mistakes, and will eventually do something that someone is not going to like. You simply cannot please everybody all the time.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
[*SNIP*]

The list does a good job of putting it all right there infront of everyones face in all its pathetically applied politics of the man who shouldn't have made it past any of his competitors and maybe what were seeing is just a man who lacks experience?

Then again, that's the point

Mod Edit: Off topic comments removed. Please debate the post and not the poster.

[edit on 8/14/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Edit to reflect above snip.

[edit on 14 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Bloomberg: Daschle says, "Health care reform will not be pain free. Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them," while former Colorado Governor Dick Lamm says seniors have "a duty to die."

No the seniors have a right to their health care, because they have paid for it time and time again throughout their lifetime payments to social security.

Thats not the governments money, its theirs.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
We can demonize any man's "accomplishments" if we so choose to interpret them that way. Can not and will not refute anything on that list but your interpretation and mine will differ. Though i do struggle to see any conspiracy here - just more political bashing and sensationalization to polarize people.

My main point is that this is not a zero-sum equation here and putting it in that context just shows an underlying agenda..

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The only number in this list that is wrong is 11. Actually obama, who has not even been in office for 1 year, has quadrupled the debt of this country. It is 4x's what it was in Dec. 08...... And it is only going up.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taxi-Driver
Ok I will add to the list..

first the pros:

Tough, no nonsense stance on Somalian Pirates.

The best thing he did was to stay the hell out of that entire situation, and leave it to the military.

Two days before they situation was resolved, a reporter asked him about the situation. Obama, clearly annoyed, said "We're not talking about pirates" or words to that effect.

Had Obama outlined the strategy, he would have captured them alive, read them their Miranda rights, and appointed a lawyer for them.

Ecallation of the war in Afghanistan.

He Mirandizes terrorists. That's all he has done.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

See the problem with your list is that it is based on opinion, not facts.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Federal deficit higher in July, $1.27T this year
Record federal deficit climbs higher, $180.7 billion in July, $1.27 trillion so far this year - Associated Press/Obama

Foreclosures rise 7 percent in July from June - AP/Obama

This summer is one for the record books: more than a dozen new programs launched on broadcast television and not one breakout hit, with returning shows down and ratings at an all-time low. - The Live Feed

WASHINGTON (AP) - Amid a boisterous debate on health care reform, people flooded members of Congress on Thursday with so many e-mails that they overloaded the House's primary Web site. - AP-Obama

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

How are you going to put the new deficit in Bush's hands. Have you not heard anything that is going on? obama and the "stimulus" package. Have you not heard how much that is costing. That is crazy to me that obama has pushed this package through congress and you are putting that on Bush. What the heck is wrong with you people? Bush is not in office anymore. The deficit has quadrupled, that is 4 times what it was. Not Bush's fault, but obama's. What is this obsession with Bush, gosh get over it!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join