It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese essay sparks outcry in India

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
Thanks - as I said I HAVE BEEN THERE and was there PRIOR to western capitilisation - sooooo your wrong - first hand knowledge buddy. I speak the language and went to some incredibly remote areas. Your post WREAKS of ignorance - dripping with it. To call China 3rd world, to even mention it is a clear display of a lack of understanding of the country and the term.

Well, good for you. Please can you be less (er) dismissive and tone down the shouting (CAPS). I am not ignorant. You may think you are the resident expert but so far you have yet to demonstrate that expertise.

We can all spout statistics, but in my original post I highlighted that China faces myriad issues connected with growth and the fact that the majority of the population exists in poor rural areas which are akin to third world - and yes, I have seen it. There is no doubt that millions of Chinese have been lifted out of abject poverty as a result of the the economic growth, but from a western perspective the vast majority of Chinese are still poor and the per capita GDP demonstrates this. It it is true to say that once you leave the bright lights of the cities you enter a different world with poor infrastructure, housing, transport, social services, healthcare, pollution etc...

We all want China to succeed.

IMF report 2004 is somewhat out of date but gives hints to the issues

Probably a bit more appropriate

Regards

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Dont waste your time with the troll. Take for example this ignorant statement here.

Originally posted by audas
Suggesting that China needs to face the test of time, coming from an AMERICAN with less than 30 years as a super power compared to 5000 years with China - is the most staggeringly ignorant comment I have read - what is so profoundly disingenuous is the fact you attempt to convey this mythical claptrap with such authority - you simply have no idea.

He simply ignores the facts that the Present day Chinese government is what a little over 60+ years young? Giving the present day Chinese Government credit for China's long and illustrious history is like giving the present day Egyptian Government credit for building the great pyramids or the present Government in the UK credit for Stonehenge.

I've provided links to official sites regarding US oil Reserves, Productions vs refining. He is just spouting rhetoric and goes on and on with out links to viable sources on that topic. I have provided official and verifiable sources to back up my claim again on that topic. He has not.

He has however provided links regarding China's mineral contracts and some interesting links on China's space program.

I still cant figure out why he gets so emotional though.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

The Chinese seem to want control of Africa. The question is for what....... Control over important natural resources or resettlement of population into Africa?

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
With governments like these what do you expect...?

namar.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

I've been to China prior to westernisation and studied the language and culture for 20 years - India can say what it wants - it is light years behind China

In what basis does their language and culture prove to you that China is light years ahead of India...?

There are often comparisons between these two nations and that is just guff of the highest order - China is literally half a century ahead of India - they would not stand a chance.

Carefull there! India has a huge population to match China. Just imagine around 1 billion to 1.2 billion people armed for warfare. And with nukes we all lose...

the Indians are simply a backwater relative to the Chinese.

The Chinese were primitive compared to the US a few years ago...

Further the Indians have NEVER enjoyed any sort of global dominance or status, rather they have been dominated their entire existence

We were under invasion for 600 years. Initially in the 1300 it was the mughals who invaded and commited huge genocide and plundering till the late 1600 when mughal rule was wanning and then came the British at the later part of 1600 to plunder the land further. The british left only at 1947 but not without demoralizing us further by creating the caste and community system which still keeps us divided and in ignorance. Considering all this I think we are doing quite well.

the Chinese have dominated the largest part of the world for longer than any other nation - they were the only real global super power for almost 5000 years.

Another propaganda!!! China being a super power for 5000 Years LOL

Then why are'nt we all speaking Chinese...?

The Chinese also have a VERY strict non expansionist policy - there are nations that many consider outside of China (Tibet, Taiwan) however they have actually been part of the country for thousands of years - they will not invade any other country - simply not their way - they believe STRONGLY in the middle kingdom - Zhong Guo or middle land. Their characters for their nation are an arrow going though a target - and earth (a field) meaning middle of the world - the middle country - they DO NOT SEEK EXPANSION -

Another huge Lie. Sino claiming those territories is like Iran claiming the territories of the Sassanid empire. Tibet should be a separate country or a part of India. If you look at history as well as ancient history there have been many kingdoms that have reached their pinnacle at their height of power and many kingdoms that have gone without trace so as far as claiming land anyone can claim land based on history as well as conquest.

My view point comparing India and China-

1. India has a large population alright but a large useless population unlike China which has a large mobile population and are used for labour.

2. India has too many parties in a state level election as well as a country level/Central election, too many people in politics as well as too many party activists. China has a one party system for the entire country. Corruption will always be there in the governments of the world but too many politicians just means corruption is too high. So obviousley corruption is much lesser in China when compared to India.

3. Indians are divided based on caste, community, religion as well as state thanks to the British!!! Chinese pretty much patched themselves into being 1 group.
Besides China has a huge population. I heard that their millitary forces can go upto 700 million. The below video proves it

I guess at the present time with China attacking India on one side and Pakistani terrorists on the other we would lose especially with the way the present government in india is.....

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuteAngel
We were under invasion for 600 years. Initially in the 1300 it was the mughals who invaded and commited huge genocide and plundering till the late 1600 when mughal rule was wanning and then came the British at the later part of 1600 to plunder the land further. The british left only at 1947 but not without demoralizing us further by creating the caste and community system which still keeps us divided and in ignorance. Considering all this I think we are doing quite well.

I agree with most of what you say, but feel that your assessment of the 1600 onwards is a tad simplistist and wrong.

The British did not create the caste system.

The British Government "took over" India from c. 1850 from the British East India Company which was a commercial concern and was in competition for power, monopolies, markets and influence from other European powers.

I think India's future is very positive. Like China, India has a huge mountain to climb getting the country sorted out - infrastructure etc... India is poorer than China so has further to go.

Regards

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

The British did not create the caste system.

That is propaganda that you are being made to believe. We had only 4 sects prior to the british

Priests/Hermits
Kings/Warriors
Traders/Business men
Labourers/Workers

unlike the thousands of sects that exist as of now. And they existed based on profession/studies/interests and there was no discrimination. The thousands of sects were created as a policy of the british to divide and rule and also to demoralize us so that we'd live in ignorance period!!!

I'm not saying I dislike the british, there's a lot of good things they did like for instance to drive out the radical Islamic rule (Mughals), introducing their language, education system, clothing etc... But the caste system of present india is credited to the brits.

I think India's future is very positive. Like China, India has a huge mountain to climb getting the country sorted out - infrastructure etc... India is poorer than China so has further to go.

I dont care about the future or the past. I care for now, I look at today...

If it was'nt for Germany and Japan in WW2, the NWO woulda been established in 1944. They put up a brave resistance and I applaud them.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

That is propaganda that you are being made to believe. We had only 4 sects prior to the british

I suppose the it depends on whether it is a Jatis or a Varna viewpoint. What the British did was to rank the caste system to enable it to be administered. This formalised it, but it was not created by the British as the thousands of caste types existed before the British.

I dont care about the future or the past. I care for now, I look at today...

If you don't care about the past then you'll not be able to objectively resolve the future. The present is fleeting.

If it was'nt for Germany and Japan in WW2, the NWO woulda been established in 1944. They put up a brave resistance and I applaud them.

I hope you are not suggesting the German and Japanese inspired war was good. Heaven's above, their NWO would have been pretty s*itty - just ask the Poles or Koreans.

Regards

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join