It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny Apathy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This site is brilliant no denying that. I used to think that my view of the world was completely correct, that everything was black and white. Now I realise that my knowledge is SO limited, I've got a long way to go.

Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

However all this new information is rather daunting, I and maybe you too began to feel "how can I make any difference in this world". Apathy sets in.

Often I see people dissatisfied with the current system yet they won't try to change it preferring to moan about or say its a "necessary evil".

TPTB(whoever or whatever they are) stay in power because we sit back and passively accept them, we believe they are immune to change. Well we can change the way this world is going, it will take a ton of effort but it can be done.

What I'm trying to say is that if you give up hope then they win, whatever the issue there can be solutions. Its all in the mindset.

Sorry if this rambling but I feel pretty strongly about it. Leave you with a few links.

Meaning of Apathy
Cure

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Bump, I'm sure there should be some discussion on this.

Second line here.

[edit on 15/8/09 by Chilled Zen]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
shame to see a good thread go unnoticed like mine does...
we should DEFINETLY do something about it,only talking wont change everything.
it maybe dangerous and lead to jail.
or it may be more peacefull with a clever way within the law,to get off the chains of the government,all the poison food,all the expensive AAC bad quality songs that you pay for,all the fluorided water u drink and all the 440hz music u listen that makes us dumb

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
The only way to not feel apathy is to not care about where the societies are going. Just imagine what our societies will look like under a global government who have access to cloning technology, robots, super computers, detailed real-time satellites, advanced military technology and so on. All these things will be used to monitor all of us against some possible threat that they can make up ("terrorists" is excellent because anyone can be one and you can never get rid of the threat so the situation is lasting forever).

So yeah. Dont have kids. The future will be hell. You already see in Great Britain and the United States what they have begun building for the world.

If you think the corruption is bad today and that the media is bought by corporations who wont tell you the truth, then imagine it on a global scale.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
you just gotta do it in your every day life with the little things. Not taking the shaft from people is learned in baby steps. It's why people are always annoyed with me that i don't just go with the flow so that there are no waves. people hate waves, you're right.
Makes them think too much.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
he's exactly wright, everyday little things change a lot,and learn to say "NO" to think about everything twice,and you NEED a son,dont be like that,we can teach our children better

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Chilled Zen

I think your point is very important. For people who aren't normally apathetic about things, there are at least two strategies to consider.

First, you need a positive approach to life in general. A confidence in yourself and others.

Second, you need some sort of workable plan to handle the situation. That involves understanding the situation and getting informed about what sort of handlings are possible.

I personally lean towards a plan that would handle the situation with some finality, which is a more difficult challenge than just sort of figuring out how to avoid the possible short-term bad effects of what is happening on earth. For me, this is a spiritual approach, but backed up with real work to help strengthen those who could be most easily victimized. As far as I can tell, the only long-term way out of this is to become extremely capable spiritually so that the criminals cannot co-opt you with their terrorism. It's not an easy path, but it does exist as a possible solution - perhaps the only one.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
just to be devil's advocate:

you can't care all the time. you will wind up hugging trees and buying al gore dvd's. or spending all of your savings on ammo & MRE's.

that is to say that sometimes you have to not give a damn about some things. lest you lose your mind.

just worry about what is inside your own sphere of influence.

[edit on 15/8/2009 by gravykraken]

new topics

top topics

join