It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Leaves Behind Mismanaged AK Health Care System - Hundreds Die Waiting For Care

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Exactly, I think the entire point of the article is missed. Being that whether republican or democrat, government run health care system will be a total fiasco. More proof of why government should be out of the business of Heath Care.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by soldiermom

Just an observation, from a comment earlier from soldiermom about a "biased" blog, and in defence of the OP, I have frequently seen extreme bias as an OP (froma 'blog'), but from the "other" direction, and a whole host of back-slapping and high-fiving ensues!! Usually, from the same cast of characters.....

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by soldiermom

Just an observation, from a comment earlier from soldiermom about a "biased" blog, and in defence of the OP, I have frequently seen extreme bias as an OP (froma 'blog'), but from the "other" direction, and a whole host of back-slapping and high-fiving ensues!! Usually, from the same cast of characters.....

I've seen it too. I may even have, at one time or another, been guilty of being from the other side. But, I try and take care about reading before posting. I just can't help but call out instances like this though. It's just blatant misrepresentation of the original article and nothing less than an attack on Palin that has no justification whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Oh boy, where to begin with this big pile of garbage.

First of all, the story you cite is clearly biased because they link to the original article and the original article does not even mention Palin.

Here is the original article:
Troubled Alaska health programs face federal restriction

Secondly, Palin did not initiate these programs. These were in place well before she got into office and while she did clean up a lot of the mess, she cannot do everything.

Thirdly, Since these program the article mentions have been around for awhile, it is disingenuous to say they are a GOP program which again reflects my first point.

4th: Let's take a closer look at the original article and NOT the biased one you cited.

The services are paid for by Medicaid, the state-federal health program for the poor and the disabled, and overseen by the state Division of Senior and Disabilities Services. Individuals qualify based on income and need. Private contractors do most of the work. The programs cost about $250 million this year, with the federal government currently paying 61 percent of the bill.

Wow

This is really a medicaid federal program. The person who controls the money controls the laws and regulation.

The article states: Individuals qualify based on income and need.

Welcome to Obamacare people with the rationing of healthcare!! This is what will happen nation wide if Obamacare becomes law.

You just made the argument against the current healthcare bill.
THANKS!! I realize your intention was to demean Palin for no reason, but in your zest and bias, you mistakenly argued against your own point of view and helped your opponents. Good job!
Funny!!
Brilliant!!

[edit on 8/13/2009 by WhatTheory]

She can not do everything - she did not do anything.

Further your own quote states quite clearly that the feds pick up the tab but it is administered by the state - and they were failing so badly that people were dying - thats pretty much all there is too it -
It happened on Palins watch - she was the head honcho and she takes the wrap - but more importantly she was presiding over this fiasco and so has lost all right to LEGITIMATE comment on the issue due to her comprehensive failure to address the problems she inherited and exacerbated - thats the issue buddy.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
sometimes a few must be sacrificed for the good of many. Palin 2012!!! BOYAH!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Oh boy, where to begin with this big pile of garbage.

First of all, the story you cite is clearly biased because they link to the original article and the original article does not even mention Palin.

Here is the original article:
Troubled Alaska health programs face federal restriction

Good point. However it is something she would have overseen. And juxtaposing that with her death panel comment does seem to be at least a bit disingenuous.

Secondly, Palin did not initiate these programs. These were in place well before she got into office and while she did clean up a lot of the mess, she cannot do everything.

I can appreciate that perspective... good point.

Thirdly, Since these program the article mentions have been around for awhile, it is disingenuous to say they are a GOP program which again reflects my first point.

Now, I will say that I never accused these of being GOP programs.

4th: Let's take a closer look at the original article and NOT the biased one you cited.

The services are paid for by Medicaid, the state-federal health program for the poor and the disabled, and overseen by the state Division of Senior and Disabilities Services. Individuals qualify based on income and need. Private contractors do most of the work. The programs cost about $250 million this year, with the federal government currently paying 61 percent of the bill.

Wow

This is really a medicaid federal program. The person who controls the money controls the laws and regulation.

Well yes and no... notice that the article you listed states that it is a state-federal health program.

So the state has at least some play in that.

The article states: Individuals qualify based on income and need.

Welcome to Obamacare people with the rationing of healthcare!! This is what will happen nation wide if Obamacare becomes law.

I think that's a bit of a stretch...

You just made the argument against the current healthcare bill.
THANKS!! I realize your intention was to demean Palin for no reason, but in your zest and bias, you mistakenly argued against your own point of view and helped your opponents. Good job!
Funny!!
Brilliant!!

Not really. If you note there are many many different government ran healthcare systems. Not all are created equal. Germans hate theirs, while the French love theirs. England and Spain feel they need reform, while Switzerland loves theirs.

Thanks for posting!

[edit on 13-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway
reply to post by WTFover

Exactly, I think the entire point of the article is missed. Being that whether republican or democrat, government run health care system will be a total fiasco. More proof of why government should be out of the business of Heath Care.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Gateway]

Once again... there are many different countries with gov ran healthcare... some rock, some suck...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join