It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Justice System: Can you really call it Justice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If this thread is not in the correct location, please redirect it to the proper section. Thank you.

Before I get started on this topic, I would just like to give a brief background on my ethics and beliefs pertaining to the Justice system, in a way. As some of you may know by now, I am working to become a Police Officer. I know that most of you detest anything that resembles authority, but don't let that stop you from reading what I have to say.

That just isn't fair.

I have been on ATS for almost a month now, and I have seen many things about conspiracies in just about every major action that happens in the world, as well as the lesser ones; of course there is more to ATS than just conspiracy theories, but that is beside the point. The one thing that bothered me the most was not that people hated the law, no. It was that most people here despised the people who enforce it with a fiery passion. Some people have every right to hate on the police because of some instances that may have happened to them that they didn't agree with and a cop was involved, but that doesn't make it justified.

Anyway, my point is that I am going to be an Officer of the Law, but I wont be any different than any of you guys. Sure, I will have power, but I am not joining the force to go on a power trip. I am enabling myself to help people, my one goal in life; my only purpose of living, in my mind.

The Justice System is there to do a few things: remove the most dangerous from society for a given time, rehabilitate those lesser offenders, and protect the innocent. Everyone has the right to a trial, but as we all know it doesn't come to that for all people.

My problem with the Justice system is that the common folk like you and I get shafted when it comes to the special treatment we all see presented to the hierarchy. If you did the same crime a celeb did, let's say DUI Manslaughter, you would most likely get the higher end of the punishment while the celeb gets 30 days.

Pretty specific sentence, you might say. I am of course referring to the Donte' Stallworth trial, NFL Wide Receiver for the Cleveland Browns. In a drunken drive down the streets of Southern Florida, he hits a pedestrian crossing the street.

The US Justice System sentenced him to 30 days in prison with a $200,000 bail. That is a joke. Manslaughter is usually 7 years in prison, but he gets off with a slap on the wrist. The NFl, however, took measures into their own hands and suspended him without pay for an entire year. Still doesn't justify what he did, but the NFL is under no obligation to perform an act of justice. That is the job of the JUSTICE system.

Stallworth Case

Another instance where the Justice system failed, in recent memory, would be the notorious Michael Vick trial, yet another NFL Superstar. He was tried and pleaded guilty to inhumane treatment to dogs, which included dog fights, executing dogs, and abusing them beyond the imagination. A win, right? Not quite. He was sentenced to 2 years. It is longer than 30 days, but still not enough for most people, including myself.

Vick Case

These are just examples. Others would include the notorious OJ Simpson, as well as other celebs. Many would say that the late Pop star, Michael Jackson, was unjustly set free, but I wont get into that now out of respect for his family.

If you have a story pertaining to the unjust Justice System, please feel free to let us know. Of course, you are not obligated to post anything that is personal, I don't even want to know things that are too personal to be honest.

NOTE: I don't want to hear about unjust parking, speeding, or reckless driving tickets, nor any other citation. This is strictly about the courts.

Thank you for reading.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Call it the system of injustice.

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights doesn't mean jack no more these days.

join