It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPLC Report: Return of the Militias

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

SPLC Report: Return of the Militias

www.splcenter.org

Oath Keepers, the military and police organization that was formed earlier this year and held its April muster on Lexington Green, may be a particularly worrisome example of the Patriot revival. Members vow to fulfill the oaths to the Constitution that they swore while in the military or law enforcement. "Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and we will not obey unconstitutional (and thus illegal) and immoral orders," the group says. Oath Keepers lists 10 orders its members won't obey, including two that reference U.S. concentration camps.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-8-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Check out this latest load of crap from the Southern Poverty Law Center.

SPLC is the same despicable organization whose demonization of Libertarians, Constitutionalists, Patriots and Ron Paul supporters formed the basis of DHS' 'Rise of Right-Wing Extremism' report and the Missouri law enforcement 'Fusion' Center report which was later retracted.

SPLC purportedly promotes tolerance and claims to be in opposition of hate groups, but this group among the very most intolerant of hate-mongers. They consider anyone who supports the Constitution, liberty or limited government to be an "extremist" or "militia member."

On August 12, the SPLC expanded its attack on the liberty and patriot movement. In addition to attacking Alex Jones, Larry Keller, writing for the SPLC, has attempted to demonize Stewart Rhodes and the Oath Keepers, a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, peace officers, and veterans who swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. The SPLC has continued its shameful effort to connect Jones and now the Oath Keepers to the corporate media generated myth of a radical and violent militia movement said to be responsible for the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building.

As Paul Joseph Watson writes for Prison Planet today, there is no shortage of evidence revealing the government’s role in the OKC bombing. The government and the Southern Poverty Law Center created a false flag “militia” group to take the fall for the terrorist bombing.

SPLC should be roundly condemned for trying to foment "extremism" and create "terrorists" where none exist. This is truly an organization that know no shame.

www.splcenter.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-8-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
existing thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 13-8-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

Thanks for publicizing this, but I feel it's been miscategorized in 'Global Meltdown.'

More people need to know about this scandalous SPLC organization and their never-ending attempts to squash liberty, freedom and the Constitution.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Mods said it's cool rock on.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sheriff Richard Mack (RET) Responds to Southern Poverty Law Center Smear Attack on Oath Keepers and on Sheriff Mack:

The ironically wealthy Southern Poverty Law Center (truly a “hate” group in its own right) has now attacked Oath Keepers, using the same tired tactic of deliberately lumping us in with racists and neo-nazis (as if all those who oppose anything Obama does just MUST be racists down inside). Here is the SPLC screed: Link

Below is the response of Sheriff Richard Mack, one of our keynote speakers on April 19, who is given special attention in the smear attack. I’ll have more to say on the other side. – Stewart Rhodes.

Sheriff Richard Mack (RET) Responds to Southern Poverty Law Center Smear Attack on Oath Keepers and Sheriff Mack
August 14, 2009
www.oathkeepers.org
Richard Mack press release:

In all the years that Morris Dees and his Southern Poverty Law Center (a name to this day I still don’t understand) have been writing about me, not once has anyone in Dees’ office nor he personally, ever made any attempt to contact me to get my side of the “information” they put out about me. Dees has claimed that I am some icon of the militias and quite honestly, I have no idea where he gets this stuff. I have had no contact with any militia group and have never been a member of any militia. What little I do know about militia groups is that they do appear to be much more honorable people than Morris Dees. The SPLC ought to follow the rules of common decency and stop spreading their own hate speech about people they know very little about.

Anyone who has heard me speak at the Oath Keepers ceremony in Lexington or anywhere else in the country, know that I abhor violence and have never advocated or encouraged such tactics. In fact, at the Lexington Oath Keepers event I spoke of my admiration for Rosa Parks and how we should all follow her example. What does the SPLC call Rosa Parks? I simply suggest that we should all stand against stupid laws just as she did; and yes, even if some of those laws today are IRS tax codes, many of which are the epitome of stupidity.

If Morris Dees and his SPLC believe the words in the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence are offensive and extreme, then I suggest he find a place to live that is not given to such “hate speech.” Those of us who do not believe in putting Americans in concentration camps (as the government did to Japanese Americans during WWII) or don’t believe in gun control or out of control spending or bailouts for Wallstreet criminals or the trampling of our freedoms by those in office who swore to protect the same, just because we don’t believe in such things does not make us racists. Mr. Dees, why don’t you tell us all how much money you have made by spreading such misinformation?

I challenge Morris Dees to an honest open debate about any or all of these issues. If he really believes his information to be true; he should have no problem accepting my offer.

Sheriff Richard Mack (RET)

[edit on 15-8-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Personally I think that if any group is a subversive group then it's the SPLC. They are so opposed to the rule of law as stated in the US Constitution it's not even funny, in another era Morris Dees would have been charged with seditious conspiracy and his group of loonies shut down by the FBI. But of course in these enlightened and progressive times, it is the Constitutionalists and the Conservatives along with anyone who dident vote for or does not support Obama who are the bad guys.

new topics

top topics

join