It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(MSWC) Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
She was a child prodigy in her own right the only problem was that her lineage being of extraterrestrial origin had to be kept secret, abandoned by all of her outward experiences socially.

Once while she lay quietly cooing in her mothers arms at the tender young age of 4 months, she suddenly looked up and announced that she was going home.

Startled at the perfect speech her Mother simply raised her up on her left shoulder and gave her a deep and caring hug. Her Mother told her telepathically, "You are home my love, anywhere that you can feel your heart, you are home."

Although she was an only child her single Mother never let her feel alone or in need or want for anything. They would sit for hours playing together like best friends and practicing the arts of long ago, arts that touched on such subjects as clairvoyance, telepathy, telekinesis, and other fun games that enriched their lives in ways most would never understand.

Months quickly turned to years and soon she was entering kindergarten, and the first day of school was one of the worst days of her life. As her Mother said through tear stained eyes her final goodbyes, telepathically and with a deep silent hug, she turned to look at the classroom with renewed vision, having been trained years before in kirlian imaging, the memories of past oppressive years which children had endured threatened to collapse her airway.

Mrs. Schnakenberg firmly took her by the hand and in the loudest voice she had ever heard told her to sit in her chair and to remain quite.

The day seemed to whirl by in one offensive experience after another, lunch was by far one of the worst, and she spent the entire time with her petite hands over her eyes face down on the little lunch table crying her heart out.

When asked why? she weakly stated through chest shaking sobs, " They are eating animals!"

Never before had she actually smelled dead flesh and this was only compounded by her sensory perception to scent which was far more evolved than most people.

Not only could she smell the dead flesh, but her acute hearing made the nawing and chewing of the sandwiches and lunch meats a horror beyond words.

That day when the final bell rang and it was time to gather their back packs and take home items, she lined up at the door with all the other children just grateful that she could finally return home to her beloved Mother and their clean home without the sordid energies of this unforgiving room.

As the children began walking out in a single line two large figures shadowed the doorway and stopped her as she passed through the door.

They explained to her that at noontime this same day, her Mother was in a deadly car crash and did not survive. That she was reprimanded to the custody of the state and that she would have to come with them.

Weeks again turned to months and months into years and on the eve of her 13th birthday she stood before the ocean breeze with closed eyes feeling 'home'.

Tears had stopped flowing many years before and the Doctors had called her all manner of degrading names, but for her the tears were her prayers, her blessing to this planet that was so far behind where they should be by now.

Never forgetting her Mothers loving voice and the sweet smell like fresh air and candy on her breath, telling her that home was where ever she could feel her heart, she closed her eyes and returned home for the final time.

******************************Body
**********************Mind
****************Spirit

Many children disappear from Government custody each year, and this story is for them, may they always find their way home.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by antar]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

This is probably one of the best sentences I have ever seen in the short story forum:

telling her that home was where ever she could feel her heart

That definately, sets this story apart from the rest. The emotion and the truth in the words, is priceless. You would expect to pay to read soemthing like this..lol..

S&F

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Ahh, thankyou, I have to be honest, this story wrote itself, and when I read it once finsihed I couldnt help but cry and think that old thread of Skys about the missing children. If only they really did simply go home.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Very deep antar. I enjoyed this story tremendously. It is my hope that those children find home as well. You have flooded me with sadness. Well done!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Thanks Jack, your oppinion means alot to me.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Beautiful story my friend. Sad, but beautiful non-the-less. As always I enjoyed your prose and style, your gift with the written word. Thank you for sharing it with us.

S & F for you. I hope you do well in the contest.

top topics

join