It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To: Prevent an Alien Abduction

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I understand your point. To some, this is not a laughing matter. Some have trouble falling asleep because they have been abducted, and when they do sleep it is plauged with nightmares and visions of what had happened. Some people have had this experience and are never the same. They deserve respect, and I am sorry if this does not give it to them. Trust me, you do not want this to happen to you- despite the laugh-a-bilty of this thread, it should not be rediculed because it is not a laughing matter.

Thank you all.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by summerdreary

I take it you thought I was making fun of you? I wasn't. I think the deaf and blind both deserve tips as well. We can't leave them to suffer the nostril probing with no direction. Or we could but that wouldn't be too cool.

Batman? The financially powerful man who stays up all night roaming Gotham City beating up criminals with his bare hands? I don't think he needs tips my friend. Besides, I don't think that there are any aliens in the world of Batman anyway.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I do not think you were poking fun at me, we were all having a good time, but don't know as if this thread is the proper place to do it, seeing as this has changed some people's lives forever.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well, if anyone who has been abducted and reads this, I am sorry if I seemed out of line with my post. Please know that my intention was not to be disrespectful in any way, shape, or form but just add some thought to the thread. Again, forgive me if I seemed rash in my response. I was just opening up new ideas.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Water-tastes-good

I appreciate your apology, although I hope it didn't sound like I was accusing you of anything, because I wasn't.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Water-tastes-good
Well, if anyone who has been abducted and reads this, I am sorry if I seemed out of line with my post. Please know that my intention was not to be disrespectful in any way, shape, or form but just add some thought to the thread. Again, forgive me if I seemed rash in my response. I was just opening up new ideas.

Actually that is not your problem. You ended up deflating this thread to an odd serious tone.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

Actually that is not your problem. You ended up deflating this thread to an odd serious tone

No, Pathos, that was me. I'm somewhat sorry to have put this otherwise light-hearted thread on a bummerish tone. It just struck a chord with me, and I spoke my mind.

Now, it's my turn to apologize to all of you for making this thread so serious. My bad.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by Pathos

Actually that is not your problem. You ended up deflating this thread to an odd serious tone

No, Pathos, that was me. I'm somewhat sorry to have put this otherwise light-hearted thread on a bummerish tone. It just struck a chord with me, and I spoke my mind.

Now, it's my turn to apologize to all of you for making this thread so serious. My bad.

We are all human. Right?

Nostril probing by inmates of a prison is a serious matter. Nostril probing by inmates on the mother ship is another mater altogether.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Pathos: Sorry for that. I will quit posting after this.

Summerdreary: I just figured with the Batman thing you thought I was taking this as a joke. Anyway, none of that matters. I take back the first post. Good thing is, I know where to comment if I get abducted. But I shouldn't because of the tips.

Alright, take it easy guys.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Water-tastes-good
Pathos: Sorry for that. I will quit posting after this.

Summerdreary: I just figured with the Batman thing you thought I was taking this as a joke. Anyway, none of that matters. I take back the first post. Good thing is, I know where to comment if I get abducted. But I shouldn't because of the tips.

Alright, take it easy guys.

Don't go. We are just getting started. Pull up a chair and relax.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I wonder what the hell would happen if your tried to get into a fist fight with a alien entity?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Do they make boxing gloves that small?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Pathos: Ok, thanks.

Summerdreary: If I got in a fist fight with an alien, I would lose. I'm no Jackie Chan. Besides, I would be too afraid to punch it. It might eat my hand.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
In Re: Avoiding Alien Abduction...

First, this is not to poke fun at any one or any theory.

It is a true recollection of real events.

My mother is 86 years old. She lives alone, about 5 minutes from where I live in east-central Alabama.

On the night of 6 August 2009, she called me about 11:30 pm et, to ask me if I knew whether nearby Fort Benning was doing anything special. Now, I am no longer in the military and have not been for going on three decades. But I do try and stay current as to local events... and that includes those of a public nature at the installation.

The answer was yes; Fort Benning was in the midst of jumping a class of new paratroopers... they must make a certain number of jumps to get their paratroop wings. This information was not classified and had been on both TV news and print.

The next morning when I stopped for a personal visit, she told me of a large aircraft that made no noise but was lighted with various colors that moved slowly over her house the night before.

I immediately thought about some of the Triangle stories but did not tell her that. If she was seeing these things, her reports would be better untainted by what she might 'think' she was seeing from what I might tell her.

Two nights later, she called me about 11:30 or so and said that a large aircraft - like a helicopter - was hovering over some woods just west and south of her home. It displayed several bright, white lights but didn't make any noise and was stationary in the sky.

I couldn't resist and grabbed my 6mp Samsung and drove over. But when I got there, what ever it was, was already gone.

I ask her if she wanted me to stay, in sort of a kidding way... in case the 'aliens' might abduct her. She replied that... after losing her first husband to WW2 and a second to the beer can, there wasn't no little green men that she was going to take a trip with... unless they could offer a decent meal and had an ounce of manners.

I thought that was a bit of a hoot, coming from her, but in a way, I got the feeling she was serious. It was really a little odd the way it all came out in words.

Anyway, with that, I went home and slept well knowing that if the aliens ever DID come, they wouldn't dare mess with her. No more sighting since, have come to my attention.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
If I remember my UFO history, don't they read minds or something? Before you throw your first punch, they will have already moved out of the way.

Thanks for sharing redoubt.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Your grandmother is an extraordinary woman, it sounds like she has a very strong personality!
I bet she would have kicked the aliens arse.
That does sound like it had the makings of a potential abduction, but I'm glad it didn't.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by summerdreary]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by summerdreary
Your grandmother is an extraordinary woman, it sounds like she has a very strong personality!
I bet she would have kicked the aliens arse.
That does sound like it had the makings of a potential abduction, but I'm glad it didn't.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by summerdreary]

Well, she is my mom, not my grandmother and if that dates us both... what can I say lol.

Thanks for the reply

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There's a few additional points I would like to make.

The majority of abductions happen when the victim is sleeping, so that must mean that when we are awake we pose some kind of legitimate threat to the aliens. Because they choose to attack when we are defencless, that suggests that not only are they afraid of us, but also they feel that we could possibly escape if awake. Maybe they just like to do things swiftly and professionaly, or maybe when were awake its signfigantly harder- like trying to capture frogs. Its still easy, but when you were a kid, didn't you just wish they all would fall asleep so you could catch the biggest one?

Also, what aliens are doing is unacceptable to humans. All the talk of benevolent creatures is doubted when they whisk us from our home's and perform procedures on us.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I think I heard from somewhere, to NEVER sleep on your back or prone because it completely turns off your Chakra or something, leaving you defenseless to sleep paralysis or anything metaphysical they might employ on you. Sleep on your side, either facing left or right. I knew this a bit by instinct since I was a kid and avoiding such positions when sleeping.

Anyway, time for some break!

[edit on 13-8-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by summerdreary

I know I personally have never been the same...

Some tips I have well, might sound rediculous, but I am being entirley serious here...

One thing I did was started drinking and smoking, so I wouldn't be such a good, HOSTESS for their "babies" or ever it is they are putting in there....

that seemed to work for a while..then I started to drink less and less and it kinda started again...in fact I took off an entire month of drinking, and lets say, it felt like gave birth last week, AWEFUL feeling, hurt like ^&$*!....

But, I just dn't like drinking.....it SUCKS when you are not an alcoholic, and it makes you feel ill, and you hate the smell and taste, so I am trying to think of something else now that might work better...

I know one time my roommate was taken with me, (his first and only time,I tell him what a weird dream that must have been) but remeber he kicked one, and it was very soft and rubbery and died instantly...it pooped or lost it's insides and smelled God aweful...they haven't bugged him since, or me until last week when I was getting too healthy and clean again... ( I do a lot of cleanses etc and eat healthy....)

this time around I am resorting to a poor diet to see if that helps instead of the drinking..... I did find the healthier I was the worse it was.....or more often.

I know tis will sound completley illogical and I really don't mind or care about flaming anymore, but thought my honest answer fit the convo.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join