It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GE's silencing of Olbermann and MSNBC's sleazy use of Richard Wolffe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The New York Times this morning has a remarkable story, and incredibly, the article's author, Brian Stelter, doesn't even acknowledge, let alone examine, what makes the story so significant. In essence, the chairman of General Electric (which owns MSNBC), Jeffrey Immelt, and the chairman of News Corporation (which owns Fox News), Rupert Murdoch, were brought into a room at a "summit meeting" for CEOs in May, where Charlie Rose tried to engineer an end to the "feud" between MSNBC's Keith Olbermann and Fox's Bill O'Reilly. According to the NYT, both CEOs agreed that the dispute was bad for the interests of the corporate parents, and thus agreed to order their news employees to cease attacking each other's news organizations and employees.

Most notably, the deal wasn't engineered because of a perception that it was hurting either Olbermann or O'Reilly's show, or even that it was hurting MSNBC. To the contrary, as Olbermann himself has acknowledged, his battles with O'Reilly have substantially boosted his ratings. The agreement of the corporate CEOs to cease criticizing each other was motivated by the belief that such criticism was hurting the unrelated corporate interests of GE and News Corp:

www.salon.com.../opinion/greenwald
www.nytimes.com...
Well here it is folks. These 2 are a few who people deem credible and look at them. Both will shut their mouths to protect their parent corporations.

That's right....both of them shut up to protect the CEO's and stockholders interests.

It's not corrupted...NO WAY.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by David9176]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Ummmm....did you read it all?

This is actually pretty old, came out about two weeks ago.

Notice the quote, by Olbermann: "I am party to no deal", in the NYTimes article. He was reached while on vacation, that was his response.

IF you had seen Countdown last night, KO KO'd O'Reilly, but real good. Took off the gloves. Stated that Bill is so bad, over a false accusation that GE made components for roadside IEDs in Iraq, Keith thought Bill sould be fired! Said it, on the air.

"Worst Persons" segment.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yeah, I read it all and I know they have gone after each other since then....I was just pointing out what happens behind the scenes and how each hosts "parent company" will try to manipulate what is being brought forth...which is basically that they are both corrupted by corporate interests.

And yes...it's an interesting read.

Stated that Bill is so bad, over a false accusation that GE made components for roadside IEDs in Iraq, Keith thought Bill sould be fired! Said it, on the air.

I didn't catch it...I don't watch Olbermann much....I haven't been watching much of any tv news lately. Olbermann is probably right...but it doesn't change the fact that GE has received billions of dollars of taxpayer money..nor the fact that their CEO is one of Obama advisors...nor the fact that they have much to gain with cap and trade and health care.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by David9176]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Heh...I just turned on O'Reilly...and he is criticizing GE and NBC again. I hope they realize that they are exposing themselves for what they really are.

It's unfortunate most aren't seeing it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Stated that Bill is so bad, over a false accusation that GE made components for roadside IEDs in Iraq, Keith thought Bill sould be fired! Said it, on the air.

I'd just like to address this, but it is entirely possible that GE did make those parts for those IDE's but unknowingly. GE makes more than light bulbs and refrigerators they are also involved in lots of other things including the financial sector. It was a low blow by O'Riley to say it, and it was just as a low blow by Olberman.

Now on to the topic at hand, you just got done reading an article about how they are at each other throats acting like little two year old's. And you jump straight to their defense, after they tried to stop this stuff because it hurts corporate interests.

You are being played.

This kind of corruption is the reason we are in this mess that we are in. FOX and MSNBC are in bed together. Also Maybe I should remind everyone that the MS in MSNBC, stands for Microsoft.

Wake up people.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I'd just like to address this, but it is entirely possible that GE did make those parts for those IDE's but unknowingly. GE makes more than light bulbs and refrigerators they are also involved in lots of other things including the financial sector.

HERE is the video of the segment last night.

(I can't right-click, hope this works...)

**sigh** still no joy.....

[edit on 13 August 2009 by weedwhacker]

new topics

top topics

join