It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's discuss what's REALLY in the Health Care Bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightflyer28

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Nightflyer28

I don't see any indications of 'throwing them under the bus,' or any of the really nasty claims about how seniors would have to 'live with' problems because of reduced options.

It doesn't matter.
It's over.
Sarah Palin won.
Go check for yourself.
Rasmussen Reports

Won what? I followed your link, didn't find anything re Palin & health care. ALl I know is she likes to make either dubious or blatantly false claims, like the press "makin' stuff up" or about health care "death panels."

The nail in the coffin was when Pelosi called the senior citizens that are complaining "Un-american".

Wow - that's the most misinformed comment on this I've seen yet.

Pelosi didn't call senior citizens 'un-american' for complaining.

She said that about people who show up at a town hall, a public forum intended to provide constituents an opportunity to question their reps about various issues, and provide the reps an opportunity to respond right there rather than have to just give one-way feedback and information, and disrupt these forums with continual shouting, haranguing, and generally make it difficult or impossible for anyone else to get a question in or for the rep to answer questions or concerns without interruption.

That's not debate. That's not discussion. That's a group of people who have made up their minds, who are unlikely to be convinced or even consider another position, whose sole purpose is to stifle legitimate discussion and debate, prevent any actual facts from getting out, and scare the hell out of people who don't know the specifics but might otherwise be willing to listen.

I don't know if I'd call it outright un-American, shouting down everyone else and stifling the flow of information, but it's pretty goddamned close in my book.

This is a place for discussion and debate. As far as I'm concerned, if you just want to vent, shout, and you're not there to talk or otherwise act like adults, your place is outside, holding your little sign, protesting (which is your right), and letting the grownups talk.

Sorry, but a well-informed populace, one educated on the issues and capable of making an informed decision, is essential to a stable, functioning free country. Conversely, I don't know what misinformation/disinformation is essential to, but it sure as hell isn't a free country.

[edit on 8/14/2009 by Nightflyer28]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Like i said.
It doesn't matter.
ObamaCare has derailed.
It's over.
Sarah Palin wins.
The truth set us free from ObamaCare.

Watch out! Now Cap and Con is in trouble.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just a thought that had while rereading the bill 3200...

That Health Care ID Card that it's in the bill 3200 ; Is that a chipped RFID type of ID Card or has that been decided yet?

If so, what kind of information will be stored on the card?

Theoretically, If the bill passes with the ID Card verbiage intact and it's enacted by 2011; when it becomes illegal(?) to obtain new private policies (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm referring to pg 16? as I don't have it in front of me) can I theorize that the ID Card will be mandatory by that time or is that too much of a stretch.

Using Health Care bill to enact chipped ID Cards? To far of a stretch?

Just curious if anything is final on that.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightflyer28

Well, i have seen enough.
I think we should throw this entire 1,000 page mess into the fireplace
and start over.
Step 1:keep the government away from our senior citizens.
Stop throwing them under the bus.

I've looked it over as well, with particular attention to the areas that others are making the major scary claims about.

I don't see any indications of 'throwing them under the bus,' or any of the really nasty claims about how seniors would have to 'live with' problems because of reduced options.

We seem to be getting different impressions from the same words.

It doesn't matter.
It's over.
Sarah Palin won.
Go check for yourself.
Rasmussen Reports
51% fear the government more than the insurance companies.
ObamaCare is imploding as we speak.
The nail in the coffin was when Pelosi called the senior citizens
that are complaining "Un-american".

All that did was throw gasoline on the fire.
I honestly don't think Pelosi has any common sense.
I'm glad she is there. She is an easy target.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Eurisko2012]

I am not glad she is there at all. She seems as pathetically incompetent as some of those Congressmen and women. These people are supposed to be looking for the American citizens and they are not. Some of these people's views are bought by companies to shut them up. And the healthcare bill, like most bills, is long and over complicated so the government can insert big changes in small places.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join