It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

former U.S. Sen. John Edwards to admit that he is the father of his former mistress' 18-month-old d

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Raleigh, N.C. — former U.S. Sen. John Edwards to admit that he is the father of his former mistress' 18-month-old daughter.

Edwards, a two-time Democratic presidential candidate, confessed last August to having an affair with Rielle Hunter, who served as a videographer on Edwards' 2008 campaign. He has denied fathering her daughter, saying his relationship with Hunter ended before the child was conceived.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-8-2009 by dolphinfan]

[edit on 13-8-2009 by dolphinfan]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I don't and have never liked Edwards. He is way too slick for me. To me, this story is about venal and disengenuous politicians are. Remember, this gent ran for president twice and had a moderate level of popularity.

I once read a book that described the 1992 election and the author covered all major candidates through the primarys. At the beginning of the book he states "the think that you need to understand prior to reading this book is that each one of these men actually believe that they are qualified to be the leader of the free world" or something close to that.

That, when you think about it is a level of meglomania that is troubling, who ever is running, what ever party.

One of the best political ancedotes in US history is that when Harry Truman left the White House, he simply packed up his station wagon and drove home. Been a long time since we had someone like that as POTUS and perhaps we never will have again. A real person.

www.wral.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join