It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Corruption Index

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Corruption in any form is surely one of the plagues of our societies.

I recently ran across this interesting ranking system:

2008 CORRUPTION PERCEPTIONS INDEX

Interestingly enough the USA is ranked 18th.

With its ...

Single institution/sector perceived to be most affected by corruption [being] Parliament/
Legislature

Global Corruption Barometer 2009

Corruption Index FAQ

Including:

What are the sources of data for the CPI?

The 2007 CPI draws on 14 different polls and surveys from 12 independent institutions. TI strives to ensure that the sources used are of the highest quality and that the survey work is performed with complete integrity. To qualify, the data must be well documented and sufficient to permit a judgment on its reliability. All sources must provide a ranking of nations and must measure the overall extent of corruption. This condition excludes surveys which mix corruption with other issues, such as political instability, decentralization or nationalism.

About Transparency International.

Anyhoot, thought it was interesting enough to share.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Hmmm... I'd rather get rid of the 8 in 18 and stay with number 1, but hell, im not here to judge. I think there are other more corrupt countries out there.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
wow i can't believe how horrible russia did. 147th? Hey, it's only one worse than....Bangladesh???!!!...just makes ya wonder.
Again, canada and australia fall into the same category..tied for ninth.
18th aint bad usa, although that 18th spot represents a lot of money just because of the size of your economy.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

There is just no way this is all correct!!!!!!!

Greece in No 57?????????????????????

Common if not the champs we are somewhere out there on the top.......

Or is it that the world has turned as corrupt that we are better than 56 other countries, some of them quite profound in many ways??????????????????????

Just what is going on???????????

Is the whole world in a corruption and failure route?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I"d have to rate america number 1 considering how our legislators are so obviously bribed to let millions of illegals collect welfare and use our schools and ERs for free.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
#36 is not a country, Puerto Rico is a US COLONY! We OWN it although they do have home rule ... and most of their government officials are pretty crooked.

new topics

top topics

join