It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are christians always saying their bible is good

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk

US priest guilty of nun's murder

Rev Robinson gave no reaction as the verdict was read out
A Roman Catholic priest in the US has been found guilty of the murder of a nun 26 years ago in what prosecutors said was a ritualistic killing.
Rev Gerald Robinson, 68, was sentenced to a mandatory 15 years to life in prison by a judge in Toledo, Ohio.

The body of Sister Margaret Ann Pahl, 71, who was stabbed and strangled, was found in a hospital chapel in 1980.

The case was reopened aft
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Leviticus 20:9
If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.
20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.
20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.
Deuteronomy 22:20-1 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.
Exodus 35:2
For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Exodus 21:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.
1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men.
2:18 Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.
Leviticus 25:44-45
Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.

and the one that scares the pants of me

I'm pretty sure it's Psalms 137:9
"How blessed will be the one who grabs your babies and smashes them on a rock!"

or

I think it's Matt 1: 16 "Then Herod realized that he had been outwitted by Magi, he was furious, and gave orders to kill all the boys in Bethlehem and its vicinity who were two years old and under, in accordance with the time had he learned from Magi"

and they bully muslims for being evil?

why i respect christians but no need to have a thread evry day on how evil muslims are, see how easy it is to post something about someone else's religion. please refrain from that and yell at your kids before you yell at your neighbor's kids, if you know what i mean.

so one question why do christian's do these type of things?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
All religion is corrupt and evil. Not just Christians, Not just Muslims.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pujols5

Its fascinating isnt it?
I can't account for following this book other than for a insight into a ancient culture. An ethnographic source document if you will....But it's interesting what fear indoctrinating will propogate in peeps for millenia, quite an achievement when you think about it how long its been in cycle for.....

[edit on 13-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Point being that christians point the "I am holier than thou" finger at everyone. And outright bash muslims, when their holy book is extremely violent and unaccepting as they claim the koran is.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pujols5

Well, unless that bible actually got up and committed that crime in and of its own accord, then the bible itself was neither good or bad. It was the 'person' who committed that act, that bears responsibility for it.

The Christian Bible is a collection of works, written by various people over a period of thousands of years.

A gun is a collection of iron and steel, carefully crafted and updated over a period of hundreds of years.

Neither of this articles has ever committed a crime that I am aware of but still, people seem to attach to them an abstract that gives them the power of life and death and, by so doing, renders the person holding them into an inanimate object.

How illogical. How every odd, no?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
And when quoting bible versus remember christians live under the new covenant by Jesus, not under mosaic law. So old mosaic law don't apply to christians only jews and in sense muslims, since christian law is under the new testament covenant of Jesus. Also book of Romans in the new testament has some of the stuff.

if you wanna argue to jews about mosaic law then yea, there's some wild stuff under that law. And there's some wild as well under the new covenant, but nothing nearly as wild as mosaic law.

but then you have to see what religion you dealing with when arguing, catholicism has a whole other side compared to protestants. Where as protestants do not believe in the divinity of Mary or the catholic catechisms.
And the protestant bible does not have the apocrypha included. So don't lump catholics and protestants together when making remarks.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pujols5

...and they bully muslims for being evil?

...i respect christians but no need to have a thread evry day on how evil muslims are, see how easy it is to post something about someone else's religion.

simultaneous reply to post by born-indigo

Point being that christians point the "I am holier than thou" finger at everyone. And outright bash muslims, when their holy book is extremely violent and unaccepting as they claim the koran is.

There are many misunderstandings and misconceptions being raised, but I'd like to address those quoted in particular. I hope to return to some of the other issues when I have more time.

I hope that by referring you to the following thread I can demonstrate that the above-quoted accusations are truly, unjustly overgeneralized:

Why Muslims should be treated with more respect

(This was one of the first threads I ever created.)

Anyone who doubts I am a serious Christian is welcome to look at the 'favorite threads' list in my profile.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's Psalms 137:9
"How blessed will be the one who grabs your babies and smashes them on a rock!"

It's in 136:9 and it's a spiritual term. here's the real qoute.

And use the qoute before in context,

Psalms 136:8

" O Daughter of babylon, miserable : blessed shall be he who shall repay thee thy payment which thou hast paid us "

9 " Blessed be he that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock "

In the spiritual sense, we dash the little ones of Babylon against the rock when we mortify our passions and the first motions of them, by a speedy recourse to the rock which is Christ.

Because versu 8 said.... " blessed shall (be he) who shall repay thee. Which is christ who will repay Babylon and we dash our passions and sins against the rock who is Christ which is in context of blessed be he who over comes babylon and it's sins. by the rock of christ. My take anyways.

You gotta read in context, the bible is very spiritual and parable driven.

Now as for the priest. He is wrong. murder is still a commandment. The OT days are gone. Those laws and practices don't exist in the age of the new sacrafice. Those laws had to do with the penality for sin in which most likely the souls went to limbo, the state before heaven where souls stayed who were dead, whereas in this area of the new law, forgivens and sacrafice can cancel out the most henious crimes, provided the individual repremand their lives.

The commandments do exist.

So the guy will have to pay, either on earth or after death.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pujols5

Why do non-Christians kept generalizing Christians, bla bla bla, yada yada yada?

First Catholic is different from many Christian denominations (mentioned by Cito). Second, you need to 'wise up' before reading the Bible because it can be a dangerous book - little understanding is a dangerous thing.

Yep, dangerous for you, If you make this same mistake with Koran saying this in front of Muslims in a MidEast country, you won't come out 'lucky' as you did here. You'll probably end locked up in prison and XX lashes or worse, get beaten or stoned to death by angry mobs.

Easy to say this in forums, huh? That's why you'll never hear me bash any religion or beliefs in forums as I do in real life.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I grew up a Catholic, went to catholic school, church, holy communion, baptism...you know, the general works.

I some what think it's funny how there Heaven is The supreme place you want to be.
But you have to go threw almost absolute hell on Earth, to get there.
I have a quote I dearly live by.
There is no way to happiness...happiness itself IS the way.

Meaning...you cant expect to all the sudden, over night get HAPPY, and eternally "live the good life" for the lack of a better word.
Its the actual process, of BEING HAPPY, that helps you reach enlightenment.
I see a flaw in there system?

As well, if the heaven of Christian/catholic religion is so pure, how in fact did Lucifer and the fallen angel get "kicked out". Yes i know its not talked about often, but the place we are going to, that is 100% pure...created the MOST EVIL POWER in there religion?
That there pure heaven, has a flaw...had a general "bad angel" that had got kicked out. That just goes to show, even haven is flawed and dammed.
hmm...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

Originally posted by pujols5

Why do non-Christians kept generalizing Christians, bla bla bla, yada yada yada?

First Catholic is different from many Christian denominations (mentioned by Cito). Second, you need to 'wise up' before reading the Bible because it can be a dangerous book - little understanding is a dangerous thing.

Yep, dangerous for you, If you make this same mistake with Koran saying this in front of Muslims in a MidEast country, you won't come out 'lucky' as you did here. You'll probably end locked up in prison and XX lashes or worse, get beaten or stoned to death by angry mobs.

Easy to say this in forums, huh? That's why you'll never hear me bash any religion or beliefs in forums as I do in real life.

There is no such thing as right and wrong. Only threw ones perception, does right and wrong come into play.
REEELAX. it was an observation, we are all entitled to our own. In no way should you exercise the thoughtless terrorist acts, of a small percentage of islamic religions, as a reasonable way to express how you DIS-like his opinion.
No one should be harmed, or killed for what they believe in. ANY RELIGION will tell you that.

new topics

top topics

join